Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thought what if someone orders a Redline that already owns a Sky.
What do you think the value would be in trade-in. Do you think a used market price has been set. Just something to think about

·
Registered
138 Posts
not that much on trade in since most dealers work off of wholesale__you would be way better off selling it on the open market for a closer to retail return.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
hayabusa said:
not that much on trade in since most dealers work off of wholesale__you would be way better off selling it on the open market for a closer to retail return.
My dealer (which is the manager ) said I should get close to what I paid for my Solstice when I trade for the GXP. But I also save on the sales tax on the GXP because in Ct. you don't pay sales tax on the trade value. Check with your state sale's tax laws.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
If you deal with an honest and fair Retailer and they don't have any SKYs on their lot waiting to be bought, there is a good chance you get pretty much what you paid for it. We almost bought one that was purchased at another dealership because the intended recipient of the SKY "didn't like it" but the owner wanted way more than what he paid for it so we passed. We where willing to give him $500 OVER what he paid including any add-ons and even sales tax. We wanted to have one as a demo for a while without using our limited allocation for it.

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
136 Posts
SKY Spy said:
If you deal with an honest and fair Retailer and they don't have any SKYs on their lot waiting to be bought, there is a good chance you get pretty much what you paid for it. We almost bought one that was purchased at another dealership because the intended recipient of the SKY "didn't like it" but the owner wanted way more than what he paid for it so we passed. We where willing to give him $500 OVER what he paid including any add-ons and even sales tax. We wanted to have one as a demo for a while without using our limited allocation for it.

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
keep in mind, anyone that is planning on trading, realistically I doubt moost of the people on the waiting list will be gettin their Sky Redlines until the end of the year. As much as I know the Skys are sold out for the entire year, you're still not goin to get a good tradein. Why? Because there will be NO way to do a markup on the skys at the end of the year, simply because there will be finally enough around. Check out the real invoice on a Sky. They're making, if I remember right, something like 2500 on each Sky that is sold. So the absolute MOST they could offer you as a tradein, is the same price as the invoice. But you know as well as I do, that that won't be enough, ESPECIALLY when you consider that the end of the year I wouldn't be surprised if dealers start taking the GMS discounts. I'd expect at least a 5 grand depreciation hit providing you don't put a lot of miles on the car, and depending on options..

In other words, assuming you paid 25k for your Sky (NOT OTD!!!), when you go to trade it in at the end of the year, i'd expect them to give you 20k for you tradein.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The manager of my saturn dealership said that he would -try- to give me full price for my Sky traid'in. No guarantee's, at any rate a Sky REDLINE will be in my future.( #1 on dealer list )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts