Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !

The car did not drive before I bought it, and after 1553 mi in 3 weeks it appears that the plastic material has aged badly and broken at the attachment points. Matter did not seem to appreciate the heat and vibrations inherent in driving. Now, I need to buy the right and left side of „WHEELHOUSE LINER“ for my OPEL GT 2008, it looks like in US, the name is more „Front Fender Liner Splash Shield Right“
So, on ebay I found this : Saturn GM OEM 07-10 Sky-Front Fender Liner Splash Shield Right 25831933 : Saturn GM OEM 07-10 Sky-Front Fender Liner Splash Shield Right 25831933 | eBay
but the number OEM are totaly different with this reference for Opel GT : https://oeparts24.com/catalogues/op...-1&groupsub=4&view_type=&vin_detail=&client=1

To be order ot not to be order ?? That is the question.

It's very hard to find a seller with international shipping, ebay is the easier.
Thanks for your answer.
Greetings

Attachments

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Hello,
I can not see your second link. It takes me to an error page.

It looks like your eBay link is for the 2.4 non-turbo version.

==========
2.0 Turbo version part numbers are:

Fender Liner-

Drivers Side: 25831931

Passenger Side: 25831930
==========

The difference between the 2.0 and 2.4 is that the 2.0 has a hole in the fender liner where the brake cooling tube passes through (the 2.4 does not have this). Many members have bought the 2.4 version and cut the holes themselves.

Hope this helps!

·
Administrator
7,202 Posts
When you install the new ones be sure to not overtighten the screws, and / or substitute fir-tree push pins for some of them. Much of the cracking seems to originate with the fasteners.

·
Registered
18,497 Posts
If u can....do not purchase the GM liners. They are thin and basically GARBAGE. If u purchase the GM liners, it will happen again. Purchase the aftermarket liners if shipping is possible. I do not understand why any member would entertain purchasing the GM liner. All of u should be ASHAMED.

·
Administrator
7,202 Posts
If u can....do not purchase the GM liners. They are thin and basically GARBAGE. If u purchase the GM liners, it will happen again. Purchase the aftermarket liners if shipping is possible. I do not understand why any member would entertain purchasing the GM liner. All of u should be ASHAMED.
The reviews I have seen from those who have purchased the aftermarket liners is that they are lower quality than those from GM. Do you have the aftermarket liners?

·
Registered
18,497 Posts
The reviews I have seen from those who have purchased the aftermarket liners is that they are lower quality than those from GM. Do you have the aftermarket liners?
Yes....they are made better. Not as thin....the holes will never break from vibration. Even if u put rubber washers by the GM liner hole....they will still crack...and it is not from over tightening.

·
Registered
2007 Sky Redline- Bluestone, 4SP
11 Posts
I bought the aftermarket liners off eBay New Set of 2 Front Fender Liner LH & RH Side Fits 2007-2010 Saturn Sky Red Line - in March 2021 - would not put them on my Sky - they look like crap - better quality? No - thicker? Yes? would they crack as easy?- NO - but they look like crap! So guess you gotta check around and buy a couple to get one set that you like and actually works like it should. - Otherwise you buy GM or OE and replace every 2 years.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The good things I have a lot of point of view, the reference for the 2.0 T, and to do not (I didn't :confused:, the owner before) tighnen crazy.
[QUOTE="Joh
[/QUOTE]
No, I prefer a original GM.

But until now:cry::confused:, I didn't finf a store, or 1 but not export.
If someone have a some advice , google doesn't help me. (n):mad:
Greetings

1 - 10 of 10 Posts