Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I was wondering how my mileage compares with that of others. With 800 miles of driving the nifty little computer on my Sky tells me that I have an average speed of 30mph and 23.6MPG.

How does that compare with yours?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
best using the DIC 29.6, worst using the DIC 24.5, best calculated was 29.2, lowest calculated 24.0:thumbs:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Tonight, I will post mile 2000. Bianca and I have been together for 1 month now. We had a great time in Washington D.C. and have also done VA. beach. I have 2 knicks on her hood from the travels:banghead: but daddy will inquiry about the touch-up paint and the sun will shine again

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
:patriot: Little Missy and I have racked up 2063 miles in just over 3 weeks. I am getting from 24-29 mpg. With an average speed of 48 mph and loving every minute of it. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
had mine 4 weeks and 3 days with 4,090 miles on it

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
ggccg said:
I think SunneySky is asking about Mile Per Gallon, not miles driven.
see my earlier post, others were giving total miles so i thought i would tell mine...
best using the DIC 29.6, worst using the DIC 24.5, best calculated was 29.2, lowest calculated 24.0

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like my mpg of 23.6 is on the low side. Perhaps that is the cost of being such a lead foot. I am having fun though. Ok I just turned 935 miles on the odometer...

What MPG are Y'all getting?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Ive got a 25.6 average MPG at an average speed of 43 MPH. I should point out that this doesnt represent the full 1777 miles on my Sky however, I reset the MPG and average speed at around 1000 miles, so I believe both would be much lower as I did a lot of crusing and non-highway miles in the beginning (had to show her off you know).

·
Registered
802 Posts
My baby is treated like a princess

All you people are absolutely out of your minds....Don't you ever stay at home? Drive, Drive, Drive, you would think gas was free. I've had "blubaby" for 10 days and only have 350 mi on her. I treat her like a lady and I don't force her to go when she isn't ready..She has to have her rest, bathe, put on her makeup..she must have the lint picked up from the floor and any water marks removed before she will even come out of the garage. She likes to start slow and easy and she likes me to say sweet nothings to her before she allows me to push my foot down on the pedal. Seems like we can never get out of town far enough to go all the way..up to speed that is..darned surface street traffic. She does like cruising the beach cities and eyeballing the other want-to-be roadsters. She did see a Beemer today that she took a liking to so I steered her the other way. Seems the Vette people think she is one of their offspring, as they are always checking her out real close. They mostly give the ol "Stink Eye" and move along. Besides, baby isn't allowed out past dark except when both parents are with her. (Momma doesn't trust me, thinks I'm gonna put the pedal to the metal..Ha!) :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
eldeeko said:
All you people are absolutely out of your minds....Don't you ever stay at home? Drive, Drive, Drive, you would think gas was free. I've had "blubaby" for 10 days and only have 350 mi on her. I treat her like a lady and I don't force her to go when she isn't ready..She has to have her rest, bathe, put on her makeup..she must have the lint picked up from the floor and any water marks removed before she will even come out of the garage. She likes to start slow and easy and she likes me to say sweet nothings to her before she allows me to push my foot down on the pedal. Seems like we can never get out of town far enough to go all the way..up to speed that is..darned surface street traffic. She does like cruising the beach cities and eyeballing the other want-to-be roadsters. She did see a Beemer today that she took a liking to so I steered her the other way. Seems the Vette people think she is one of their offspring, as they are always checking her out real close. They mostly give the ol "Stink Eye" and move along. Besides, baby isn't allowed out past dark except when both parents are with her. (Momma doesn't trust me, thinks I'm gonna put the pedal to the metal..Ha!) :thumbs:
and you say we are out of OUR minds... I think yours needs a little check up...These cars are made to be driven ... geesh...

·
Registered
72 Posts
eldeeko said:
LOL! Sounds like the way I treat my wife....you're a good man:cheers:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Sky, a commuting vehicle?

If I was to be putting as many miles on my "blubaby" as many of you are, I would be either on a cross country trip or doing daily commute. If I was going to do daily commute I would probably get another car that would stand out...Like, Like a Yugo..Yeah, that's it. Baby don't like sitting by those nasty ol euro cars or those nasty little "rice burners" all day long in a parking lot. It gets so hot she has to have her top up sometimes. No, commuting ain't for my baby.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
eldeeko said:
If I was to be putting as many miles on my "blubaby" as many of you are, I would be either on a cross country trip or doing daily commute. If I was going to do daily commute I would probably get another car that would stand out...Like, Like a Yugo..Yeah, that's it. Baby don't like sitting by those nasty ol euro cars or those nasty little "rice burners" all day long in a parking lot. It gets so hot she has to have her top up sometimes. No, commuting ain't for my baby.
The only reason I DO plan to use my SAY for a commute is the fact that it is parked in a locked lot (with Guard) and is less that 15 feet from my desk.... At home -- GARAGE!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
eldeeko said:
I only drive it to work 2 to 3 times a week, but I have to drive 50 miles round trip and it does make it fun dropping the top for the trip home...
I guess out of the 4,100 miles I have on my Sky maybe 400 have been on commutes... the rest has been for pleasure...

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I'm at 8300 on my Sol with an average of 19~22mpg. I drive him hard, and racing never helps my fuel economy either. :lol:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I only have 93 miles on my baby, but that's because I just got her two days ago and had to work a lot. It also rained like crazy yesterday. 3 more days until the weekend and I plan on doing a lot of driving.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts