Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you are getting the wheel locks for your chrome wheels? Are wheels that hard to steal? I don't know! :willy: I've never had any worth stealing before! :lol: Maybe I should protect mine from all those people who can't order them right now! :jester:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Wheels are not that hard to steal. If a thief wants them they have more than likely been able to purchase one of the various keys to get the locking lug nuts off.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm getting the locks. And the locking gas cap. Our truck has two damaged gas tanks due to ""people"" trying to syphon gas. They totally messed up the fuel line. Now we lock em all. And these wheels will be very popular where I live. :banghead: :nono:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Wheel locks AND gas cap lock.:thumbs:

Even with a small tank, at the prices we will soon be paying for gas, a lock is a worthwhile expense.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
dmbdlatc said:
Lock the wheels, what for? It's easier to steal the whole car than just the wheels.
:agree: :lol:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just noticed yesterday that the gas cap is easily accessed by anyone. No release latch on the inside of the car, like most cars have. A locking gas cap is a must have item.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dmbdlatc said:
Lock the wheels, what for? It's easier to steal the whole car than just the wheels.
That's what my boyfriend said. I think I'll pass on the locks. Mechanics have special sockets that they use to take the locks off. Who says any thief wouldn't have the same thing?

Also, the Ion I have now doesn't have a locking gas cap and I've never had a problem. Never had a problem with any of my cars.

·
Registered
18,508 Posts
NC Sky said:
That's what my boyfriend said. I think I'll pass on the locks. Mechanics have special sockets that they use to take the locks off. Who says any thief wouldn't have the same thing?

Also, the Ion I have now doesn't have a locking gas cap and I've never had a problem. Never had a problem with any of my cars.
Any sugar around?

MarlboroMike

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
dmbdlatc said:
I think I'd rather find the car gone than see it sitting on blocks. I'm getting the locks simply because if someone wants my wheels I want them to have to make some investment!

·
Registered
877 Posts
$49 Its worth it. Get the locking gas cap also $27

·
Registered
311 Posts
dmbdlatc said:

I personally am going to make it as hard as I can. Besides, kids out for a joy ride won't have the tools of a professional.

Don't be cheap for the ride you've been waiting for so long.:thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts