Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We should have known getting into this that this was a FIRST YEAR RUN for the SKY RAODSTER...:rolleyes:

We should have all realized that this car had a good chance of having production problems from building it to finding things wrong with its suspension to other little tid bites! :eek:

Did anyone remember the first year run of the 93 Dodge Viper? That car had issues! You didn't want to close the hood with the doors open on that puppy!

I know summer is around the corner and many of us have been waiting
forever but we all have to remember...Do any of you really think Saturn and GM wants us to be waiting for our Skys? NO!:nono:

They want us to be as happy as pigs in S%!T!:)

GIVE SATURN AND GM A BREAK!:brentil:

You want to get your car early and have issues with it? Would you like to have it in the shop like many CURRENT SKY OWNERS?

NO YOU WOULDN'T!
I CAN'T beleive how many of you are acting like cry babies as if you're 2 years old and mommy hasn't given you that new sucker to stick in your mouth to shut your pie hole!:mad:

I'm waiting like everyone else....and when I do get my Sky in the driveway a month or two months from now I will have piece of mind knowing that I dont have to worry about tires rubbing or paint chipping or any of the other little things that would drive me up a frigging wall if I saw them happening on my Sky.:eek:

Let all those first Sky owners deal with that down the road!

I DON'T WANT TO...and you know....I don't think you want to either!

So lets hold it together people!:thumbs:

"Its not a matter of IF we will get our SKYS....it's only a matter of WHEN!"

Cheers:cheers:
RedSky

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well I for one know I throw out the :rant: but i think I speak for most of us when the whole issue isn't so much WHEN you will be getting the SKY but WHERE is my SKY. If they told me a month from now I'd be getting it because it had rubbing of the wheels I would be okay with that but instead of that they are like durrr I dunno which way did it go George! I cannot accept an answer like "We don't know where your car is sir but we ordered you a backup car just in case!" What does that make GM look like telling their customers they cannot locate a vehicle for them? I hope the newer system works a lot better than the old as far as updates are concerned!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just spoke with my salesperson and they tried to check the status of my order. They said they don't a build date for mine yet and they have other orders that have been built are are still sitting at the factory 3 weeks later. They don't know what the hold up is.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I think it is much more the mystery and non-communication that is getting under some people's skins. I am more the patient type and will wait. It would be nice if there was a 1-800 you could call and punch in your order number and get back the code that would tell you something. Better yet communication to the poor dealers who are often more in the dark that we are.
I agree that "I don't know." is a better answer than a lie -- but wouldn't "There has been a hold up due to further QC questions. The wheel rub is going to be eliminated and we are just getting the new wells in."
Gosh... Thanks (I wish) I'd settle for "Line stopped due to minor QC fixes."
This is manufacturing, not magic -- every car once it has a VIN has a history. It would be nice to read that. You don't put order numbers in a box and spin it 3 times uttering the magic number and Bingo -- Sky's populate the dealer's floor... (Gee now that I've said it -- THAT would be nice!!)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Nothing

As for my experience... There is nothing wrong with my Sky... or my dealer. I am very pleased and having more fun driving my Sky that I have ever had driving any car before. And believe me, I have had a whole bunch of cars before.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
REDSKY said:
GIVE SATURN AND GM A BREAK!:brentil:

I CAN'T beleive how many of you are acting like cry babies as if you're 2 years old and mommy hasn't given you that new sucker to stick in your mouth to shut your pie hole!:mad:

RedSky
WoW :eek: Do I feel bad now! I'm sorry Saturn for my pissy attitude! Getting mad just because you treat me like a mushroom! Never communicating with me or giving me a little piece of mind with a little more information on the process.:banghead: I should be more understanding:brentil:

I shouldn't get upset when I've had money down on this car for almost a year and I've had my order in since early Jaunary and knowone can tell me why other people seem to be able to just walk in and order a car and get it delivered before me or what is taking so long to even give me a TPW for my car.

I shouldn't get upset seeing as Saturn doesn't seem to keep my dealer in the loop either. :willy: I should understand that this is the first time in Saturns history that it has had a car that was remotely this popular and I should forgive their marketing department who promotes this hot roadster like some supersecret new Minivan. Listen...Can you hear the birds...? :lol:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
REDSKY said:
...to finding things wrong with its suspension ...
I don't think there has been anything wrong with the suspension except for a few leaking shocks on early Solstices.

That is actually one of the more solid areas of the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
REDSKY said:
Cheers:cheers:
RedSky
You are entitled to your opinion as everyone is on this forum but your comment is a little harsh. We're all waiting, some patiently and some not so patiently. It's very hard to wait, uninformed, on something that is as exciting as this beautiful new roadster. One very important function of this forum is to provide a place to vent our frustrations, however, it should be done with a little respect. IMO

·
Registered
727 Posts
Even with some of the issues the Solstice, and Sky have had, none of them seem to be more than inconveniences for most people to have repaired and wait for parts. None of them appear to be all that catastrophic. Maybe I have a skewed sense of what is minor and major problems, but we haven't seen any mass recalls, potentially dangerous situations (such as wheels falling off from faulty bearings like the first Focuses), fire hazards, or the like.

GM got this platform from drawing board to dealership quicker than any car they had previously designed. With such a short development cycle, and the low quantity of cars in which to evaluate, a few quirks were probably bound to develop.

Are rubbing wheel wells, leaking pinion seals, and the odd ECM failure annoying to their owners? Absolutely, and the first year owners are the ones who are finding them and forced to deal with them unfortunately. That said, if your car happens to have one of these issues, once it is fixed you should be set for a long, happy relationship. Also keep in mind, internet forums tend to "blow up" problems and make them seem more prevalent than they sometimes are. There are lots of cars on the road that have been trouble free too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts