Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been lots of threads about the minimal gauges in the Sols and Skys. At this time it seems that the only viable method to have more gauges is mounting them somewhere in you line of sight. Choice "a" is on the dash and choice "b" is on the left windshield pillar. Since I don't have my RL yet I can't get a good look at choice "a". However, EVERY car has a A pillar. So I went looking for gauge pods. I found Lotek, Inc. Google it and see what you think. If they get enough inquiries they might make them for the Kappas. Hope so. I'll buy one for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Stinkin guages

We don't need no stinkin' guages.

Okay I suppose sometimes they do provide useful info - but generally speaking I spend more time looking at what is outside the car - generally only look at the gas guage and the trip odometer to figure out how much farther I can go before I need gas. The guages and sensors I use are my ears - and the seat of my pants.

·
Registered
351 Posts
There have been lots of threads about the minimal gauges in the Sols and Skys. At this time it seems that the only viable method to have more gauges is mounting them somewhere in you line of sight. Choice "a" is on the dash and choice "b" is on the left windshield pillar. Since I don't have my RL yet I can't get a good look at choice "a". However, EVERY car has a A pillar. So I went looking for gauge pods. I found Lotek, Inc. Google it and see what you think. If they get enough inquiries they might make them for the Kappas. Hope so. I'll buy one for sure.

I checked out their web site and I think a set of gauges would look great on the pillar.:thumbs:
I for one like gauges...not only are they eye candy they are functional.
I do not trust or like idiot lights.:banghead:

Did you post this on the Sol Forum.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Personally I'm not a race car driver and don't need the race car/racer boy look. If there were an option for more guages in the dash that kept the lines clean I'd be all for it but on the pilar is not for me. If that's what you like then by all means go for it.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, sure did.

·
Registered
637 Posts
$.02 the instrument cluster is terrible in the sky...it looks so cheesy.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Snaponbob I would probably also be looking for a set of guages for my redline, maybe they could even come up with a set of micro cameras to display enhanced side views on the pillar now that would also be helpful:thumbs:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Same as the Cobalt.:willy:

When I asked my salesrep if the instrument cluster would be the same on the Redline and he replied yes it would, except for the turbo gauge, I told him that the design team really blew that one... he explained that they were going for a motorcycle style instrument cluster... I said, it's not a motorcycle and we both started laughing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts