Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am next in line for an automatic at my dealer, but have no idea when they will be able to put my order in. My friend called and has a auto Solstice available immediately....my current leased vehicle is up at the end of May....what to do?????? :willy:

I prefer the Sky, but don't know if I want to wait for the unknown.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
belletire said:
I am next in line for an automatic at my dealer, but have no idea when they will be able to put my order in. My friend called and has a auto Solstice available immediately....my current leased vehicle is up at the end of May....what to do?????? :willy:

I prefer the Sky, but don't know if I want to wait for the unknown.
Have you looked at the Solstice in person yet? A lot of people change their opinion of it's styling once they see it in the flesh. I would suggest at least heading over and looking at it. Worst that happens is that you don't like it and would still prefer the Sky.

Also, do you have any options for a vehicle if you cannot get a Sky before your lease is up? Do you have a second car (I assume not)? Could you car pool for a while, borrow a car, extend the lease on your current car, or even buy your current car out at lease end and trade it in on the Sky?

PS, cool avatar! "Better Off Dead" is a funny movie! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fformula88 said:
Have you looked at the Solstice in person yet? A lot of people change their opinion of it's styling once they see it in the flesh. I would suggest at least heading over and looking at it. Worst that happens is that you don't like it and would still prefer the Sky.

Also, do you have any options for a vehicle if you cannot get a Sky before your lease is up? Do you have a second car (I assume not)? Could you car pool for a while, borrow a car, extend the lease on your current car, or even buy your current car out at lease end and trade it in on the Sky?

PS, cool avatar! "Better Off Dead" is a funny movie! :D
Actually have only been "in" the Solstice. But spent a good hour looking over both of them at the Detroit Auto Show...sad I know.

I put a call in about the lease, should know something tomorrow. I just dont want to be stuck extending the lease through July or August pretty much wasting the whole summer.

I also have to give an answer tomorrow about the car as they have several others on a list who want it.

I've never gone through so much to get a new car, usually just go pick one out that I like and get it same day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
belletire said:
Actually have only been "in" the Solstice. But spent a good hour looking over both of them at the Detroit Auto Show...sad I know.

I put a call in about the lease, should know something tomorrow. I just dont want to be stuck extending the lease through July or August pretty much wasting the whole summer.

I also have to give an answer tomorrow about the car as they have several others on a list who want it.

I've never gone through so much to get a new car, usually just go pick one out that I like and get it same day.
Good luck on whichever car you decide upon!

I know what you mean about buying a car same day too. I am a bit of an impulse car buyer myself. I generally do a lot of research and thinking leading up to a purchase, but once I think I know what I want, I generally head out, find one on a lot, drive it, and buy it. Last October I had an opportunity to drive one of the first Solstice's in the area. It was lots of fun, but the dealer had sold it to another dealer right before I arrived. He still let me drive it. Had it still been for sale, I would have bought it on the spot. It's the only thing that has seperated me from being a GXP hopeful, and an owner right now. :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
Lease extension

belletire said:
I am next in line for an automatic at my dealer, but have no idea when they will be able to put my order in. My friend called and has a auto Solstice available immediately....my current leased vehicle is up at the end of May....what to do?????? :willy:

I prefer the Sky, but don't know if I want to wait for the unknown.
You might be able to get a 3 or 6 month extension on your lease.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
belletire said:
I also have to give an answer tomorrow about the car as they have several others on a list who want it.

I've never gone through so much to get a new car, usually just go pick one out that I like and get it same day.

Since you haven't posted in a few days...I'm rather curious as to what you decided. Did you go for the Sol...or have you decided to wait it out for the Sky?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nscrbug said:
Since you haven't posted in a few days...I'm rather curious as to what you decided. Did you go for the Sol...or have you decided to wait it out for the Sky?
Decided to wait. I know it would bother me every time a Sky drove by. BTW the Sol was sold and off the lot the same day I told them. I think that person will enjoy it more....:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
belletire said:
I am next in line for an automatic at my dealer, but have no idea when they will be able to put my order in. My friend called and has a auto Solstice available immediately....my current leased vehicle is up at the end of May....what to do?????? :willy:

If you settle you're gonna regret it, IMO
T

]
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top