Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if these are options yet, since my dealer hasn't given me any info so far, but here's what I want to do to my Sky when I get it:
1. I want to make the trunk raise and lower with the push of a button. I don't think installing motors is something I can do myself yet, but I will want it done.
2. In the pictures I've seen, the interior is black and red, the one I saw in person wasn't. If it is only one color, I'd make it 2 tone.
3. Push button ignition.
4. Remote start.

That's all I can think of right now. What about you? Anything you want on yours?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Mine has always been the HID headlights. I drive early morning late night, these are life savers when driving in deer infested areas.

And I don't want some dumb buck denting my car. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
1. I need heated seats

2. sure do wish the top could be power

3. I do like the all one color not big on the two tone needs to be black leather all one color and not just any leather needs to be the cool baseball leather.

thats about it everything else I want is already on the car

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I've always liked HUD.

Love the AUX plug, but would love to control my iPOD from the steering wheel and be able to see the song info in the radio display.

A Navigation system is nice. Not talking like the one with OnStar, or just the directions by phone from OnStar - I'm talking the type that tells which turns to take next and such. Map display is nice, too. I'm a "map" type of guy.

Pammysolstice, I'd love to see heated seats too.

I'd also like more adjustable steering wheel tilt. (not quite high enough for me on the Solstice).

Optional 4 point roll bar (yeah, I know, I'm dreaming). Also, seats that I don't have to alter to install a 5 or 6 point harness. With holes or notches at the shoulder area, like the C5 Z06 seats.

I haven't seen a removeable hardtop offered yet, so I'll take one of those. Carbon-Fibre/Balsa wood, replaces the cloth convertible top and stows in 3 minutes without tools neatly into the same place the current cloth top stows.

Or, like Pammy, a powered top - I just don't like the idea of the weight behind the actuators.

Active Handling - haven't seen that offered, either. I know I'd want that option if they offered it.

Either a "hidden" or "powered" antenna. My priority would be "hidden" - much less maintenance and potential for expensive damage (just forget ONCE to turn the radio off when you go into a car wash - did you know the replacement cost for a typical powered antenna is about $350?).

I'd LOVE an unlock button inside the car. Never realized how annoying it can be to be in a car that auto-locks, but you have to manually unlock it. I hope they change this feature for the Sky, but I'm also not holding my breath.

Side Airbags? Maybe... I can take 'em or leave 'em, but some may want them.

That's all I can think of right this moment. Dual-color paint might be cool. Brake upgrade (rotor and caliper size) - I'd buy it.

Lightweight "performance" wheels - same size but weigh <19 lbs each. I'd pony up for those, too.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
skyOwner2be said:
1. I want to make the trunk raise and lower with the push of a button. I don't think installing motors is something I can do myself yet, but I will want it done.
I really want this too and hope someone comes out with a kit that doesn't take up too much trunk space and can be remote activated. Kappasphere?

skyOwner2be said:
4. Remote start.
I'm getting a stick shift, but I did vow 3 cars back to never own a car without remote start again. The awesome part is that I work for a manufacturer of aftermarket security products and it looks like they'll be testing a rather interesting system in my Sky...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
On Push Button Ignition:

No offense, skyowner2b, but one of the annoying things I hate about the S2000 is the push button ignition - I'd RUN away from that as an option.

Just a personal preference, mind you.

Not in my mind a "form and function integrated" thing.

I've had, let's say, experiences :lol: with the C6 Corvette with the push-button ignition. Like someone saying "take it for a ride and let me know what you think", but they still have the RF key in THEIR pocket. If you ever do that, DO NOT SHUT THE CAR OFF!!! Especially if you are, like, about 20 miles away from the person with the "key" in their pocket. Not only will the car not start, but if you get out, the car senses the key is not nearby and will also LOCK (depending on how it is set up) when you close the door. :brentil: That takes a chunk of time out of your day, let me tell ya. :D

The S2000 doesn't have the same problem, because you have to put the key in the normal place in the ignition. Then you turn it, turn it more, wonder why it won't start, then realize that once you insert the key and turn it, you THEN have to push the button to start it.... why complicate it? Cars have started for many decades in a very traditional manner, I'm getting old, I'm used to it.

OK, my rant is off. Just thought I'd take a second and share my opinion. I like Chocolate, you like "Cherry Garcia" or "Butter Pecan". I just know if they offered an "option" of push button start or not, I'd not do it and smile and take my money. If they made it not an option, after experiencing it, I dislike it so much that it MAY factor into my purchasing decision.

·
Registered
623 Posts
#1. HUD

#2. Heated Seats

#3. Remote Start (for the Automatics, people like it)

#4. Lock/Unlock Button (was unaware of it not exisiting)

#5. Optional Hardtop

#6. NAV

#7. Side/Door Airbags

#8. Rollbar of some sort.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oops

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the hardtop, good point you guys! Also, Kappaman makes a good point about the antenna, I don't see any pics of it. If it can't be invisible, how about one like the jetta or the S2000 has but in the middle of the trunk right behind the seats. Would kinda look like a remote control car, but I think that's where I'd put it. I moved the one on my current car, so if it isn't there I'd probably move it there anyway. I just don't like big metal antennas sticking out of a fender, short rubber is way better looking.
After your post on the push button start, maybe it's not such a good idea. I haven't had any experience with one, just though it sounded fun. But definately remote start. The heated seats I don't care about because I'm not getting leather, I have it now and I hate it. The nav system I don't care about either, I know where I'm going. But the steering wheel stereo control would be nice.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
This is really more of a list for my Solstice.
  1. HUD
  2. Roll Bar
  3. Factory 5-point acceptable seats like kappaman mentioned
  4. HID headlight option
  5. Sport brake/rotor package
  6. Black and Red two-tone interior
  7. YELLOW!!! or Orange (not that ugly burnt orange, but a bright vivid orange) paint color
  8. More engine options (2.2L and 2.0L SC ECOTECS) for higher fuel economy, and more powerful versions from the start (especially with the Stage I and II kits coming out)
  9. Shorty antena like LatinVenom put on his Solstice
  10. AFBTS free roof

·
Registered
43 Posts
Lock/Unlock button

After driving one for a while (development vehicle), I found myself going to the key fob for the unlock rather than reaching for the manual button. This becomes second nature...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Six speed transmittion

Power roof

Power seats

Meaningful tilt stearing

More engine options V6 or turbo

·
Registered
89 Posts
HID lights, a removable hardtop, and an antenna that retracts would be nice.

·
Registered
245 Posts
-20mm machine guns mounted behind each front fender, with armor piercing bullets
-Titanium Alloy plated armored body panels
-Bullet proof windshield, and bullet proof tinted glass hardtop
-Free cell phone with purchase, doubling as a remote control touch pad and video screen for the car
-completely mechanized missile launch station stored in trunk, accessible by the push of a button inside the cabin
-temperature controlled cooler located under the center console, fit to hold standard size bottle of champagne and 2 glasses.
-security ring (driver must be wearing stylish ring while driving, otherwise the car won't start, and an alarm will go off)
-rear mounted oil slick ports and tire popper jacks box, both contolled by dash mounted buttons
-HID headlights

other than that, the car is great! :D

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
101, it sounds like you would prefer a tank, which I haven't found in street legal form....lol

I'm with ( I think it was Lost Sol) and that's for the delivery.

I'm not picky.....

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would buy Navigation. I use it all the time. I would like lightweight wheels in place of stock. And a V6 would do nicely.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
101, it sounds like you would prefer a tank, which I haven't found in street legal form....lol

I'm with ( I think it was Lost Sol) and that's for the delivery.

I'm not picky.....
You can buy an ex-British MI Ferret (close to a tank with wheels) for on road use but probably only legal in 49 states.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
It has everything I want already... only think I wish there was a brighter blue paint option...something like the lazer blue metallic corvette color

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am not sure if anyone else mentioned this particular option.

ME SITTING IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT

:cool:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts