Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be interesting to find out what percentage of dealer allocations are pre-sold. I ask this because I was reading a post the other day that stated Saturns logic behind not advertising the Sky at this time is because they want people to be able to go into the dealership after seeing the commercial and be able to see and buy a Sky.

Saturn doesn't want people pissed off because they go into a dealership and find no Sky to be found. Sorry it isn't built yet. Hmmm... I wonder how they are going to feel if they find that the dealer has non left to sell.:mad: SOLD OUT!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just went to my Saturn dealer today, they have 3 pre-sold, and they said they are only getting 2 per month. So they won't have one for sale until May.. :mad:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
rick112 said:
It would be interesting to find out what percentage of dealer allocations are pre-sold. I ask this because I was reading a post the other day that stated Saturns logic behind not advertising the Sky at this time is because they want people to be able to go into the dealership after seeing the commercial and be able to see and buy a Sky.

Saturn doesn't want people pissed off because they go into a dealership and find no Sky to be found. Sorry it isn't built yet. Hmmm... I wonder how they are going to feel if they find that the dealer has non left to sell.:mad: SOLD OUT!
I always said Saturn went about marketing this product all wrong, I hope they learn from it.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been saying the same thing. Imagine how pissed off you'd be to see the car of your dreams on the TV. It's in your price range. You run to your local Saturn dealer only to find out it's been sold out for months and you won't be able to get one for months because of the waiting list. Oh and to make matters even worse because of the demand the dealers are jacking the price up well above MSRP so that it's now out of your price range anyway.:eek:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'm on the list whew, so it's all about me. I do understand how the others will feel having to wait to get that dream car after all I'm still waiting:)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
We are all sold out...it is frusterating because people come in every day and want to buy it...oh well...2008

·
Registered
295 Posts
We have thirteen or so deposits. Number 1 has ordered, number two was in yesterday, but I don't have an image for him yet. I cannot gaurantee who will order and who will not. The deposit list is more like a "right of first refusal list". Number three will not order if he can't fit comfortably in the car. And so it goes. We have one person who can't get his soon enough, and can't understand why (with cash in hand) he can't get the very first one. I'm sorry he was late to the deposit party, but we are doing what we can to keep everyone happy. <*sigh*> It isn't easy being SKY....lol
Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
My dealer made the comment -- "We have 10 to sell and 37 people in line"...
Of course that is why #1 went to the first person in line- no need for a "in house" car.
My best guesstimate? You will find some West coast and other warm states -- but none in the Midwest and northeast. All told? 90% sold I bet (that would be about 1000 left - scattered about)
Because it is coming out with the advent of warm weather - they will be snapped up here in the Midwest. Unlike Sol -- which came out at the end of teh summer drive. The few Sols left will get snapped up as well, I bet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
rick112 said:

In terms of advertizing, you only see the sky commercials now because the car is really not out there. You do not see a solstice commercial with the other pontiac cars because GM can not produce the cars fast enough.

·
Registered
92 Posts
SolSky_Designs said:
In terms of advertizing, you only see the sky commercials now because the car is really not out there. You do not see a solstice commercial with the other pontiac cars because GM can not produce the cars fast enough.
I think this is soo funny. You hear about all the trouble GM is in, how they are taking a multi million dollar loss every year. Yet, they finally have a car they can sell for MSRP, and the can't even get that right.

I think we should ask toyota to make a few hundred thousand for us, can't say I've ever seen them run out of Camary's :jester:

·
Registered
326 Posts
wakebord99 said:
I think this is soo funny. You hear about all the trouble GM is in, how they are taking a multi million dollar loss every year. Yet, they finally have a car they can sell for MSRP, and the can't even get that right.

I think we should ask toyota to make a few hundred thousand for us, can't say I've ever seen them run out of Camary's :jester:

AGREE!! :thumbs: But hey...I'll be one of the lucky few around & by looking at the Wilmington plant pics I'll be the only yellow around!!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Just got back from Richmond Virgina and the Saturn dealer there said they were selling theirs on a first come first served basis as they come in, which means they are ordering all theirs themselves and you take what you get....

·
Registered
802 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Look how many CAMARYS are on the road, compared to the Sky, There are so many they just blend in with all ther many others that have flooded the country. Your grandma is a smart lady, thanks for the compliment.:thumbs:
You can learn a lot from old people, try listening to them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts