Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey this is for all the folks who have already picked up your sky. I was wanted to get some advice on all the things I need to check upon thaking delivery of my car. I live in St. Louis and am picking up my car in Kansas City so I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything before I drive off. I know I can probably get any problem fixed in St. Louis but I figured it wouls be easier to try and take care of problems at the dealer I bought the car from. I am aware of the wheel rub problem which I think has been taken care of but what else should I look for. Thanks Alot!!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'll start it off and most likely miss a few things -- but we will get people to our rescue, I am sure! :cheers:

1. Check for rear wheel rub. Slide your hand between the rear tire and the front of the wheel well. You should see a "bump" there but right in the middle you should feel a round disk (fastener) if you do, the car is "fixed". If you do not make the deal aware that there is a service bulletin on this problem and he should fix it. I am 99.997 % sure it will be fixed.

2. If you have the Premium Leather interior - check the Stainless Steel sill plates at the door opening (It will say Saturn -- or it should -- make sure it does not say Pontiac!). See if they are firmly glued in place as a few people have lost there's

3. Check all four wheels to make sure that they have the SATURN logo on them and not the PONTIAC one. There have been mix-ups

4. If you have auto - ask if the transmission has been checked for water as a number of trannies have leaked. There is a service bulletin on this and if your SKY is in the VIN range it should already be done.

There are more things to check - but best done at home or soon after pick up. Like:
Tire Pressure (29 lbs.)
Check lugs for tightness
Make sure you top fits snuggly (put up and down a few times -- get good at it.) The front latch should hold the top tightly in place - with very little space.
Check for leaks

Again -- peeps -- add more
We should compile a list that we can search and send new owners to. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Run both windows up and down several times. See if the rubber weather stripping wants to roll inside the window. If so, the next can remove the weather stripping, and add glue to keep it from doing it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rick Tinley Park said:
I'll start it off and most likely miss a few things -- but we will get people to our rescue, I am sure! :cheers:

1. Check for rear wheel rub. Slide your hand between the rear tire and the front of the wheel well. You should see a "bump" there but right in the middle you should feel a round disk (fastener) if you do, the car is "fixed". If you do not make the deal aware that there is a service bulletin on this problem and he should fix it. I am 99.997 % sure it will be fixed.

2. If you have the Premium Leather interior - check the Stainless Steel sill plates at the door opening (It will say Saturn -- or it should -- make sure it does not say Pontiac!). See if they are firmly glued in place as a few people have lost there's

3. Check all four wheels to make sure that they have the SATURN logo on them and not the PONTIAC one. There have been mix-ups

4. If you have auto - ask if the transmission has been checked for water as a number of trannies have leaked. There is a service bulletin on this and if your SKY is in the VIN range it should already be done.

There are more things to check - but best done at home or soon after pick up. Like:
Tire Pressure (29 lbs.)
Check lugs for tightness
Make sure you top fits snuggly (put up and down a few times -- get good at it.) The front latch should hold the top tightly in place - with very little space.
Check for leaks

Again -- peeps -- add more
We should compile a list that we can search and send new owners to. :thumbs:
Thanks Alot Rick! That's some good advice.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SkyHi07 said:
Run both windows up and down several times. See if the rubber weather stripping wants to roll inside the window. If so, the next can remove the weather stripping, and add glue to keep it from doing it.
Thanks SkyHi07

1 - 5 of 5 Posts