Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for someone who has never painted their calipers before -- do you have to remove the caliper from the rotor or can you paint it while it's on the rotor? What do you have to be careful for (besides getting paint on the rotor)?

Also, I got the wheel lock addon from Saturn -- anyone know how to get these off? Do I have to buy a special "unlocker" from Saturn or do car part stores carry them?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
So for someone who has never painted their calipers before -- do you have to remove the caliper from the rotor or can you paint it while it's on the rotor? What do you have to be careful for (besides getting paint on the rotor)?

Also, I got the wheel lock addon from Saturn -- anyone know how to get these off? Do I have to buy a special "unlocker" from Saturn or do car part stores carry them?

You didn't get a wheel lock key at delivery ?!?!?!?:eek: :dunno: :wtf: Do not pass go, do not collect $200, look EVERYWHERE in the car for it - glove box, under the seats, with the tire sealant and inflator - EVERYWHERE. If you don't have it you have been :kick: !!! If you can't find it call the dealership and get this resolved ASAP. Without it YOU CAN'T REMOVE THE WHEELS. When I picked up my car it already had locks on it and the delivery process STOPPED until the salesman found the key AND the registration card so I could order a spare lock key. Parts stores do NOT carry spare keys because like regular keys each is different. Trust me, you want to get this resolved.

·
Registered
18,391 Posts
True..u do want the key...but most technicians have a universal key if the locks came from Saturn....I know the techs at Mazda do for my locks...on my Mazda

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
True..u do want the key...but most technicians have a universal key if the locks came from Saturn....I know the techs at Mazda do for my locks...on my Mazda

I sold Snap-On tools for 19 years. I can assure you that dealership techs have "spare" wheel lock keys laying around because so many get left behind by car owners!! The "universal" keys that techs may have might also come from wheel lock removal sets that tool companies sell. It they use something other than a proper key one can expect damaged wheel locks. The REAL problem comes AWAY from the dealerships. THEN there can be REALLY unfortunate results. :eek: :barf:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts