Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't checked saturn.com for locate a vehicle since we got our SKY. Here's an sample of what I found:
MSRP* $26,849.00
plus $575 transportation charges
I am certain the additional transportation charge was never listed when I checked the times before (have screen shots saved from earlier searches). Tonight I checked several local dealers and found the transportation charges listed. This $575 is now no longer included in in the higher MSRP.

I am glad we got ours under the earlier calculations. I don't blame Saturn nor the dealers for getting what they can for these splendid vehicles. For those of us who already have our cars and those who have earlier prices locked in, looks like we've hedged against depreciation.

·
Registered
804 Posts
SkyHope said:
I haven't checked saturn.com for locate a vehicle since we got our SKY. Here's an sample of what I found:
MSRP* $26,849.00
I am certain the additional transportation charge was never listed when I checked the times before (have screen shots saved from earlier searches). Tonight I checked several local dealers and found the transportation charges listed. This $575 is now no longer included in in the higher MSRP.

I am glad we got ours under the earlier calculations. I don't blame Saturn nor the dealers for getting what they can for these splendid vehicles. For those of us who already have our cars and those who have earlier prices locked in, looks like we've hedged against depreciation.
The Saturn site puts the base MSRP at $24,195 with the only option being the leather seats with the wrapped S. wheel, etc. Does this mean every Sky is going to have the monsoon, Slip Dif, etc standard now? I attached a screen shot of the Sky site prices.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Kustomkaps said:
The Saturn site puts the base MSRP at $24,195 with the only option being the leather seats with the wrapped S. wheel, etc. Does this mean every Sky is going to have the monsoon, Slip Dif, etc standard now? I attached a screen shot of the Sky site prices.
attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
Kustomkaps said:
attachment.

Sorry, my screen shot was too large for the system to upload so I tried to make is smaller, but it lost all detail. Anyway, it lists the Sky at the $24195 with only the premium package available at $750. No other information is listed as options at the saturn.com site.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
SkyHope said:
MSRP* $26,849.00

before they always included the transportation charge in quotes of the base price, and had a notation that it included the transportation charge... they always when you did a build your own seperated out the transportation charge... I remember that from when I priced out my Sky..
I don;t know why they do not show it now.
I did a build your own and it never showed the transportation charges anywhere..
the total price of the car is the same no matter if they included it or seperated it out, they are not trying to pull anything here...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seeing this in LOCATE VEHICLE, not in build your own

To see where I'm seeing this charge, use locate vehicle in the lower right screen area (directly above build your own option). http://www.saturn.com/saturn/SaturnIndex.jsp

·
Registered
804 Posts
SkyHope said:
To see where I'm seeing this charge, use locate vehicle in the lower right screen area (directly above build your own option). http://www.saturn.com/saturn/SaturnIndex.jsp
I didn't see any "transportation" charge listed... good questions. I am going to call our dealer to get an answer for you in a couple minutes.

·
Registered
804 Posts
OK, the base prices include the destination charges, straight from mouth of the Saturn Gods- Saturn of Toledo. The base prices were raised a few hundred dollars, and some of the option prices were lowered, but the manual base price of $24195 includes all destination/transportation charges.:)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Yes it does

Kustomkaps said:
attachment.
You have to click on each of the tabs at the top of that page you showed.
Styling
Comfort
Perfomance
Etc.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
GM even accounted for transportation charges in its pricing...

For the Solstice, GM accounted for transportation charges, and made sure that the MSRP for the base model was low enough so that the MSRP plus the transportation charges was BELOW $20,000...

$19,995 was MSRP + transportation charges. See this old article from the Solstice FAQ: Technical Summary/Specification Sheet Compiled with available information
SolsticeMan said:
Base Price: | $19,995 (Per Lutz, includes $575 destination)

·
Registered
169 Posts
My window sticker has it clear as day. Total vehicle price with options and then right under it is the $575 destination charge then a total under that.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I checked the vehicles shown for my area. Then I checked those listed for Toledo, OH. All those show MSRP $xxxxxx and an extra line showing "plus $575 transportation charge". Honest - I haven't checked the locate vehicle feature for several weeks, but I had done it often before we got Jack's SKY. Those earlier searches did not mention any additional transportation charge because that charge was included in MSRP. This is a change to the Saturn website and I don't think it would be there without a reason. Thankfully we're past that stage. Ownership rocks!

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Saturn vs GM

Could be a result of Saturn changing from the Saturn way to the GM way of processing orders and displaying information to the customer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts