Saturn Sky Forum banner

Is Saturn "Sky" the perfect name for a Saturn Kappa Roadster?

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
The name Sky is ok..., i agree..., they mightve come up with something a little more flashy, considering they are trying to change their image...., but hey the car is hot looking...,im a little biased, iown a Saturn sc2 coupe and love it..., and have no complaints on service and how they treat me..., granted after owning a 69 mustang, and 86 jeep cj7, it is a different expierence..., owning an economy car..., with only 124 horses...,
my question is..., is a name enough not to buy a car?..., i think we all know the down fall with this car, is going to be the trunk size and if the top is manual or not..., thats what i hear the most discussion about...,

·
Registered
432 Posts
Darkhamr said:
Don't alot of the gm badges sit in an sunk in area? or are they all surface mount style?
i dont know about most or not, but i did see the badge up close at the show, and the part that says "sky" is surface, not sunken. it also doesnt say "saturn" on it anywhere, its just the logo. i prefer it that way. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
So I wouldn't need a heat gun? Just work it off with the dental floss on a hot day, sounds good. You think they might put a saturn badge on the production model?

·
Registered
432 Posts
maybe, maybe not.

one thing you'll need to watch for... most dealerships will put on a dealership badge. make sure you ask them not to put on on your car. those are usually even harder to take off without leaving marks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
gostraighter said:
So I wouldn't need a heat gun? Just work it off with the dental floss on a hot day, sounds good. You think they might put a saturn badge on the production model?
Badges come off in 2 seconds with dental floss. No need to apply much pressure. Just employ a sawing motion with the dental flossunder the badge (along the paint surface) and the badges come right off (in any kind of weather). There may be a bit of gummy residue left where the badges stuck to the paint, but you can use your thumb to rub that off easily. Then, just apply a little bit of wax to the area and ta-da, it's clean as a whistle. I debadged my Z4 in less than a minute. :)
And, no - I doubt they'll put a "Saturn" badge on the Sky. But if they do, it'll only take another 2 seconds to debadge that.. :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
I see a lot of cars with stickers or decals of the actual dealership it came from (for instance "Parker's Chrysler Dodge Jeep") and then the address underneath of it... Anyone else see this? and do those come off easily, as well?

·
Registered
109 Posts
101jinx101 said:
I see a lot of cars with stickers or decals of the actual dealership it came from (for instance "Parker's Chrysler Dodge Jeep") and then the address underneath of it... Anyone else see this? and do those come off easily, as well?
Make sure you make it clear to your dealer that you do not want the dealer badge or nameplate on your car when you take delivery (put it writing in the sales agreement). If it's on when you take delivery, have them take it off.
Our Saab dealer was a little POed with us when we told them not even to put their license plate holders on our new Saab 9-2X; but why should I drive around with ugly plates advertising the dealers name location and phone #?
If it's your car, you decide what you want on or off the car..

·
Registered
78 Posts
my wife also tells the dealer not but their advertisting on her car.
i have seen it on the inside of trunck

·
Registered
432 Posts
yeah, i had mentioned this a few posts above, but ill expound upon myself. there are two types of dealer badges. one is a decal type. these, believe it or not are almost always harder to take off, because you cant really get your floss behind it, and the adhesive is a little less sticky and a little more like cement. theres also the raised dealer badges. those come off about the same as the sky badge, if not easier. but be sure to tell your dealer that you DO NOT WANT IT! they must abide by it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Equinox, except it's already in use by GM. A note on badges, I'm old enough to have witnessed the wholesale disappearance of early '70s Audi Fox's neat little foxheads that were on the trunk. These would then show up hanging on chains around people's necks. :willy:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Saturn Tensor
Saturn Vonego (?)
Saturn Vector
Saturn Vektrix
Saturn Apollo, or even Saturn V...

Saturn Attack
Saturn Strike

·
Registered
304 Posts
Saturn V. :cheers:
Back to the moon. That was my other life that never happened. Am I the only one with color Polaroids of the tv screen back in 1969 when we landed? We had just invented cassette tapes back then, who knew anything about VHS, Beta, DVD-RW, Tivo?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
achieftain said:
Saturn V. :cheers:
Back to the moon. That was my other life that never happened. Am I the only one with color Polaroids of the tv screen back in 1969 when we landed? We had just invented cassette tapes back then, who knew anything about VHS, Beta, DVD-RW, Tivo?
My mom made me sit in front of the TV - so I remember watching it. I vaguely remember my aunt, I think, trying to take a picture of the event.

My mom also made me watch when the last Vietnam vets came home, and made me watch a bunch of the Watergate stuff, so I can say I actually saw with Richard Nixon resigned...

I must say, I cracked up, achieftain, when you mentioned trying to take a picture of the TV... I've met a few others that did the same thing :cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nocturn said:
SKY
Saturn Kappa Youthinizer.....

Try and find a word that works and starts with Y.
Yenko, for the performance version

Yves-Montand, for that classy touch of french flair.

Yttrium, from the rare-earth section of your handy periodic table, for the special edition.

Yak, for the shag-carpet option with the strange odor.

-Stephen M

21 - 40 of 75 Posts