Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we can't talk about specific dealers (stores), I'd sure like to get a sense of where the markups over MSRP are reportedly being charged.

We should be able to get as specific as the City where the store is located, but please don't mention the store's name.

So, in what City/State/Province do we KNOW the stores are requiring a markup over MSRP. Please also list the dollar amount of the markup if you know it.

I'll start:

Fort Lauderdale, Florida and most of the surrounding Broward County - $5,000

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Toronto. No markup from my dealer!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Houston, no mark-up for people with the pre-orders ( $500 Deposit ) everybody else..........OUCH!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
76 Posts
SATN SKY said:
While we can't talk about specific dealers (stores), I'd sure like to get a sense of where the markups over MSRP are reportedly being charged.

We should be able to get as specific as the City where the store is located, but please don't mention the store's name.

So, in what City/State/Province do we KNOW the stores are requiring a markup over MSRP. Please also list the dollar amount of the markup if you know it.

I'll start:

Fort Lauderdale, Florida and most of the surrounding Broward County - $5,000
On the Solstice forum, GIZMO keeps a file that all can see that has the dealers that are selling mark-up. But they are not allowed to say who is selling at MSRP unless they are a supporting vendor.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Houston Texas on 2/23
As a walk in with no pre ordering.
I was told msrp + $1100.00 apperance package.

Test car to show up in around one week. Not taking orders for redlines yet.
Pontiac dealer across the frwy is trying for 5k over. Only saw the one. Dealer search on the computer said they had 4 Sols.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No mark-up in St Petersburg, Florida.

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I have been lurking since last fall when I first heard about the SKY. I'm #12 on my dealers list (the first deposit was made there in Janaury 2005). I've ordered my Vanity Plate - Sky Crzr - and should have it in six to eight weeks, but won't have my SKY until August or so. They are getting two images a month (will someone explain what an image is exactly) so things could change.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ft. Worth ...

... local dealer told me MSRP + "about $2K" ... :mad: I went elsewhere ... and "elsewhere" accepted a $5000 deposit to put MSRP in writing for me ... because I was first with the $5K he accepted my deal @MSRP:) ... but told me the next Sky deal he will accept would be MSRP + $2000 ... but I don't know that for a fact ... PM me if you want details

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
San Antonio; the salesman I am working with said their dealership was not going to mark up, though he had heard that others were.

When your claim to fame is to advertize no haggle no mark up pricing, doing so on what might be a hot seller is criminal in my book and no better than those who gouge on ice prices during hurricane.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Delnari said:
Cary, NC no markup, MSRP. And all the free popcorn you can eat!
Hi Cary NC,
You say no mark up but are they addin mandatory dealer accessories like protectant, mud flaps etc. like mine in Concord NC?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Huntsville Alabama no markup just MSRP. Skip...:cool:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was told MSRP and "probably" no dealer add-ons. To be confirmed when I place the final order.

What salesperson are you using Skip? I haven't found out where I stand on the combined list yet. I am 4th with Scott, not that that tells me where I am overall.

AUsomTiger

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think the region you are located is key. Here in Southern Cali they are ruthless, you have to go north out of town.. And also as the Sky start to show up the salesmen will be getting greedier and greedier.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Sunny Ragtop said:
Hi Cary NC,
You say no mark up but are they addin mandatory dealer accessories like protectant, mud flaps etc. like mine in Concord NC?
Order anyway you want it! Nothing is ever added unless you ask for it. Sorry to hear you are be forced to buy things you don't want.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
SolSky_Designs said:
I think the region you are located is key. Here in Southern Cali they are ruthless, you have to go north out of town.. And also as the Sky start to show up the salesmen will be getting greedier and greedier.
Two of the biggest dealers in SoCal are planning markups. I can think of at least five other dealers that are selling at MSRP. However, only two are taking orders and not forcing Add-ons. The others are odering cars as they choose and/or adding Dealer Add-Ons

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not in Indy....

The 3 Saturn stores here in Indy are owned by the same people and they are not charging any markup or mandatory accessory add on. MSRP, $500 Deposit, good to go!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts