Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: I went to saturn of orlando and they said they have run out of allocations. I was about to go over and put my 500 dp and they wouldn't take it :mad: . so I'm going to another dealership in my town of lakeland. putting my dp there cause I can. :lol: so I'm excited. :cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I had a dealer tell me that he didn't know how many allocations he was going to get so he wouldn't take my money either. He said Saturn might just tell him that he was getting a Sky with certin options and that was it.

I did find another dealer who was willing to take the money though.

Good luck. Get it done soon if you want one! :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
Sky4christ said:
:eek: I went to saturn of orlando and they said they have run out of allocations. I was about to go over and put my 500 dp and they wouldn't take it :mad: . so I'm going to another dealership in my town of lakeland. putting my dp there cause I can. :lol: so I'm excited. :cheers:
Lakeland I think is owned by a guy who is in 3 states including MI. He may already be out as well.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Allotment?

I gotta tell you all...I work at a Saturn facility and talked to one of our factory reps Friday. NO ONE knows how many SKY's are going where. It's just too soon. Allotment is based on a bunch of things, and even when he explained it, it kind of confused me. You may not get the first SKY, you may not get the second, but you WILL get one! Just hang in there with us! We are as starved for information as everyone else. We don't even have images yet. Images are where our orders begin life. The factory give us so many images, and we tailor them to what we want. The images are vehicle specific, so I can't make an ION image into a SKY. Once it is assigned a VIN, no more changes can be made to the vehicle. We know the week a vehicle will be built, when it is waiting to be put on a car carrier, and when that carrier leaves the factory. It's a guessing game from then on. Not an exact science, but we do the best we can. I can't wait until a few years from now, when we are laughing about waiting for our SKY's!
Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
31 Posts
I believe there are like 3-4 contributing members on this forum who are preordered at Saturn of Orlando... add that to the fact that Saturn of Orlando has 3 dealerships and I wouldn't be surprised that they already have enough intersted people...

I have a Solstice preorder and the first dealership I checked at (MacNamara) had 41 orders and backed up to their second allocation, and this was back in May if I recall... obviously I searched elsewhere!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Some vehicles, such as the 2002 VUE.. Almost all stores just got one. Meaning you couldnt change it at all. It just came in. The same thing happened in 1999 with the L-series. The First Relays made were supposed to go to stores but went to GM fleet instead for quality issues.

So a store may get its first SKY without being able to change it or some orders could be scrapped if there are quality issues. Saturn retailers have no control over this.

So a store could put you 1st on thier list, but yours could be the 4th one they got. So if that store only got 1 per month, then your March could be July.

So if you think you are mad that you cant place an order at the moment, things could make you more mad later. Some stores are just going to let them come in and sell them when they arrive.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Patience

Well I'm not expecting to even get mine before sept. (you may think I'm crazy but I'm putting a deposit down, and I told the sales person I want a redline....) I was told that if I put my deposit down, when the redline's able to be ordered I would be called (from the salesperson in Lakeland) So I know I'll be waiting awhile. I've already planned a road trip from VA to FL to pick up my sky, (as I'm putting the deposit here then moving to va in march/april.) So I'm kinda hoping for a sept roadtrip (depending on huricanes here at that time)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Pretty Much What I have heard

My dealer (not taking deposits - only keeping a list and communicating) told be pretty much what was said here.
If you want the first (or part of the first allotment) you most likely may not get exactly what you want.
Now -- if you want a Yellow with Saddle Tan interior and XXX Options you will have to wait until they are building the Yellow with Saddle Tan interior and XXX Options cars. In fact my dealer said there may not EVEN be a "first" car. That all cars will be made to order and they will set up the builds to maximize the lines IE: Paint scheduale, interior, options etc... So the odds of actually getting a "first" is a crapshoot.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Uh oh

Good / Bad, it's nice to hear that there are this many people in the orlando Area harrasing the dealerships for information.. in time they will break.. they all do :mad: .

The Saturn Dealership of Longwood (part of orlando) had the list going for their "first" allocation of cars, of those people they stated that it would be a lottery (pulling names out of the hat) I can't imagine what kind of frenzie thats going to cause. I only found out about the lottery after I had been on the list for several months.

The other Saturn of Orlando on Orange Blossom was taking 1000 dollar deposits for their allotment. I Did not go with they since they are all supposedly connected. -- Perhaps I should have thought harder about it...

We'll see what happens.. but I'm getting worried that I going to see "some guy" driving MY sky and enjoying time playing with MY nobs and listenning to MY radio. ( obessed much?)

:willy: I'm getting all flustered abou this process.. my wife turned to me and said she hopes we get one. I grinned cause secretly I know I won't let her drive it.. it's mine mine mine.. :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ha ha ha

sky_vue said:
Is that 2006? -- cause I guessing if you get this year.. there may be a riot.. :D
Thats funny don't I wish. (yes I'm going this year to pick up my redline) thats great. Yes in all reality out of dream world I'm picking it up next year (crosses his fingers).

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sky4christ said:
I've already planned a road trip from VA to FL to pick up my sky, (as I'm putting the deposit here then moving to va in march/april.) So I'm kinda hoping for a sept roadtrip (depending on huricanes here at that time)
Have the Florida dealer courtesy drop ship your SKY to VA. In some cases, this can be done. You would do all the paperwork at the FL Saturn, but the car would be delivered from the factory to the VA Saturn. May work, may not. Doesn't hurt to ask! :)

Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
spoil my fun....

the whole point is I get to take a road trip :D I love em. and it would be even more fun if I can pic up my carro..

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey jill

Saturn Sales said:
I gotta tell you all...I work at a Saturn facility and talked to one of our factory reps Friday. NO ONE knows how many SKY's are going where. It's just too soon. Allotment is based on a bunch of things, and even when he explained it, it kind of confused me. You may not get the first SKY, you may not get the second, but you WILL get one! Just hang in there with us! We are as starved for information as everyone else. We don't even have images yet. Images are where our orders begin life. The factory give us so many images, and we tailor them to what we want. The images are vehicle specific, so I can't make an ION image into a SKY. Once it is assigned a VIN, no more changes can be made to the vehicle. We know the week a vehicle will be built, when it is waiting to be put on a car carrier, and when that carrier leaves the factory. It's a guessing game from then on. Not an exact science, but we do the best we can. I can't wait until a few years from now, when we are laughing about waiting for our SKY's!
Cheers,
Jill
I take it your a sales rep, were are you US or CAN, state or province
Im in sales in Van B.C. CAN -- good luck !!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yes, I am in sales. Our efforts now are turned toward our sister stores. Saturn of Metarie, Saturn of New Orleans, and Saturn of Slidell are basically gone. I have co-ordinated a relief effort, but can't get a tractor-trailer to store and ship donations in. The relief agency working with me is in Asheville, NC. And today North Carolina started running out of fuel. Even if the agency gets a truck, there is no fuel in Asheville to get it to me. Talk about frustrating! :banghead: In my part of NC, we saw gas prices rise 30 cents this afternoon! Craziness abounds. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone who is waiting on relief...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts