Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUst curious what everyone thinks about putting the top down when it's 97 with high humidty. I don't have my sky yet. I have been driving convertible's for 9 years it won't be new experence for me to drive with the top down. When do most feel like it's too hot. I also am going from a mustang cobra to a sky so I guessing with the AC on the car is really a dog? Is that the case? Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ShowMeSky said:
JUst curious what everyone thinks about putting the top down when it's 97 with high humidty. I don't have my sky yet. I have been driving convertible's for 9 years it won't be new experence for me to drive with the top down. When do most feel like it's too hot. I also am going from a mustang cobra to a sky so I guessing with the AC on the car is really a dog? Is that the case? Thanks for your input!
My mom has a Cobra Convertible and I dont think the impact on the HP is as great with the Sky (though it certainly is louder in the Sky).

I know what you mean about humidity and top down driving, I feel that the breeze that comes across with the Sky is enough to scare away any heat so long as your going at highway speeds but I would say the same for the Cobra.

I'd imagine if its a top up day for you in the Stang it will be in the Sky. I have yet to put the top up in my Sky unless its raining (and even then if your going fast enough no rain gets in the cockpit) ... though its all personal preference.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Well it was 96 and humid the second day I drove my Sunni1.... Never even entered my mind to turn the air on...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Well it was 96 and humid the second day I drove my Sunni1.... Never even entered my mind to turn the air on...
my sister and I shared an old Dodge convertible in college...it could be 100 degrees and we'd have the top down, no AC....the moving air is enough to stay cool. We'll see how I do in stop and go traffic...

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
I am a died in the wool convertable nut. My top goes down in May when the rains stop and it stays down until November when it starts raining again. The temp ranges from 56 too 105 degrees. I have a tonnaue cover on my present car and I have been know to run the heater if is a little cold and also the air if its in the 100's. The tonnaue cover forces the air out in you face so it works real well. I wil do the same with my SKY.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Fred, I am a fan of air...breathing after all is a chest full of Sky...I wrote that in a poem once, I am a poet in my off work life...so a convertible just keeps me outside more...I could not believe it when I found a top down car called Sky!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
248 Posts
In Texas ... its HOT ... I drive top down almost everyday ... when I chose to leave the top up, the AC works great for me

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
No crime in enjoying creature comforts!!! Fun is fun! :cheers:

·
Registered
94 Posts
It got up to about 94 degrees today with a little humidity. It was too hot at lunch for me to go topless. I must admit that I'm not very tolerant of heat anyway.

The car registered 107 degrees when I left work :cheers:

I'll be happy to go top down when its cold and run the heat though. :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
How Hot?

skywulf said:
As hot as you can stand it.
It is all a matter of preference.
What ever you like or don't.
In sunny SoCal mine is down all the time except when I park and leave the Sky for any length of time. There are some days, like at the beach, when it is only 70 and it feels like it can cook an egg. So when I start to cook I will put the top up and run the AC. But untill then, when I am not cooking, the top is down. :cool:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well not that you SKYs have this issue but I DON'T Have AC so I am all about the top down option!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
2008SKY said:
I live in Phoenix, AZ I think I will put top up and a/c full power... it really hot in summer.........
:agree: Also living in Phoenix where temp has been at least 108 have not had top down too much, unless I go out for a early morning ride.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
agirltrucker said:
:agree: Also living in Phoenix where temp has been at least 108 have not had top down too much, unless I go out for a early morning ride.
Whoa, 108...I wonder if even moving air at that temp could feel refreshing! I am in the heat biking and gardening etc. all the time, but I am not sure about managing 108 degrees,

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
skywulf said:
That's why you got it!:cheers:

·
Registered
380 Posts
I love convertibles and have owned about ten in my life. I also believe in comfort. On really hot humid days, the top is up, but when the sun goes down, so does the top. My only exception is on the open highway going 60 or 70 MPH.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Well in Michigan,:leaving: what can I say....When there's good weather you go for it....spring, summer, fall can be excellent roadster weather..:cool: ...WINTER is another story, although we had some! Nice November's
Leave your top down! while you can here in Mich.........:cool:

·
Registered
517 Posts
i have never had a convertable.:banghead:

but i have always wondered how people decided when to put the tops up and down on them.:confused:

now i know!:)

what a great informational place this forum is!!!!:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts