Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was so depressed about how long it was taking to get my Sky I had to do something. I decided to go to China to try to forget it. Well it obviously is not working as I am posting here.:banghead: Few things I have learned, these people are crazy when it comes to driving between bicycles and mopeds and motorcycles and cars they go any direction at any time, so no Sky driving here.:willy: Second thing, if you are a meat and potatoes kind of guy, be prepared to lose weight.:thumbs:

Here are a couple of photos, I am here for two more weeks, may the Sky Gods deliver my car soon!!:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Ok, Im jealous. I have always wanted to visit there. Awsome pic, take more. Have fun, be safe and may your car be here when you get home...:D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hope your car doesnt come in while your there and they sell it to someone else....sorry just kidding

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
To pass the time waiting for my R/L Sky, I drive Serenity, or one of the delears AURA"s:thumbs: Waiting for one car is bad enough, but when you got two you are waiting for, is at the least exciting, especially when you know that one is built and ready to ship, but can't because of a mod:banghead: :lol: It is a hoot though:D I learned on Serenity to chill and let it happen, and when it does happen, great:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Ernest said:
To pass the time waiting for my R/L Sky, I drive Serenity, or one of the delears AURA"s:thumbs: Waiting for one car is bad enough, but when you got two you are waiting for, is at the least exciting, especially when you know that one is built and ready to ship, but can't because of a mod:banghead: :lol: It is a hoot though:D I learned on Serenity to chill and let it happen, and when it does happen, great:thumbs:
How was the ride in the Aura?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
marklynn70 said:
How was the ride in the Aura?
Will let you know tomorrow. It wasn't finished being prepped & window tint. Will pick up tomorrow after I get back from VA Hospital, some kind of bone scan, white count thing, don't really know what kind of test it is, but I have to report to Nuclear Medicine Dept at 9 am tomorrow & same time on Friday.
I will probably glow in the dark afterwards.:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Ernest said:
Will let you know tomorrow. It wasn't finished being prepped & window tint. Will pick up tomorrow after I get back from VA Hospital, some kind of bone scan, white count thing, don't really know what kind of test it is, but I have to report to Nuclear Medicine Dept at 9 am tomorrow & same time on Friday.
I will probably glow in the dark afterwards.:lol:
Cool I always wanted a friend that would glow in the dark. :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
At least Kathy will be able to see you in the dark. ..Skip....:) :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Oh Ernest what is that glow you have....Skip..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Perhaps I need a few more business trips to China during my 6 month wait for my Sky.

So I've been to China 4 times in the last year...each time for about 2-3 weeks at a time on business. I work for a battery company with a CM outside of the "enterprise zone" of Shenzhen in a place called Long Hua Village. So we get to spend some time in Hong Kong, and went partying a whole lot. Mostly I hang out in an area called Shekou (part of Shenzhen), which is a famous expat area where Dung Shao Ping gave his speech and opened the China ecomomy to the outside world. If you can look past the Tienamen Square incident (which I can't), he really has been the greatest thing to happen to China since the commies took over. Mind you I don't support the government, but the people are so amazing and have such a beautiful county.

It's a shame the air quality in Shenzhen is so crappy, and the pollution is disgusting and the quality of life for the average Chinee is kind of depressing.

I sadly didn't take many pictures of the really fun stuff (not sure if it would have been right because some of the things we did were a whole lot of fun), but here's one from our CM's building....They built the buildings before the roads...on my first trip (april 2005) that road you can see was a 30 foot deep hole where they were running water mains. By December the whole road was done. Just out of site is the "garbage pit" where they burn all their trash every Monday and Thursday. The stench is horrible.

The second is Hong Kong's Victoria peak, then a B&W of inside the airport terminal, and last a room full of 100,000+ batteries waiting to be sorted...

If you ever get the chance to go, make every effort to try. I never knew how much world was out there until I got away from seeing white people everywhere I went. BTW I am white...I finally understand the concept of discrimnation and unease people feel when being judged by the color of their skin. When working on a Saturday, I got a chance to see the families that live in the complex where they make the batteries. When they saw me coming out of our lab, the whole few hundred of them stopped their fun and games and stared at me like I was an alien...think something like..."My god white people really do exist...and look how fat they are."

Which brings me to my last little tidbit. Over there, people really like taking English names because some names are so hard to pronounce, and it helps people who don't speak Mandarin feel more comfortable. So I said that if a girl can call herself Victoria, I needed my own Chinese nickname....So they said I was fat, or rather "Big". And since my first name is Sean, it sounds an awful lot like the word for mountain. So my nickname became "Big Mountain" or 大山. Pronounced Dow Shun.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's too bad that more people don't try to enjoy travel to Asia. My wife and I travel a lot. We are always looking for someplace different to visit. We had stayed away from Asia (bad memories from the late 60's on my part) until 4 years ago. We had fallen into a rut of almost always gong to Europe. Our son convinced us to try South Korea. Needless to say, just in the past year we have visited China, Korea, Japan, and Thailand (when you add in Italy and Turkey you can understand how much we like to travel). It is amazing. We feel safer walking around Beijing or Seoul at 2AM than we do in NYC. And it seems that there is always someone nearby who wants to practice their English when you need a translator. It is great that you take time to enjoy your trips. Hope you get to have many more. And anything we can do while waiting for the Sky helps. I am hoping for delivery in September.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Time to go home...

My sky is traveling to Florida, so naturally I am going back to meet her:cheers:

Yedra

·
Registered
574 Posts
Nice!

China is a very interesting place to wait for your Sky.....:cheers:

Diana and I would like to go someday!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts