Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sky RL was missing the driver side metal sill plate when I purchased it last week. I jumped on ebay and found these for what I thought was decent price for NOS. But, when the box arrived I realized I didn't read the description very well as the metal sill plate on these is a gunmetal gray as opposed to the polished that came factory. I actually really like the look IMO, but now it's left me wondering what trim package came with this color option?

·
Super Moderator
5,533 Posts
My Sky RL was missing the driver side metal sill plate when I purchased it last week. I jumped on ebay and found these for what I thought was decent price for NOS. But, when the box arrived I realized I didn't read the description very well as the metal sill plate on these is a gunmetal gray as opposed to the polished that came factory. I actually really like the look IMO, but now it's left me wondering what trim package came with this color option?
The Premium Trim Package included the metallic finish sill plates.
That package was optional on the NA but standard on the RL.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Hmmmm. I’d only known the metallic version (guess my NA came with this option).

What does the non-metallic one look like?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Premium Trim Package included the metallic finish sill plates.
That package was optional on the NA but standard on the RL.
OK. I had just assumed the NA was just plastic and the Premium Trim and RL's had the polished metal insert. What got me questioning the whole thing is when I removed the protective film on one of these that I had ordered, the insert has a small scratch towards the edge exposing the shiny aluminium underneath. So these appear to be the polished metallic insert with just a paint of some sorts. I was thinking maybe one of the SE's came with this color option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts