Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being #3 at my dealership, I found out today that image #2 is not due in until the end of February. Which puts me at like the end of March or later. The #1 person's car was ordered, but he doesn't want it because it is coming with a spoiler. They are going to offer it to #2 and then me if he doesn't want it. The car is FULLY loaded with all options and silver with red interior. I want red with black and not all options. Would you take it if offered, or stick to original plan and wait?!

HELP!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
My thoughts on this are easy..
Are you going to be happy with it (it's not what you wanted/ had your hopes up for etc). Are you going to see a red one with a black interior and say to your self.. that creep is driving my car..

Plus, it appears that you will be paying more for it.. so something to consider.

I wouldn't want to get a car "because it was there" and then see some fool driving the car I always wanted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As long as you're reasonably sure that you'll get the one you want eventually, I say wait! You've waited this long---get exactly what you want!:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'd definitely wait! It won't be that much longer anyway, and I would get the exact color and options I want and not settle! :D

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I never bought a car before, because it was the car I wanted. There were always other considerations, such as cost involved.

This is the car I really want and I want it the way I want it. I want the BlueStone, so I am willing to wait an extra six months to get one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would prefer to wait and purchase what I wanted. I would guess you might be saying at a later date, "It's a Sky but I really wanted (my choice)". It the scheme of things, to wait a little longer and order what YOU want is not unreasonable. If you take this car, you are only getting it becuase you want to be the first person on the block. Only my opinion.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hayley's SKY said:
Being #3 at my dealership, I found out today that image #2 is not due in until the end of February. Which puts me at like the end of March or later. The #1 person's car was ordered, but he doesn't want it because it is coming with a spoiler. They are going to offer it to #2 and then me if he doesn't want it. The car is FULLY loaded with all options and silver with red interior. I want red with black and not all options. Would you take it if offered, or stick to original plan and wait?!

HELP!!
If it were me there are not enough options to make a real difference. The biggest is it being an automatic.(assuming it is) I dont feel you could go wrong with the 6 disc or XM. The spoiler is priced very fairly in my opinion. So then it comes down to eye appeal= colors. We are having to wait due to wanting an automatic and to us the wait is worth it. Just dont get something you really dont want because it will make you sick when you do see what you really wanted. Patience is a virtue......:) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I agree. Paying the price for a new car, you should get exactly want you want. I am getting want I want, except for the auto, which after thinking about it, SKY is not going to be an everyday vehicle, I have 04 L300.3 for that. So I took the 5 spd. I can handle the stick shift. Wouldn't not want to drive one daily though. Also a true sports car should be stick shift, it gives you a better feel of it. (Opinion only) Hey fellow Texan, I live in Arlington.

ERNEST
07 SKY/Silverpearl/Red lthr/blktop/loaded/ ordered and in the system.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Wait and get exactly what you want. Being number 3 at your dealer is a pretty good spot, and although it could ad a month or two to your wait, what is a couple months of waiting compared to years of ownership.

Wait for the car you ordered and when it comes in you will be happy that you have a car that is truly yours! :cheers:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK-You sold Me

Well, thank you very much to all for sounding out was ringing in my head!!:cheers: I appreciate ev1 helping me on this. I haven't owned a 2 seater since my Fiero back in 1992! You all are 100% right! I will wait for THE ONE!! Red is the way to go for me. The only other color that really blows my dress up is yellow, but have heart set on red! Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction!:grouphug:

:cheers: Here's to my online friends!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hayley's SKY said:
Well, thank you very much to all for sounding out was ringing in my head!!:cheers: I appreciate ev1 helping me on this. I haven't owned a 2 seater since my Fiero back in 1992! You all are 100% right! I will wait for THE ONE!! Red is the way to go for me. The only other color that really blows my dress up is yellow, but have heart set on red! Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction!:grouphug:

:cheers: Here's to my online friends!
Way to go SKY sister- wait for exactly what you want! :thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts