Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is my understanding that Saturn has, or is going to get new wheel wells for the rear axel. Does anyone know how to tell if your car has the newly designed wheel well? Many that have been delivered must have the old wells installed. How do we know if a car delivered, say today, next week, or next month, has the new wheel well design? Part numbers stamped, something different in the design that is noticable, more fasteners holding it on?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
dmbdlatc said:
It is my understanding that Saturn has, or is going to get new wheel wells for the rear axel. Does anyone know how to tell if your car has the newly designed wheel well? Many that have been delivered must have the old wells installed. How do we know if a car delivered, say today, next week, or next month, has the new wheel well design? Part numbers stamped, something different in the design that is noticable, more fasteners holding it on?
If you will look right behind the seating area on the old ones the plastic wheel well has an area that sticks out, on mine you could not get your figner between the wheel well and the tire at that point. I am not sure what the new ones look like but i am sure there will be more clearance in that area.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I wonder if we ask... would the dealer know (somehow I bet not..):banghead:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Saturn's reputation will make it right

Listen, they'll handle this I am certain. The company has put their heart and soul in this little car and they are loving the way we love this car. I am confident a bulletin will go out soon.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I pick mine up from the dealer's service department tonight, I'll let you know what they look like.

·
Registered
138 Posts
the ones i seen yesterday where updated__yes they still have a little bump in front of the rear wheels. but instaed of just the plastic push in tabs thay also added a screw it was a phillips head about 3 or 4 inches in from the end.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
hayabusa said:
the ones i seen yesterday where updated__yes they still have a little bump in front of the rear wheels. but instaed of just the plastic push in tabs thay also added a screw it was a phillips head about 3 or 4 inches in from the end.

Do you know for sure, if this 'fix' was something that was done at the factory? Or is it possible that the dealer did it, before putting the car on the showroom floor? Maybe it is part of the PDI now? Anyone know?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Do you know for sure, if this 'fix' was something that was done at the factory? Or is it possible that the dealer did it, before putting the car on the showroom floor? Maybe it is part of the PDI now? Anyone know?
No real reason to care about that. The part is warranted, so who cares how, when, where it was modified?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
GMguy said:
No real reason to care about that. The part is warranted, so who cares how, when, where it was modified?

I care! Because if it's being done at the factory, that means that they are applying the 'fix' to every car coming off the assembly line...and it's one less thing I have to worry about when I take delivery. My dealer had NO CLUE about the wheel rub...even though there is a TSB out on it. That only tells me one thing...that when my car arrives, they probably won't even check the wheel wells for rubbing. Which means if there is a problem, I will end up bringing the car back for something that should/could have been caught and taken care of earlier.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Dealers like when you have to bring the car back for "repairs" they get paid well by GM fot them. It also gives the loonies a chance to to some lunch time test drives with your car !!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I take mine in today and told them to fix the wheel rub and the front license plate. They put it on crooked!:eek: Will see what or if they list how they fix the wheel rub.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts