Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Ruby Red Redline SE
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried several sites trying to answer the question, "What makes the Ruby Red SE special?"

Since the color is shared with non-SE versions, it is not the color. The wheels are unique, but are there any other features/options that the SE's have?

How many RR SEs were produced, and of those, how many were manuals?

ajn

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
According to the CompNine data...

There were 994 Ruby Red Skys (of which 500 were the Special Edition).
...of those 994, 698 were Redlines, and 296 were "base"
......of the 698 Redlines, there were 445 autos and 253 manuals
.........of those 445 autos, 239 were Special Editions and 106 were "regular"
.........of those 253 manuals, 128 were Special Editions and 125 were "regular"
......of the 296 "base", there were 226 autos and 70 manuals
.........of those 226 autos, 100 were Special Editions and 126 were "regular"
.........of those 70 manuals, 33 were Special Editions, and 37 were "regular"

as for what makes them "Special", they had a racing stripe, different wheels, red interior stitching and a special VIN number.

Note that those same wheels were also on the Hydro Blue Special Edition.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I believe mbeardsley's response to be correct as far as the "as for what makes them...", but cannot corroborate the CompNine numbers.

If he is correct, we own one of the 125 2009 Non-SE manual Redlines. Which (again, if mbeardsley is correct) is more special than the special edition (AKA "special-er")

Another reason I can use to convince the Wife to keep the SKY when I buy the C8 :cool:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Well, the CompNine data has seemed to be quite accurate for the 2008 and 2009 model years - though it has been obviously incorrect for the 2007 model year.

The only real discrepencies that have been discussed for 2008 and 2009 have been about test cars. I believe that the CompNine data does NOT include test cars, and some data from other places does. Obviously, this would account for some minor variances in totals.

And yes, since there were 500 Special Edition Ruby Red, and 494 "regular" Ruby Red - the "regular" is slightly more rare than the Special Edition. Not that I think it will make any difference in the long run.

·
Registered
469 Posts
. . . . . . I believe that the CompNine data does NOT include test cars, and some data from other places does. Obviously, this would account for some minor variances in totals. . . .
Compnine data listed for a VIN might be incorrect in certain cases, but I have never seen any Kappa VIN that was not included in Compnine. And that goes for EX VIN, prototypes and pilot vehicles as well. (BTW: Many of these were sold to the public or parted out after GM sold them)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have tried several sites trying to answer the question, "What makes the Ruby Red SE special?"

Since the color is shared with non-SE versions, it is not the color. The wheels are unique, but are there any other features/options that the SE's have?

How many RR SEs were produced, and of those, how many were manuals?

ajn
[/QUO

·
Registered
15 Posts
I knew mine was Special, the day I took it off the showroom floor, coming up on 13 yrs ago in August. Ruby Red 2009SE Automatic, which was my first car that was a automatic. Our Son said "Mom you would enjoy having the automatic" have not a day said I would trade it in. It is a Arizona car, and is our main source of transportation. Thought it may hamper a overnight stay anywhere, but space bagging overnights away made it possible, though grocery store visits can only be made with the driver, as I do need to use the seat as storage. Oh and the last thing when my husband or I go on long trips away by plane, we have to pack light, as one of us in the passenger seat has to carry luggage on their lap. Oh well thats a minor inconvenience.

·
Registered
34 Posts
nothing is "special-er" than our Ruby Red SE as it's the only one with our names on the title. Bought it in Oct. 2011 with 3500 miles and now has 18,754 miles. It will last us till will can't drive any longer and makes for some fun days riding on the Blue Ridge Parkway around Roanoke, VA. If any others are in our area it would be fun to get together. google Brooks and Company Firewood and give us a call.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.