Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jill???? Are you in Dallas?????

I have a question. What the heck is going on with the chrome wheels? Seriously...

I have tried to be nothing but encouraging, uplifting and patient with myself and everyone else on this forum. When everyone is pissed off, I tell them it's worse to be pissed on and to get over it... that we are lucky to be getting the car, blah blah blah.

But here I am, 10 months in with a deposit and my car is in "136-land" with no chrome wheels available?????????? How can this happen?

Is it an option to change our order to regular wheels to speed up the process? I can chrome them myself...

I am truly, truly, truly sad and disappointed now. I have waited SOOOOOOO long for the car and tried to be SOOOOOOOOO patient.

I just don't understand. Today - I cried.

·
Registered
80 Posts
No need to cry....

You have been great at keeping everyone else cheerful through the wait, and now it's your turn to be cheered up. That's normal while waiting in limbo for something that you really want and have built an emotional attachment to. However, try to keep in mind at the end of the day the Sky is still just a car. I know it is fantastic, looks great, handles great, and all those things. Plus the weather is getting nicer now in most of the country so everyone is getting the itch to drive their new Sky topless down some twisty road.

It will come when it is meant to come, and you will still enjoy every second of it. Remember people like Ernest who thought their car was delayed...stuck in the system...whatever, and then had it miraculously show up at the dealer. Sometimes the whole code-system thing is NOT keeping up to date with the car.

Think about this: I am waiting on the Redline, and I can't even order yet while other people are already driving around in their new car. Two things get me through it...It is just a car...and I will enjoy it even more when it finally arrives.

Just my 2 cents. Hang in there!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Angelqute1 said:

I have a question. What the heck is going on with the chrome wheels? Seriously...

I have tried to be nothing but encouraging, uplifting and patient with myself and everyone else on this forum. When everyone is pissed off, I tell them it's worse to be pissed on and to get over it... that we are lucky to be getting the car, blah blah blah.

But here I am, 10 months in with a deposit and my car is in "136-land" with no chrome wheels available?????????? How can this happen?

Is it an option to change our order to regular wheels to speed up the process? I can chrome them myself...

I am truly, truly, truly sad and disappointed now. I have waited SOOOOOOO long for the car and tried to be SOOOOOOOOO patient.

Gawd! I feel the same way..I hope those are just raindrops in my eyes.
Think it has something to do with California? They haven't yet gotten a demo at my dealer and they are supposed to be one of the largest selling ones in SoCal.. They have removed their SUV from the showroom I hope in anticipation of the SKY. Good luck on Chrome Wheels.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Angelqute1 said:

I changed to painted -- you could get aftermarket or prehaps purchase later or in my case -- I ended up liking the painted better once I saw them and chrome...
Went from #9 on the list to #4 and imaged

However -- since yor SKY is "in the works" I think all you can do is wait...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Angelqute1 said:

at least your is ordered, they are starting to release the automataics and i still can't get mine orederd. so consider your's atleast half or three quarters done. mine was sopose to be a birthday present from my hubby.:banghead: :mad: my salesman does not eaven want to see it when i call

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks..... that helped - really. In all honesty, it's like I told my GM... at this point, the timing has been a full term pregnancy (or so it seems) and now that we're nearing the end, I feel the contractions - except it's stuck in a "crowning position" (ewwwwwwwwwwwwww) and, you're right, because it will come.. and soon. I'm just PMSing maybe. Yeah, that's what it is. And I told him so in an email. Sometimes my emotions just get the best of me. Sorry folks, and thanks for letting me vent.

p.s. I am NOT pregnant really... just using that as a simile.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Today - I cried.
Well I haven't cried but I know the feeling. I'm very frustrated at the lack of communication and information. And to make matters worse, I don't even have a build date. I haven't been "preferenced"! It's hard watching people seemingly leap ahead of me in line and get their cars then Zoom off the site never to be heard from again.

I'm trying to be patient. I'm only calling Saturn once a week. I'm looking for small victories. My dealer has the cai in stock:confused: already. So I bought that today. Now I just have to wait for my car.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
For $2K you can get some really nice wheels. I intend to keep my as OEM parts as possible, but ordered the painted because it just didn't seem like a good value. Heck, I could even get the painted ones cleaned and chromed for less than the $2K they are asking and will look the same. :D

Just food for thought.:)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Houston...WE HAVE A PROBLEM ! Angelqute1 We are still in the same position as you. Dont get upset because it really is funny at this point. Yes Saturn is out of chrome wheels, I have yet to see a VIN above 1000, not all of these cars came with chrome wheels as we have seen by peoples photos of their cars ,so they did not plan this very well. Basically Saturn tempted everyone with chrome wheels in all their pre-release display cars as they did with the red dash. They dropped the red dash at production time for whatever reason, and now they are out of chrome wheels and have been for weeks. We are at 030 for 3 weeks now and just idle.So just laugh it off because thats all we can do, and also remember once our cars our built we get to look forward to the shipping horror stories. :mad:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
If wheels were all that was holding up my order I'd be changing the order to. It would be nice to put some really kool wheels on the car at the same time I change the rubber to the F1's

·
Registered
18,032 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Thanks..... that helped - really. In all honesty, it's like I told my GM... at this point, the timing has been a full term pregnancy (or so it seems) and now that we're nearing the end, I feel the contractions - except it's stuck in a "crowning position" (ewwwwwwwwwwwwww) and, you're right, because it will come.. and soon. I'm just PMSing maybe. Yeah, that's what it is. And I told him so in an email. Sometimes my emotions just get the best of me. Sorry folks, and thanks for letting me vent.

This may help...u r experiencing post partum depression...a woman thing:lol: :lol: Sorry, but I had to say that...

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
94 Posts
Know the feeling ! Imaged on 3/7..... Only check with the dealer once a week (on Tues) and get "no change" as the reply. :willy: :banghead: The weather Sun. was low 80's with Carolina blue skies above and everytime I see a convertable spts car, my heart sinks a little deeper........

Repeat after me, "Good things come to those who wait" - Keep saying it till you believe it or your Sky arrives, which ever comes first

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I know that it seems unbearable with the wait at this time, I suffered something fierce waiting for the red leather. Ask the forum they will tell you of my agony. But you must remember it will be worth the wait the first instant you set your eyes on those babies, it will then all come in to focus and you will be totally, gratified and the misery will magically disappear. The moment I laid eyes on my red interior, all was well & right with the world, and I hugged Kathy and told her thanks for making me stick with it!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
39 Posts
OOHH so frustrating......

rick112 said:
Well I haven't cried but I know the feeling. I'm very frustrated at the lack of communication and information. And to make matters worse, I don't even have a build date. I haven't been "preferenced"! It's hard watching people seemingly leap ahead of me in line and get their cars then Zoom off the site never to be heard from again.

I'm trying to be patient. I'm only calling Saturn once a week. I'm looking for small victories. My dealer has the cai in stock:confused: already. So I bought that today. Now I just have to wait for my car.
lack of communication is the hardest part of this process.....:confused: I know this will all be forgotten when my sky arrives..... patients patients patients...

·
Registered
94 Posts
TexSon said:
For $2K you can get some really nice wheels. I intend to keep my as OEM parts as possible, but ordered the painted because it just didn't seem like a good value. Heck, I could even get the painted ones cleaned and chromed for less than the $2K they are asking and will look the same. :D

Just food for thought.:)
We're all waiting for the $795 chrome wheel option. Not that it matters, once the order is accepted and approved, you can't change it:banghead:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Angelqute1 said:

Angelqute1,

We all feel your pain...the waiting sucks! I can't wait to take delivery of my "baby" and let everyone know that I'm a proud owner of a new "SKY" :)
Hang in there.....tomorrow you will be one day closer to receiving your bundle of joy!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I have waited SOOOOOOO long for the car and tried to be SOOOOOOOOO patient.I just don't understand. Today - I cried.
Don't cry Angel Honey, just drink. :cheers: No one is firing live rounds, no need to dial 911, we are all still breathing, it is a gorgeous spring day, and one day, this will all be a funny memory!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Angelqute1 said:

Just imagine your at the GM's convention in Dallas and watching the public flogging of those who are forcing add ons, not mention the big pot of boiling oil for those "Market Adjustment" GMs. :smash: :lol:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
bentley said:
at least your is ordered, they are starting to release the automataics and i still can't get mine orederd. so consider your's atleast half or three quarters done. mine was sopose to be a birthday present from my hubby.:banghead: :mad: my salesman does not eaven want to see it when i call
Bentley...I have to sit here and wonder why you cannot get your automatic ordered? My automatic was imaged on 3/27, along with a few others that I know of in the Chicago area. I also heard that the restriction was lifted on automatics, and that they would be at 50/50 ordering percentage this week. I'd be on the horn with my GM asking what the delay is. Could it be that there is no available image for you? Or have you been assigned an image and it's just not being accepted by the ordering system?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Angel Where is that stiff upper lip. We don't want to see a pout we want to see smiles. Remember it could be worse. It could be 5 months ago when all this was starting to gear up. When Ernest, Skybaby, and about 20 others had not signed on to this forum yet. So ya see, everything is smelling like roses today. Maybe tomorrow Ernest will have found Fartblossom for me and I know she don't smell like a rose. But tomorrow is a different story. Keep the faith it will happen when you don't think it will...Skip.....:lol: :cool: :cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts