Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My order was put in on February 20th, is it to late to make any Color changes? Still :deadhorse about the color...RED or Silver Pearl. It's ordered silver pearl, but when I go look at the Pontiac dealer by my house that has 6:eek: solstices sitting on the lot. I get to see everything side by side and that RED does look good, but that Silver with the chrome wheels looks HOT:mad: also!


I think any color will look good! :thumbs: Just want to know when it's too late to change?
I
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Call your dealer NOW! If he says it's to late then it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
I know you probably want to hear this from kappaman or someone but I believe it to be 8 days.
this was posted by a dealer awhile back, it was a communication sent to the dealerships just before the demo images started to flow.

Retailers should review their order content and make any necessary changes while orders are at Event 025. Similar to the Relay process, Retailers will have eight (8) days to review their order option content before the orders go to POMs (Event 030). At Event 030, option content will be frozen and no more option content changes can be made.

My guess is that your are already at code 030 by this time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
usmc said:
I know you probably want to hear this from kappaman or someone but I believe it to be 8 days.
this was posted by a dealer awhile back, it was a communication sent to the dealerships just before the demo images started to flow.

Retailers should review their order content and make any necessary changes while orders are at Event 025. Similar to the Relay process, Retailers will have eight (8) days to review their order option content before the orders go to POMs (Event 030). At Event 030, option content will be frozen and no more option content changes can be made.

My guess is that your are already at code 030 by this time

Well the silver pearl it is then! USMC, we will be roll'in in the same car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
Well the silver pearl it is then! USMC, we will be roll'in in the same car!
HEHEHE, I just noticed that. twins!
My hopes of red interior are fading fast. it doesn't look like its gonna happen, which is probably a good thing. I'd hate for red to get put in my image just to have it sit at code 030 for 2 more months.

so there it is... silver pearl, black, chrome, lsd!!
wanna race? :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
It is to late when the POMS won't accept it. Now that they are starting to pick up the pace, you probably won't have much time to make changes. However way back when some of us ordered from the dealer demo images, the order was still able to be changed at 030. As of the last 2 wks my order was rejecting changes, we were doing this to verify it status, I wasn't planning any changes, just seeing what the system will do. I will get my Silverpearl/Red Leather SKY it is just a matter of 2 - 3 weeks now, I"ll bet the farm on it.:thumbs: :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
usmc said:
HEHEHE, I just noticed that. twins!
My hopes of red interior are fading fast. it doesn't look like its gonna happen, which is probably a good thing. I'd hate for red to get put in my image just to have it sit at code 030 for 2 more months.

so there it is... silver pearl, black, chrome, lsd!!
wanna race? :cheers:

The race is on!:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
Ernest said:
It is to late when the POMS won't accept it. Now that they are starting to pick up the pace, you probably won't have much time to make changes. However way back when some of us ordered from the dealer demo images, the order was still able to be changed at 030. As of the last 2 wks my order was rejecting changes, we were doing this to verify it status, I wasn't planning any changes, just seeing what the system will do. I will get my Silverpearl/Red Leather SKY it is just a matter of 2 - 3 weeks now, I"ll bet the farm on it.:thumbs: :thumbs:

Just don't bet them wells!:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
I have a little race going on myself, which will come first, the SKY or a royalty check, they both are neck & neck. Division orders are being mailed within the week, my SKY should start production in a week, I mail back the order, the Sky get ready to ship, now checks are sent out first of the month, SKY should arrive by the end of this month, who will be first?:willy: :willy: :D :lol: :lol: :cool: :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
The postmaster vs General Motors DOESN'T SEEM FAIR of course the cheques first. Then the general will take your money.:lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,747 Posts
I don't think u will be disappointed with the silver pearl w/black leather, chrome wheels..it is the identical one that I have ordered....let me recommend something to all of the members getting the silver pearl with black interior...make the calibers black in color...don't go for the red...unless u r getting the two tone interior...but of course, it is your car and u can do with it as u like. Just thinking out loud...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
2 question?:
1. Earnest hasnt your car already been built? There seam to be alot of people saying there "code" means built and if your car is a Demo model shouldn't it have already been built and waiting for transport?

2. IS colored calipers a choice I missed or is this an aftermarket change? If my red interior shows up (I cant stop worrying about that), I think it would be cool to have red caliper to match.

Not trying to put doubts into your order Earnest, just worried about the same thing for you as me, That darn red leather they wont let me change!!!
Kimmi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Sorry about all the typo's 2300 hours and have been up since 0400. Need to get some sleep before I say (type) anything else.. Good night, will be dreaming of more GOOF news befor tomorrow.

Kimmi:willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
I will admit to a little bit of anxiety over the 030 business, but I still have a belief that I will cruisin the end of the month. If not, well it wasn't meant to be, Notice the calm non agitated response, I am going to calmly wait for my turn to receive my SKY. But if for some reason there is a slight delay in the delivery, I will calmly drive down to the my dealer, calmly walk in to my GM's office, and throw his big:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: floor to ceiling potted plant threw his:cuss: :cuss: big :cuss: window in his:cuss: office. Now see how cool and collected I am?:lol: :D
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
Ernest said:
I will admit to a little bit of anxiety over the 030 business, but I still have a belief that I will cruisin the end of the month. If not, well it wasn't meant to be, Notice the calm non agitated response, I am going to calmly wait for my turn to receive my SKY. But if for some reason there is a slight delay in the delivery, I will calmly drive down to the my dealer, calmly walk in to my GM's office, and throw his big:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: floor to ceiling potted plant threw his:cuss: :cuss: big :cuss: window in his:cuss: office. Now see how cool and collected I am?:lol: :D
The Mellow Ernest God Love Ya Man. Skip..:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
I'm sure it is on the way just the way you want it. According to Mike my salesman all of the Demo models are arriving about the same time. an if yours is the demo it just has to be made or No one elses is either. Also the the Saturn Dealer here in Melbourne is have a by invitation only BBQ on the 23 of march and calling it a new car clinic ( suppose to be for us unmechanic type to learn things we need to know about our cars. That being the case a big picture of a Sky is on the invitation anouncing it is is finally. I know this because the secretary has a stack of them on her desk waiting the go ahead to mail.

So... if the dealer demos weren't on there way, they couldnt have this BBQ and the would have already told you.

"Patience is a virtue, just not one of mine" ((SkyBaby quote)

kimmi:willy: :D
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
kimmi said:
2 question?:
1. Earnest hasnt your car already been built? There seam to be alot of people saying there "code" means built and if your car is a Demo model shouldn't it have already been built and waiting for transport?

2. IS colored calipers a choice I missed or is this an aftermarket change? If my red interior shows up (I cant stop worrying about that), I think it would be cool to have red caliper to match.

Not trying to put doubts into your order Earnest, just worried about the same thing for you as me, That darn red leather they wont let me change!!!
Kimmi
Kimmi have your darlin husband go to an auto store and get some paint to paint those calipers any color your little ol heart desires. Skip...:lol: :cheers: :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Really?? Or are you joking. You wouldn't be setting me up for him to pick on me for days would you?? You can paint them with plain old paint and it wont hurt them??

:confused: Kimmi
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
kimmi said:
Really?? Or are you joking. You wouldn't be setting me up for him to pick on me for days would you?? You can paint them with plain old paint and it wont hurt them??

:confused: Kimmi
Since when there is going to be a fair amount of heat generated I would paint them with a high heat paint. Over on Solstice forum there is a thread on the modifications that can be done. It is also on this forum . Try Calipers. Skip...:cheers: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
Look out Kimmi, cousin Ski-up has gotten loose from under the front porch agin, last time he got out we caught him up'n on the hiway tryin' to bite the tires on semi's haulin' new cars. Looks liken's we-uns are going to have to go to the dog pound agin, Hey Eldeeko, help me search these threads, we might just find him on one of them. Ski-up, Ski-up, here boy, are you here Ski-up?
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top