Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm confused... About a month ago, I signed up to be on the Sky waiting list at my local Saturn... But, unlike some, I was never asked for any deposit, etc. So what's the difference? Do people who give a deposit (and the amounts of the deposits seem different person to person) get preferential treatment? Are they more likely to get a Sky right away? If so, I'm going to go right down to that Saturn dealership and just throw some money at them then... I never had to put down a deposit, they just filled out this form for me and that was it.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The line you're in is the same waiting line as anyone else. Some dealerships are asking for deposits now, others aren't. It was the same with the Solstice. What will get you a Sky sooner is [A] being first in line at your dealership and that dealership being a a large dealership. Larger dealerships get more cars sooner then smaller dealerships.

·
Registered
109 Posts
soulbluprint said:
Ok, so I'm confused... About a month ago, I signed up to be on the Sky waiting list at my local Saturn... But, unlike some, I was never asked for any deposit, etc. So what's the difference? Do people who give a deposit (and the amounts of the deposits seem different person to person) get preferential treatment? Are they more likely to get a Sky right away? If so, I'm going to go right down to that Saturn dealership and just throw some money at them then... I never had to put down a deposit, they just filled out this form for me and that was it.
My guess is that you'll go to the top of the list before anyone who has put down a deposit..
Why, you may well ask?
Cause they don't have your money yet..... :lol:

·
Registered
438 Posts
see my "garbage dealer" thread!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I have to assume that some dealers feel confident that they can sell this car. You being on a waiting list is nice as a very likely sale. I must assume that other dealers like having your money in their pockets for 7 months.

:mad:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I Gave My $500 Deposit, Today. 1st Black One To Hit The Ground, Is Mine! :d And Being That We Just Bought The 2006 Ion, Made It That Much Easier. Our Salesman Has Been Keeping Me Up To Date On Everything That Is Happening. As A Matter Of Fact, Every Salesperson At The Dealership Has Called Me To Give Me Updates. We Bought The First 2006 Off The Lot And They Said That They Would Make Sure That I Drove The First Sky Off, Too......great Peole They Are.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
see my "garbage dealer" thread!
Instead of trashing all Saturn dealers you should do what was suggested on your Garbage thread... Some dealers don't require a deposit, but some have been because of some customers they have been in touch with don't always stick to their word either... they just go put their name on the list and then they get impatient and buy something else, and never contact the dealer to let them know they are no longer interested... It works both ways man, give them some credit... there are Bad Dealers, but there are also Bad Customers.
I don;t mind placing a deposit to show I am a SERIOUS buyer... not someone that changes their mind with whichever way the wind blows...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts