Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a post and someone said the model year is ending next week.

I would think that would be impossible. If there is 10000 Skys for 2007 at present production it would end up in December.

So I would imagine 2008 model year would start January. Just looking at numbers.

So If the last 2007 rolls off the line in December, wouldn't it follow that everyone that has a order for a 2007, the latest delivery would be Maybe February 2007?

I don't know just looking at numbers and see what adds up.

I know the Solstice ended 2006 production June 22. So everyone that had a order for a 2006 recieved theres I imagine.
There is no more after June 22 or did there orders just convert to 2007?

If you had a deposit for a 2006 Solstice and the model year changed did your price go up to or because they took your money and promised a 2006 do they give you the 2007 at the same price.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Eye on Sky said:

I would think that would be impossible. If there is 10000 Skys for 2007 at present production it would end up in December.

So I would imagine 2008 model year would start January. Just looking at numbers.

So If the last 2007 rolls off the line in December, wouldn't it follow that everyone that has a order for a 2007, the latest delivery would be Maybe February 2007?

I know the Solstice ended 2006 production June 22. So everyone that had a order for a 2006 recieved theres I imagine.

If you had a deposit for a 2006 Solstice and the model year changed did your price go up to or because they took your money and promised a 2006 do they give you the 2007 at the same price.
My head hurts from trying to calculate:willy:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Eye on Sky said:

The 2007 Sky's will continue to be 07's after the plant shutdown next week. The Solstice will be designated a 2007 model then. There will be a few changes (seat riser has been discussed) and I'm sure some small mechanical/technical items that are routine during these "model year" changes. I believe price protection only involves current model year. So, any Solstice orders that change to 2007 will involve a price increase for the customer.

·
Registered
540 Posts
there is another thread on this with an EXCELLENT explanation of how it all works. Something about the VIN indicates which part of the year manufactured, and if they start a new model after January, etc. etc. Long story short it will all resolve and correct itself with the plant change over in July. the 2007 models will continue to be 2007 until next July with the next change over.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
They're all 2007 MY cars due to them not being built until after the start of the 2006 physical year. The Solstice on the other hand began life in 2005 as a 2006 MY car. It will change to becoming a 2007 MY car after the plant shutdown the first week of July.

So rule of thumb with GM is MY extends from July to July unless it starts it's life late. If that start is after the year change it starts it's life as the next years MY designation.

·
Registered
804 Posts
brentil said:
They're all 2007 MY cars due to them not being built until after the start of the 2006 physical year. The Solstice on the other hand began life in 2005 as a 2006 MY car. It will change to becoming a 2007 MY car after the plant shutdown the first week of July.

So rule of thumb with GM is MY extends from July to July unless it starts it's life late. If that start is after the year change it starts it's life as the next years MY designation.
Kind of like holding your kids back from entering Kindergarden. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts