Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Those look like the same chrome wheels to me. At least the design appears to be the same as what is offered on the production line.

Id say get the chrome wheels, they really draw attention and shine very well.

Heres a couple shots that show off the luster of the chrome over the painted: Pic 1 Pic 2

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had my name down for the chrome, but then I saw the painted in person...call me crazy, but they do it for me. I thought they looked awesome, especially b/c the lugnuts are polished and sort of offset the alloys. its sort of like the rest of the car. Polished or chrome accents, but not too blingy. I changed my order (not to mention, I should get it sooner too). I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I think my Silver Pearl will look best with the painted (to me anyway) for the above reasons. For all other colors, I would definitely get painted b/c it matches the windshiel outline and the area behind the seats...I'm all about accents and matching...the chromes/polished don't do it for me in either case because they are too blingy and stand out to much.

·
Registered
389 Posts
foolintherain76 said:
I had my name down for the chrome, but then I saw the painted in person...call me crazy, but they do it for me. I thought they looked awesome, especially b/c the lugnuts are polished and sort of offset the alloys. its sort of like the rest of the car. Polished or chrome accents, but not too blingy. I changed my order (not to mention, I should get it sooner too). I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I think my Silver Pearl will look best with the painted (to me anyway) for the above reasons. For all other colors, I would definitely get painted b/c it matches the windshiel outline and the area behind the seats...I'm all about accents and matching...the chromes/polished don't do it for me in either case because they are too blingy and stand out to much.
I guess that is why they offer a choice. Different people have different tastes. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the choices.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Chrome for me!

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'm kinda leanin towards this un'

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Gives new meaning to smoking them tires. Skip....cough, cough.....:cheers:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Neekburm said:
Are the bling bling wheels shown here:

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/naias_2006/0602_saturn_sky/

The same wheels are these nice looking ones here?:

http://www.skyroadster.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=653&size=big&cat=3033

The chrome wheels are really a tough decision for me.
Ah, to chrome or not to chrome. It's ultimately a matter of personal taste. Try not to think about it so much, and go with your gut feeling! Your car will get positive feedback and stares regardless of the type of wheels you choose.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts