Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okie.. for those who's been in waiting.. and gotten their Sky... question!

I ordered my Sky late last month... and got my Image a week ago.. called my salesman today... and he gave me a Order number.. and a model number...

with these 2 pieces of information.. what can i do with it? I've noticed a lot of u guys seem to know exactly where your car is at any given moment...
help please.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
AnhCung said:

I ordered my Sky late last month... and got my Image a week ago.. called my salesman today... and he gave me a Order number.. and a model number...

with these 2 pieces of information.. what can i do with it? I've noticed a lot of u guys seem to know exactly where your car is at any given moment...
help please.
Just depends on how much your Dealer wants to work with you on finding out where your car is... I didn;t know anything about mine untill it was on the truck... But that is ok, you can get a little stressed out if you try to follow too closely, Just know unless they run out of some option you are wanting, it should be on it's way to you in 4 to 6 weeks....

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Don't really know

It is still a toss up as far as when it actually gets built, then shipped and diverted at railyards to know for sure when it will arrive,

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
LOL exactly where it is?:lol: No but we have a good idea. What you want (and you have the info needed) is for you to get regular updates (from your dealer -- perhaps ask once a week or so) on your Status Codes. If you image is in then it should be 3000 maybe 3100. As it goes through the process the status will change (Look at my signature). Some people think this is good to do others wonder (agonize) but at least you'll have some idea. :cool:
If you just imaged then it might be a while sitting at 3000. After a while you may get a TPW (a production date) and it is the WEEK that your car is to be built. Lately they have been pretty close - even a bit early. But that can change. :willy: :brentil: :banghead: :mad:
Good luck and good waiting!
:cheers:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmm... so it doesn't do me any good then...
I call my salesman maybe once every 2 weeks... and he's not that helpful...
seems like i'm botherin him or somethig... i would have picked another guy if i knew this...
i thought i could just go to a website or call an 800 number or something to get status and get it over with my salesman until the car comes in.... guess not.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
AnhCung said:
hmmmm... so it doesn't do me any good then...
I call my salesman maybe once every 2 weeks... and he's not that helpful...
seems like i'm botherin him or somethig... i would have picked another guy if i knew this...
i thought i could just go to a website or call an 800 number or something to get status and get it over with my salesman until the car comes in.... guess not.
forget the salesman... goto the the GM.

the salesmen generally aren't as helpful.
go into the dealership and make friends with the GM... well worth the effort.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
usmc said:
forget the salesman... goto the the GM.

the salesmen generally aren't as helpful.
go into the dealership and make friends with the GM... well worth the effort.
:agree:
Seems the General Manager takes over the SKYs just about everywhere. I think it's because of the limited supply (my GM is handling 10 all year) and teh fact that the Sales rep really isn't needed.:D We know what we want -- fill out our own order sheet (I did anyway) and tell them what the pricing is (Really, I had to, they had no clue at the time)
My GM is great -- he sent me two (count em --2) emails on his own in one day updating my order!

·
Registered
804 Posts
AnhCung said:

help please.
You need to carefully write them down, fold the paper in half, and then in half again. Gently slip it into an envelope (that matches the color of your car) and tuck it under your pillow...it make dreaming of the drive so much more fun!:jester:

The dealer really can't tell what is going on with the car. If you have your order number, it is in the process of being assembled. You should be receiving a VIN next, and then a released to carrier. After that, it can be anywhere between 1 week and 6 weeks until you receive the car (depends on where you are located and when the car gets the train ride).

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
AnhCung said:

help please.

Well...I know you've been getting all kinds of "guesstimates" on when you might see your Sky, but I think realistically you're probably looking at 2-3 months. It will be just about 2 months for me since the day I imaged and my tentative production week (look at my sig for details). Then...most likely another coupla weeks before my Sky shows up at my dealer. Don't mean to be a downer...but the estimates of 4, 6, or 8 weeks just seem unrealistic to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts