Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I did it! I ordered my sky on Friday morning... went to the dealership, test drove the one they had there.... I couldn't walk away. So, I put down a deposit and I'm hoping and praying I will get it while there is still SOME convertible weather left, LOL. I ordered triple black with the premium trim package, automatic, and LSD. Of course, it hasn't been imaged yet, so I can still change the options... are there any other options that you all think I should have? Anything that you didn't get and wish that you did? Or that you did get and couldn't live without? I am still kind of stuck on the chrome wheels... right now I have just ordered the painted ones, but I am wondering if the chrome would be a better choice. What options do you all have?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I have everything but the spoiler and love the chromes. But its a personal choice. Good luck in what ever you order...:thumbs:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I saw a black Sky with painted wheels at the dealer the other day. It looked good to me, since the paint matches the windshield trim and other items.

I'm still trying to figure out my options, too, and have a few questions of my own:

1. Anybody have the cloth seats? I'm debating if I want the leather or not, since it will get hot if I leave the top down in the summer sun. If the steering wheel audio controls is part of the premium package, is it a completely different steering wheel if you get the standard cloth? Every picture I've seen has the premium package.

2. How is the upgraded stereo? What kind of capacity does the MP3 player have? How do you go about getting the MP3 files loaded?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
MP3 player you are refering to is not a player but a direct link plug in for you own personal MP3 player. The upgraded stereo is great I have no problems hearing my stereo with the top down and 70mph. :thumbs:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, especially the picture. I think I'm just going to stick with painted because it looks good w/ the windshield trim and such.

·
Registered
432 Posts
As a comparison, here's a Black Sky with the chrome wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
sparkle4596 said:
Of course, it hasn't been imaged yet, so I can still change the options... are there any other options that you all think I should have? Anything that you didn't get and wish that you did? Or that you did get and couldn't live without? I am still kind of stuck on the chrome wheels... right now I have just ordered the painted ones, but I am wondering if the chrome would be a better choice. What options do you all have?
I ended up very pleased with the spoiler and when I ordered the car i hadn't the slightest idea how it would look. Same with the chrome wheels, and I was very pleased with those as well. I think the leather interior would be the main option I couldnt live without. Followed in close order by the chrome rims and then probably XM radio.

One thing about options like the spolier and rims, you can always go back and get them after you get your car (allbeit at probably a higher price w/ labor for install) so you dont have to stress TOO much if you decided you wanted something after the fact.

·
Registered
169 Posts
sparkle4596 said:
Well, I did it! I ordered my sky on Friday morning... went to the dealership, test drove the one they had there.... I couldn't walk away. So, I put down a deposit and I'm hoping and praying I will get it while there is still SOME convertible weather left, LOL. I ordered triple black with the premium trim package, automatic, and LSD. Of course, it hasn't been imaged yet, so I can still change the options... are there any other options that you all think I should have? Anything that you didn't get and wish that you did? Or that you did get and couldn't live without? I am still kind of stuck on the chrome wheels... right now I have just ordered the painted ones, but I am wondering if the chrome would be a better choice. What options do you all have?
I have a triple black. The Chrome wheels look great against the black. I also love the spoiler. I have the XM 6 disc monsoon and auto. Go for the chrome if you can get them.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Spark Congrats on placing your order...Hey, you're lucky you got in an order...It will take you a while to get yours...I hope you get is when there is still some summer left.

As for your options...You are getting the painted rims?

I was thinking about that as well...I original ordered the painted rims but after looking all the wheel options over I went with the POLISHED WHEELS before I was imaged.

If you got black/black leather I would get the CHROME RIMS ...Personally CHROME WOULD LOOK BEST with the black...with the chrome accents all over the car and the front Chrome upper logo bar on the Sky CHROME WHEELS MAKE THE MOST SENSE....

It's just looks classy on the black...painted to me just looks cheap on the black...but chrome wheels dont work on all the colors...Like the Polished and painted wheels look best on the Silver pearl...and the painted wheels look good on the Yellow...if the yellow had chrome to me it would just be too hard to look at...the painted wheels on the yellow is easier on the eyes.

This is just my opinion but maybe that will help you out some...you can ck out most colors with the wheel options on this forum...take some time and take a look...:lol:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I would suggest upgrading the stereo to the Monsoon audio. I know you'll be able to put better factory upgrades later but read some of the other threads on the possibly difficulty on replacing the woofer and the head unit. Maybe someone with the base unit could tell us how loud it is with the top down while cruising.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
my signature list the options I have

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
marklynn70 said:
MP3 player you are refering to is not a player but a direct link plug in for you own personal MP3 player. The upgraded stereo is great I have no problems hearing my stereo with the top down and 70mph. :thumbs:
I may be wrong on this, but I believe that the CD player will play MP3 encoded CDs also, so you can put a large number of your favorite tunes on a single CD-R or RW disc.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ggccg said:
I may be wrong on this, but I believe that the CD player will play MP3 encoded CDs also, so you can put a large number of your favorite tunes on a single CD-R or RW disc.
Yeah thats the claim -- i have had trouble getting my head unit to recognize the MP3 tracks though. I get disc errors, perhaps its the discs I am using...

·
Registered
262 Posts
1994SC2 said:
Yeah thats the claim -- i have had trouble getting my head unit to recognize the MP3 tracks though. I get disc errors, perhaps its the discs I am using...
If you go to the owner's manual for the SKY, there are all kinds of intructions for making MP3 disks. I, not being a technohead, didn't understand 90% of it. But there did seem to be some restrictions on how the MP3 disks must be made to play correctly in the 6 disk changer upgrade.

·
Registered
262 Posts
sparkle4596 said:
...are there any other options that you all think I should have? Anything that you didn't get and wish that you did? Or that you did get and couldn't live without?
The key for me was FUNCTIONAL or EYE CANDY. Get the funtional now and leave the eye candy for later if you have to. I got everything that was going to be a pain to add later if I wanted it. For example,
  • XM satelite radio: Get it now. How are you going to add that later and make it clean and easy? Now, I just push the button and I'm listening to it. If you add it later, where will the antenna go? You go and get a nice car, then you start adding aftermarket XM antennas to it. What's that going to look like?
  • Chrome wheels: Easy to add later, but extra money because there is no exchange. If money is an issue, drop it for now and get them later. Besides, the last thing that I think about when I'm driving is what wheels I have, because I can't see them. Eye candy, not functional.
  • Spoiler: Again, it is really just eye candy. Car looks great with or with out. Some say they will add it later. So I've heard, some of the colors come from Saturn PRE-painted, and some colors have to be painted. If it is really just eye candy, then you have to worry about color match. Drop all kinds of $$$ on this item just to have a color mismatch would really suck. Now what do you do with the holes in your truck lid? If you think that you really might miss the spoiler after you get the car and the $275 is no object, get the spoiler now.
  • LSD: Get it, it's cheap. [On edit: I can't believe that this is NOT standard equipment in this car.]
  • Automatic Transmission: While I was waiting for the car, I was really worried that I chose the manual by mistake. I had not driven a stick in 20 years. Didn't know if I was going to be sorry or not. Now that I have the car, I can't believe that I was even considering the automatic. The stick makes you DRIVE the car. What a blast. My advice, if this is going to be your TOY car, get the stick and save yourself the money to get another option, (upgraded 6 disk radio) If this is going to be your daily driver AND you live in congested and traffic jammed areas, then get the auto.
  • 6 disk radio upgrade: Functional, get it now unless you are one of those audio nut cases like 1994SC2 that goes through withdrawal if he is not messing with the stereo to get 2 more Mhz out of the tweeter. If aftermarket is your thing, go that route. But remember, it's not just the stereo. Onstar, the buttons on the steering wheel with the upgrade interior, door chimes, and I even think that the turn signal sound comes from the speakers, not just some clicking sound from a relay under the dash. Upgrading the radio is very involved and effects (affects?) other systems in the car.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
sparkle4596 said:
Now I am sure there is a thread somewhere defining the term "imaged of the sky"?? but have patience with a new comer, and define for me.
Thanks a bunch
Mrsviper
07/sky
black/red trim

1 - 20 of 30 Posts