Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious when does the model year change over for Saturn ??? The folks receiving cars right now are getting 2007's - correct ??? I was thinking the new model years didnt start till the end of summer ??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I am just guessing but they may change over after Jan 07. Good question though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I bet the 2008 Saturn SKY won't be available until Sept 2007.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
AUsomTiger said:
That would make any SKY made between Jan and Sept 07 a "2007.5 SKY" :jester:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
marklynn70 said:
That would make any SKY made between Jan and Sept 07 a "2007.5 SKY" :jester:
Wow, that will make for a really long 2007 model year wont it ??? Does anybody know anything else? or why they have already started slapping 2007 on ??:confused:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I know VW and AUDI have done the ".5" before. Don't know if GM will. Some minor upgrades to the SKY are coming out after the summer plant shutdown. 2007 Solstices (Solsti?) have not hit the road yet I don't think.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AUsomTiger said:
I know VW and AUDI have done the ".5" before. Don't know if GM will. Some minor upgrades to the SKY are coming out after the summer plant shutdown. 2007 Solstices (Solsti?) have not hit the road yet I don't think.
My first car was a 1984.5 GT - makes sense. Just trying to figure out if Saturn did something different. Just not used to new year models in May - June .

·
Registered
623 Posts
Model Years USUALLY begin in August of the previous year (so 2007 MY starts in CY August 2006). The caveat is that ANY car introduced (that is production begins for that model) after January 1st MUST be labeled the next model year. This means any car that begins in January to July is labeled the "next" MY from the rest of the current cars (like the SKY). If the car is an early release (January to March), like the SKY is, there is almost always a .5 Model year. The 2007.5 SKY's will be denoted by the 2-Way power adjustable seats, new on the Solstice for MY 2007 and introduced to SKY's built after June 22nd.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DuSpinnst said:
Model Years USUALLY begin in August of the previous year (so 2007 MY starts in CY August 2006). The caveat is that ANY car introduced (that is production begins for that model) after January 1st MUST be labeled the next model year. This means any car that begins in January to July is labeled the "next" MY from the rest of the current cars (like the SKY). If the car is an early release (January to March), like the SKY is, there is almost always a .5 Model year. The 2007.5 SKY's will be denoted by the 2-Way power adjustable seats, new on the Solstice for MY 2007 and introduced to SKY's built after June 22nd.
thanks:thumbs: I appreciate the enlightenment. I think I have it now by George. I am definatley learning something new on this forum EVERYDAY.:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
AUsomTiger said:
Gotta agree

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Model year switch over is usually after the plant's summer shut down. Which is 1 week in Willmington, the week of July 4th in Willmington. But they usually get two weeks at most plant's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts