Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out how long it takes from image to time a person actually gets the keys to their car. I know that there is no rhyme or reason to this after reading the forum but I'm still interested.

When did you order/image your car?

When did you receive it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
i was told each dealer are getting 2 skys a month
so it might be best to ask your dealer how many people in front of you before you get your sky
then do the marh.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
It's looking like 6-8 weeks from the time you get a TPW to delivery. Although there seems to be some kinda hold up right now. Perhaps the fender wells.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I was 22 years old when I Imaged, Now medacare...should be here soon, louder what did ya say, monsoon.....Seal9:cheers:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got imaged on 3/31. I still have yet to get a TPW (estimated production date). I belive that they are starting to catch up on Canadian orders right now and have been doing so for the last 3 weeks. so that they can meet thier May release date. I belive if you were part of the 3rd batch of orders (march image dates) then you will be recieveing your SKY's end of may to begining of june. Of couse thats just my theroy.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
ruledawg said:
I got imaged on 3/31. I still have yet to get a TPW (estimated production date). I belive that they are starting to catch up on Canadian orders right now and have been doing so for the last 3 weeks. so that they can meet thier May release date. I belive if you were part of the 3rd batch of orders (march image dates) then you will be recieveing your SKY's end of may to begining of june. Of couse thats just my theroy.
:agree: Imaged 3/27/06...stuck at 3000 as of 4/12...no TPW yet. Dealer says to expect a VIN sometime in May...delivery in June. :willy:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Mom (supposively) imaged on 3/10 and has not heard anything yet. She called last week and they said they thought another two weeks & this was the sales manager talking. She can't get anyone who knows anything about where her car is on the phone.

Who knows when the car will be here! :banghead:

I sure hope it's here before May 20th b/c I'm getting married & driving it away from the wedding!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
clgutk12 said:
My Mom (supposively) imaged on 3/10 and has not heard anything yet. She called last week and they said they thought another two weeks & this was the sales manager talking. She can't get anyone who knows anything about where her car is on the phone.

I sure hope it's here before May 20th b/c I'm getting married & driving it away from the wedding!
Do you have an order number and a status code?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
clgutk12 said:

At the very least, her dealer should be able to tell her what her order number is and what event code she is at. Tell her to speak directly with the General Manager...since they are usually the ones that handle the ordering.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
Do you have an order number and a status code?

She has absolutely NOTHING!!!!! :mad:

She called & talked to someone and he just told her it should be in in two weeks. I'm beginning to wonder if I should call & act like I'm her. :confused: Maybe I could get more answers out of them.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
clgutk12 said:
She has absolutely NOTHING!!!!! :mad:

She called & talked to someone and he just told her it should be in in two weeks. I'm beginning to wonder if I should call & act like I'm her. :confused: Maybe I could get more answers out of them.
That might not be a bad idea. I had my hubby go into the dealer one evening while I was at work...he sat down with the GM and had a nice chat...while he was in the GM's office, he called me up on his cellphone and I had him ask the GM for my order #. Be persistent, but polite. Explain to the GM that they have your money (deposit), so you feel entitled to get some information about your order. Just tell them that all you want is the order number and status code...the GM should easily be able to get that for you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nscrbug said:
That might not be a bad idea. I had my hubby go into the dealer one evening while I was at work...he sat down with the GM and had a nice chat...while he was in the GM's office, he called me up on his cellphone and I had him ask the GM for my order #. Be persistent, but polite. Explain to the GM that they have your money (deposit), so you feel entitled to get some information about your order. Just tell them that all you want is the order number and status code...the GM should easily be able to get that for you.
That is very true! I just think my Mom deserves to find out where her car is and maybe an idea of when she could expect to be picking it up. Her birthday is tomorrow and she deserves the car (we've had a tough year.. we lost my Grandmother in January, my Mom was her #1 caretaker) and I just want her to have some idea of when she could expect it.

I would call tonight but I don't think the GM would still be there at 8 o'clock at night. I'm going to call them tomorrow and try to find out some answers.

Should I lie & say that I am her? Or should I just tell him that I'm her daughter? :willy:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
clgutk12 said:
I'm going to call them tomorrow and try to find out some answers.

Should I lie & say that I am her? Or should I just tell him that I'm her daughter? :willy:
If you or your mom have never spoken with the GM before, he'll never know if it's really your mom, or you anyways...so it doesn't make much difference. :D Good luck...hope you get some answers tomorrow. Let us know what they tell you.

·
Registered
453 Posts
clgutk12 said:
That is very true! I just think my Mom deserves to find out where her car is and maybe an idea of when she could expect to be picking it up. Her birthday is tomorrow and she deserves the car (we've had a tough year.. we lost my Grandmother in January, my Mom was her #1 caretaker) and I just want her to have some idea of when she could expect it.

I would call tonight but I don't think the GM would still be there at 8 o'clock at night. I'm going to call them tomorrow and try to find out some answers.

I usually handle all calls like this for my mom. She is too sweet and too passive. Some times I'm "her" and some times I'm the persistent daughter. Either way, give them a call you have nothing to lose. Good luck,
T

·
Registered
669 Posts
Imaged on 3/08

Delivered on 4/20

The other details are below...

·
Registered
169 Posts
I gave my deposit on a Sky that the dealer pre-ordered. Had everything on it that I wanted. I picked it up exactly 3 weeks after that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, I called and talk to the Sales Manager today. He gave me the order # for my Mom's car (GFW490) but said that he did not know the production code!!! :mad: :banghead:

What can we do from here? Is there anyone else we can contact that would have this information? It's getting really frustrating! :brentil:

My Mom is about to give up & buy another car.

·
Registered
163 Posts
We imaged on 3/14 and were just told that as of today (4/24) our order has been put IN LINE for the build process. So we are still waiting to be built!!!!

It's now already been 6 weeks since we imaged and we were told probably another 4 weeks...

:banghead:

·
Registered
165 Posts
clgutk12 said:

It boggles my mind how some dealers don't want to share any of that information. I agree about being persistent. One of my daughters does all of these call for my Mom in Law. I think sometimes they give her info just to shut her up. She is GOOD and the persistence is what does it.:thumbs: Oh, and I would use the birthday as a lever. It would be a present for her just to KNOW

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
clgutk12 said:
Okay, I called and talk to the Sales Manager today. He gave me the order # for my Mom's car (GFW490) but said that he did not know the production code!!! :mad: :banghead:

What can we do from here? Is there anyone else we can contact that would have this information? It's getting really frustrating! :brentil:

My Mom is about to give up & buy another car.

That's good news that you got an order #...finally! I still say go straight to the General Manager of the dealership...he can punch in your mom's order # and all her information will come up. Based on her early March image date, she likely has a TPW by now...not that it will mean much, but at least it's something. Forget the sales manager...go over his head and talk directly with the GM...that's your best bet at getting any information....take it from someone who has gone through the same exact thing. :banghead:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts