Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i placed an order at my dealership almost 3 weeks ago and they still havent called me to tell me if the order was accepted. they told me that they would update me every couple of weeks but nothing yet. I was gonna go test drive the car this past weekend but they sold their showroom model. :( And when my bf asked about my sky, the guy gave him some weird answer. I'm going to call the guy again at the end of this week to see whats going on, but i'm not sure what to ask him. I need suggestions so that he does not give me some bs answers. thanks

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Well...first off, forget about dealing with your salesrep...they generally will know next to nothing about the progress of your Sky order. Speak directly with the General Manager. When you go back, ask the GM what your event code is and if you have an order # yet. This will help determine where you are in the ordering process. If your order was accepted, an order # will be generated...it is 3 letters & 3 numbers like my order # is GGL235. Once you do that, all you can do is.........wait like the rest of us. :willy:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I orderd mine on 3/31 and the only info I have is an order number, I ask for upadtes and she just keeps telling me nothing yet.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Ordered mine in early January! Pre-ordered last summer. Welcome to the wait!:banghead:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I ordered my car 3/22 and still no order # yet. My dealer is the same way. They keep saying "nothing yet" and really have no clue.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Seems to be similiar stories for a lot of us who imaged mid-late March. Sitting at 3000. I'm hoping the system isn't updating properly, but probablly wishfull thinking. One of the other post somebody in our shoes had the same thing going on and then this weekend recieved word that his car had shipped might we all be so lucky. I can't wait for this car and hopefully GM will learn from the Sol. and Sky runs and start handeling limited production a little better for those so anxious to recieve their merchandise.

·
Registered
132 Posts
jacwag said:
I placed my order in Sept. 2005, paid my deposit and I don't even get BS.:mad:
Did you get your image yet? If there where a lot of people before you at the dealership you went to, it is possible it's just not your turn yet. If you gotten your image then you should be able to get some info. What does the GM say when you talk to them?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i was going to call on friday but i just couldnt wait anymore and decided that today is a good day to call them too. I had my boyfriend call for me cause i figured the GM wouldnt get too technical with me anyway, since i'm a girl and most guys think girls dont know anything about cars (sorry guys, but its true). But all that the GM told him that the order was placed and received and that they should start working on it sometime soon. But he didnt give us any codes to prove it.

I have a feeling that the GM doesnt know whats going on either, maybe because of the system change. I see that other ppl here are having similar problems, hopefully when i go talk to him, he will also be understanding and not take offense to the fact that he knows less then most ppl on here.

I just really cant wait any longer because i drive a real piece of work right now and my dealer guaranteed that it would be here in 8-10 weeks. so i have about 6 weeks left and then see what happens.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The dealers not knowing alot is pretty typical....It is not like there is a lot of info flowing out of the plant. I must say my dealer was very helpful and always were there to answer my questions. I picked mine up this week after being the first image at my dealer in early Jan. So those who just ordered need to sit tight, it will happen..........pphjj

·
Registered
39 Posts
web site

Its too bad Saturn couldn't set up a web site where you could register and enter you're order number and be able to see the progress of you're car.

It would benefit everyone especially the dealers from having to deal with all the calls and not knowing any answers.

What do you think???????????????

·
Registered
104 Posts
We had that when we got my wife's mini, we could track the progress as it was built in England, shipped and put on a boat, arrived in the US and transported to the dealer.

It made the wait SO much more bearable. I think this is the first time GM has had crazy demand for their cars so it wasn't necessary before, the cars were just on the lot waiting to be bought.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Mine Too

What has happened to mine too. :banghead: :mad: :mad: :brentil: I keep getting expected delivery dates but no arrival. It is making me MAD.:mad:
As my signature says "and the wait goes on"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea, a website would definitely help, but not if i dont even have my order #. :mad:

But i dont think that that the sky is the only car thats in limited production. I know that whenever they come out with a new corvette, they put u on a list if u want one (hmm sounds familiar). My brother has one so i know a thing or 2 about them.

Anyway , a progress report would definitely make the wait a lot bearable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts