Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you or did you contact your dealer while waiting for your Sky? I've tried not to call more then once a week, and have found out that's already kinda of a joke amongst those at the dealership with me calling. I don't feel this is to often especially given the amount of information they have provided with out the frequent phone calls, which is none. Almost every time I called they had new info for me when I asked the right questions. I don't think they are used to somebody with so much anticipation for their ride.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
My dealer says that some customers with Sky orders call or stop by at least weekly. The ones that have waited the longest seem to contact them more (of course). How can you possibly contain your excitement?! :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was calling once a week, but now it is more like every other week. I know I am annoying my salesman, but thankfully he is nice and humors me. Now I just call and say “Hi its your stalker” and he knows who I am. I really try and hold back on calling him, but my excitement gets the best of me and I call.

I do now that there are several people on this board that call their dealer every Tuesday and Thursday faithfully. And others that call once a week.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I stop by my dealer once a week to check on my status and to see if any other Sky's have arrived. But if he is buzy with another customer I leave him alone till he is done.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I will contact mine once a week via email so that he can get to it when he has time. I don't want to take away from his time with other customers, he needs to make a buck too.

If he doesn't reply to my Tuesday email by Thursday, then I call. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
cjegg said:
How often do you or did you contact your dealer while waiting for your Sky? I've tried not to call more then once a week, and have found out that's already kinda of a joke amongst those at the dealership with me calling. I don't feel this is to often especially given the amount of information they have provided with out the frequent phone calls, which is none. Almost every time I called they had new info for me when I asked the right questions. I don't think they are used to somebody with so much anticipation for their ride.
I have been lucky - the agreement between me and the General Manager (who is running the SKY sales) is that I could contact him once a week for up dates, but as the delivery date etc got closer - he said he really did not mind. The main reason is that we communicate via email. That way I am not interrupting him (to answer a phone call) and not asking him for info he might not have at his finger tips at the moment. He said he would always try to get an email back to me with in 24 hours. He has not failed me yet. In fact the last time (last Tuesday) he sent me a copy of my report in 15 minutes!
There is nothing a dealer can do to make things move faster and the info doesn't change THAT often anyway. I figure once a week is fine. It's not like they are going to build the car on Monday and deliver it to you that Friday. :)

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I don't contact my dealer more than about once every 3 weeks. Even so I'm still being told don't call us we'll call you. I call an 800 number available here in Canada.

I was talking with another dealer today who is close to my home. The Saturn Canada web site shows him as having around 20 cars available. I didn't believe that but I thought I'd call him to see what he did have and to see what info I could get. He said he has one car in transit and that one day it was listed as not prefferenced and the next day it was built and on the way. :mad:

Why can't they (GM) have a tracking system like Dell that is more reliable so you can track your own order. It's a car!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was calling, stopping by, or e-mailing once a week or every other week. Since I was given a TPW of May 8th, I don't see the point until after this point. Maybe I'll stop by next Tuesday or the following week.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rick112 said:
Why can't they (GM) have a tracking system like Dell that is more reliable so you can track your own order. It's a car!
That's what I'm talking about the thing comes with on-star even if you don't want it! Let me activate it as soon as it it's built so I can follow her on her voyage. I've dealt with the RRs and there is no way you can count on them for anything other then it getting there. It would be nice if they could fed ex them or something then a dell like system would work.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I generally make contact (either by phone or in person) with my dealer once every 2-3 weeks...which I don't feel is at the "stalking" level...yet. :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
I called about once a week. As it got closer I called a little more frequently. The GM told me to call or come by whenever I felt like it. They didn't care and they were all pretty excited, too.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
MOMDRAE said:
I called about once a week. As it got closer I called a little more frequently. The GM told me to call or come by whenever I felt like it. They didn't care and they were all pretty excited, too.:thumbs:
Mark's a great guy.

My guideline has always been, if there ain't a restraining order, then it ain't stalking. :jester:

·
Registered
804 Posts
The dealers are trying to sell cars, they will put up with just about anything. Besides, it must be a little refreshing to have people so excited about getting a car for once.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i am currently juggling 7-8 sky customers, 4 with deposits, 3 on waiting lists, and 1 who offers me cash/free stuff on a weekly basis to bump the others ahead of him.....

i don't mind keep them updated, but only when they call. i do not call them every time a change is made in their order status, since the status codes are always behind anyway.

but it will be worth it when i get to deliver my first sky because my customers will be so happy, and that is what working at saturn is really all about (insert "smiling customer/salesperson shaking hands with Saturn logo in backbround" photo here)

:D

·
Registered
176 Posts
YESSSSSS...now I don't feel so bad. I have been contacting my dealer once a week via email. (But I want to contact him more) When I was leaving the dealership after I deposited my money he said I could contact him 3-4 times a day, every day and he wouldn't care. Should I test him?:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
New tactic. I now have my wife call (with a set of questions) while claiming she is doing them a favor by preventing her obsesive(sp) husband from harrassing them.:D

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
cjegg said:
After my Solstice went 3000 I would stop by every other week. ( I hade no problem's with my dealer) But if a dealer doesn't like it tell them thats what they get PAID for. This is what I was told to say by GM.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts