Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now it is 8/1/05, I talked with a couple dealerships and was wondering if I would be able to order the Sky and have it ready for me in sometime early 2006 and they had no clue. I called a couple of dealerships about the Solstice and they told me that the car is going to be sold out for the next couple years. Is the waiting list for the sky a significant period of time? Can you please give me your inputs.

·
Registered
250 Posts
There is a post (somewhere) saying that the first sky to be sold will be for charity.. then there is another that says sky allocation will be 2 per dealer per month. If you've gotten on one of their lists they its a safe bet that you will be able to figure out about how many months after the initial offering you would recieve yours.

The belief is that you will not see the first skys until MAY of 2006. Then it depends on how lucky (or quick) you where when you asked to be placed on the list.

I am honestly of the mind set that so long as I get one I will not worry about when. It's just more time i have to save so that I can pay for it cash. I'm sure there will be little to no incentives on the car since it is on waiting list *forever*.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I am going to put my deposit down today! The guy said I will be third on the list, he said he thought it would be around MARCH/APRIL when the cars would be out. Anyone's guess is as good?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Mocha$ said:
Right now it is 8/1/05, I talked with a couple dealerships and was wondering if I would be able to order the Sky and have it ready for me in sometime early 2006 and they had no clue. I called a couple of dealerships about the Solstice and they told me that the car is going to be sold out for the next couple years. Is the waiting list for the sky a significant period of time? Can you please give me your inputs.
It depends on two factors really. [1] Your position in a wait list a t a dealer. The sooner you get on a wait list and the closer to the #1 position the sooner you'll get the car. Keep trying dealers till you can be #1 on thier list or as close to it as possible. [2] If Saturn does a promotional event like Pontiac did with the Solstice. If they do you might have a chance of getting a car sooner then the normal allocations.

Any posts about allocations or dealer allotments or deliveries per month just ignore for now. Dealers are pretty much just mkaing stuff up it seems.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
As I mentioned in a previous post on another thread individuals like me in my area have dealers that are not even prepared to start a list. So I call and I wait, I call and I wait, I call and I wait :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Marklynn! Ask Your Dealer To Put You On The Early Registration List.....he Will Have To Go On gmlaunch.com...it's For Dealers And He Will Need To Put In A Dealer's Code To Gain Acces....once That Happens It Will Ask For Your Info And Also Gives You Options For The Vehicle Of Your Choice. I.e Color Interior Stereo. Etc

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
sky_line said:
Marklynn! Ask Your Dealer To Put You On The Early Registration List.....he Will Have To Go On gmlaunch.com...it's For Dealers And He Will Need To Put In A Dealer's Code To Gain Acces....once That Happens It Will Ask For Your Info And Also Gives You Options For The Vehicle Of Your Choice. I.e Color Interior Stereo. Etc
I contacted Saturn directly and they told me there was no such list...
here is the question i sent...
SUBJECT: Purchasing a new Saturn
Early registration
program for the people wanting to buy a Sky, I have
been put on a wait list
at my local Saturn dealer and placed a deposit to be
the second to order...
Is this suffecent to be able to get one of the first
Skys my dealer gets, or
is there an official Saturn list i need to be on?

This was the answer directly from Saturn just a couple weeks ago.

Dear Mr. T,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write to
Saturn.

There is no early registration list for the SKY.
Saturn Corporation does
not actually sell vehicles. We rely on our retail
partners to take care of
sales and service of vehicles.

If your Saturn retail facility has started an interest
list for the SKY then
they will be able to place an order for you when
ordering begins.

I know that it is hard to wait for a car that you
want, but the SKY will be
here soon.

Please feel welcome to either e-mail or call the
Saturn Customer Assistance
Center at 1-800-553-6000 option 3 if you have
additional questions.

Thank you,

Melanie M.
Saturn Customer Assistance Center

I asked my dealership about it and they said there was also no list... so now who is telling the truth here?
but I did read this on the Solstice forum this morning, see the bolded print...

Originally Posted by Automotive News
First Solstices to ship on Wednesday

By Richard Truett
Automotive News / August 01, 2005

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. -- Pontiac will ship the first batch of 2006 Pontiac Solstice roadsters to dealers on Wednesday, Aug. 3.

Dealers can sell the car as soon as it arrives, said Mark Reuss, General Motors executive director of vehicle architecture, on Monday at the Management Briefing Seminars.

Reuss said that in spite of media reports, there was no delay in shipping the Solstice to dealers.

He added that there were no last-minute problems with the Solstice and that the program will be profitable for GM. There is a waiting list of 10,000 customers for the Solstice, Reuss said.

Production of the Saturn Sky roadster, which shares its chassis with the Solstice, will begin later this summer, Reuss said.

GM will offer a detachable hardtop for the Solstice later this year, which can be bought via dealership parts departments.

Reuss said other variations of the Solstice are being considered for production. They include a high-performance model with a turbocharged engine, and a lightweight coupe with a fixed roof to appeal to club racers.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
brentil said:
It depends on two factors really. [1] Your position in a wait list a t a dealer. The sooner you get on a wait list and the closer to the #1 position the sooner you'll get the car. Keep trying dealers till you can be #1 on thier list or as close to it as possible. [2] If Saturn does a promotional event like Pontiac did with the Solstice. If they do you might have a chance of getting a car sooner then the normal allocations.

Any posts about allocations or dealer allotments or deliveries per month just ignore for now. Dealers are pretty much just mkaing stuff up it seems.
I contacted Saturn again the other day over the phone and they told me there was no special promotion planned for the Sky... the only ones that will be any chance for an earlier purchase are the ones bing Auctioned for charity or Given away... everyone that purchases one will have the same chance to do so from theire dealership... if you want to check yourself call their toll free customer service number 1-800-553-6000 option 3

·
Registered
554 Posts
brentil said:

All indicators to date is that Saturn doesn't need to do an early promotion program or first X of X builds. Pontiac has ruined it for Saturn to do any type of early promotion (depends how you look at though :) ). The word is out and with over 2000 Solstices expected to be on the road by year's end will be enough advertising. Saturn is more than likely to just run TV and newspaper ads; the car will sell itself.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I just got off the phone with my dealer again. I have been encouraging him to make some iquires into ordering data. They have taken all my personal information but no money. My dealer has indicted that I was the first to enquire back when I made my first call. Hence I first on the list, all this means is they will place my order first when they are able to do so. Delivery of my SKY still depends on how many will be made and where my dealer stands in line waiting to have it sent to them. Alot of talking for now, we will see what happens as we all continue to watch our calendars.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Reuss' statement was either a misquote, misinformation, or misstatement.

The Sky is NOT starting production later this summer. We all know it is a 2007 model year vehicle, and CANNOT (by law) start production prior to Jan 1, 2006.

·
Registered
242 Posts
classic66vair said:
I contacted Saturn directly and they told me there was no such list...
here is the question i sent...
SUBJECT: Purchasing a new Saturn
Early registration
program for the people wanting to buy a Sky, I have
been put on a wait list
at my local Saturn dealer and placed a deposit to be
the second to order...
Is this suffecent to be able to get one of the first
Skys my dealer gets, or
is there an official Saturn list i need to be on?

This was the answer directly from Saturn just a couple weeks ago.

Dear Mr. T,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write to
Saturn.

There is no early registration list for the SKY.
Saturn Corporation does
not actually sell vehicles. We rely on our retail
partners to take care of
sales and service of vehicles.

If your Saturn retail facility has started an interest
list for the SKY then
they will be able to place an order for you when
ordering begins.

I know that it is hard to wait for a car that you
want, but the SKY will be
here soon.

Please feel welcome to either e-mail or call the
Saturn Customer Assistance
Center at 1-800-553-6000 option 3 if you have
additional questions.

Thank you,

Melanie M.

I asked my dealership about it and they said there was also no list... so now who is telling the truth here?
but I did read this on the Solstice forum this morning, see the bolded print...

Originally Posted by Automotive News
First Solstices to ship on Wednesday

By Richard Truett
Automotive News / August 01, 2005

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. -- Pontiac will ship the first batch of 2006 Pontiac Solstice roadsters to dealers on Wednesday, Aug. 3.

Dealers can sell the car as soon as it arrives, said Mark Reuss, General Motors executive director of vehicle architecture, on Monday at the Management Briefing Seminars.

Reuss said that in spite of media reports, there was no delay in shipping the Solstice to dealers.

He added that there were no last-minute problems with the Solstice and that the program will be profitable for GM. There is a waiting list of 10,000 customers for the Solstice, Reuss said.

Production of the Saturn Sky roadster, which shares its chassis with the Solstice, will begin later this summer, Reuss said.

GM will offer a detachable hardtop for the Solstice later this year, which can be bought via dealership parts departments.

Reuss said other variations of the Solstice are being considered for production. They include a high-performance model with a turbocharged engine, and a lightweight coupe with a fixed roof to appeal to club racers.
as for the early registration program...if you go to gmlaunch.com you will go to the launch page...the dealer will have to take it from there...i filled out the form in his office. it has been out since May. He had to go get a dealer's authorization number to be admitted into the saturn site....Then click on Early registration Program.....IT IS THERE. Maybe he didn't have time, but, IT IS THERE. go to gmlaunch.com and you will see the page that I am talking about.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
sky_line said:
as for the early registration program...if you go to gmlaunch.com you will go to the launch page...the dealer will have to take it from there...i filled out the form in his office. it has been out since May. He had to go get a dealer's authorization number to be admitted into the saturn site....Then click on Early registration Program.....IT IS THERE. Maybe he didn't have time, but, IT IS THERE. go to gmlaunch.com and you will see the page that I am talking about.
so then why does Saturn even deny that it exists?
well I went to that page and it don;t mean squat... just asks for some kind of employee code to log in...
Can any GM dealers on here confirm what he says?
I again sent an E-mail to saturn customer service about the early registration and the GMlaunch site, I just got an answer more to follow tomorrow when I get the rest of the information.
Dear Timothy,

I am aware of the GM Launch website. I will be glad
to check into this further for you tomorrow.

Saturn has never had an early order list for owners or retail facilities.

I will write back to you tomorrow after speaking with
a Saturn team leader.

If you have additional questions or comments, please
feel welcome to either
e-mail or call the Saturn Customer Assistance Center
at 1-800-553-6000
option 3.

Thank you,

Melanie M.

Like I said WHY does Saturn deny a registration list?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
kappaman said:
Reuss' statement was either a misquote, misinformation, or misstatement.

The Sky is NOT starting production later this summer. We all know it is a 2007 model year vehicle, and CANNOT (by law) start production prior to Jan 1, 2006.
well untill I see a quote elsewhere that he mispoke I think we ought to give him the benefit of the doubt...
besides just because they announced it as a 2007 model dosen't mean they can't bring it out earlier as a 2006....There is No LAW against that is there?
I don't think anyone would complain, Do you? but if they announce it as a 2007 and it dosen't come out until 2008 then some people will really be pissed...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
classic66vair said:
well untill I see a quote elsewhere that he mispoke I think we ought to give him the benefit of the doubt...
besides just because they announced it as a 2007 model dosen't mean they can't bring it out earlier as a 2006....There is No LAW against that is there?
I don't think anyone would complain, Do you? but if they announce it as a 2007 and it dosen't come out until 2008 then some people will really be pissed...
It's a misquote, a misstatement, or he was misinformed.

There is no 2006 M.Y. Sky.

·
Registered
242 Posts
classic66vair said:
so then why does Saturn even deny that it exists?
well I went to that page and it don;t mean squat... just asks for some kind of employee code to log in...
Can any GM dealers on here confirm what he says?
I again sent an E-mail to saturn customer service about the early registration and the GMlaunch site, I just got an answer more to follow tomorrow when I get the rest of the information.
Dear Timothy,

I am aware of the GM Launch website. I will be glad
to check into this further for you tomorrow.

Saturn has never had an early order list for owners or retail facilities.

I will write back to you tomorrow after speaking with
a Saturn team leader.

If you have additional questions or comments, please
feel welcome to either
e-mail or call the Saturn Customer Assistance Center
at 1-800-553-6000
option 3.

Thank you,

Melanie M.

Like I said WHY does Saturn deny a registration list?
that is the page...my salesman got the employee code and logged in....i don't know why your dealer is denying that it exists...the page that you went to...once the salesperson puts in the code, they can click on the saturn emblemand the information comes up. Maybe he doesn't want to deal with it, but, believe me, buddy...it's there...Youu have passed on good info to me, and I would not steer you wrong on this one. Maybe if you tried another dealer, they would be more helpful. But if you pulled up the launch page, I know that they can take it to the next level.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
sky_line said:
that is the page...my salesman got the employee code and logged in....i don't know why your dealer is denying that it exists...the page that you went to...once the salesperson puts in the code, they can click on the saturn emblemand the information comes up. Maybe he doesn't want to deal with it, but, believe me, buddy...it's there...Youu have passed on good info to me, and I would not steer you wrong on this one. Maybe if you tried another dealer, they would be more helpful. But if you pulled up the launch page, I know that they can take it to the next level.
It's not just my dealer it is Saturn's own customer service that says no such list exists.... see my last post and the e-mail I got last night from them...
She said she would check into the GM launch site and get back with me...
I also asked about the statement in the press conferance about the Sky going into production later this summer... we will see if she will answer that one too.
PS the next nearest dealer is 100 miles from here...

·
Registered
242 Posts
I Wish That I Could Have Gotten The Code From My Salesman. (no Such Luck) Could've Passed It On To You...i Still Don't Understand That One. May I Suggest This? Try Talking To The Customer Service Rep. At The Dealership. I Could Give You The Name Of My Salesman Or His E-mail Address. Maybe He Could Help You Out. At Least Get Your Name Registered. I Don't Know What Else To Tell You, Especially If They Won't Help You.

·
Registered
242 Posts
classic66vair said:
It's not just my dealer it is Saturn's own customer service that says no such list exists.... see my last post and the e-mail I got last night from them...
She said she would check into the GM launch site and get back with me...
I also asked about the statement in the press conferance about the Sky going into production later this summer... we will see if she will answer that one too.
PS the next nearest dealer is 100 miles from here...
CLASSIC, IF YOU GO TO THE THREAD "SCREENSAVER CALENDAR" THERE IS A POST FROM "MARKLYNN70" CLICK ON IT AND IT WILL MENTION THE EARLY REGISTRATION PROGRAM. tHAT IS HOW I ACTUALLY FOUND OUT ABOUT IT AND IT IS A SATURN WEBSITE...IT ALSO INCLUDES THE SKY COUNTDOWN CALENDAR. HOPE THIS HELPS.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
sky_line said:
I Wish That I Could Have Gotten The Code From My Salesman. (no Such Luck) Could've Passed It On To You...i Still Don't Understand That One. May I Suggest This? Try Talking To The Customer Service Rep. At The Dealership. I Could Give You The Name Of My Salesman Or His E-mail Address. Maybe He Could Help You Out. At Least Get Your Name Registered. I Don't Know What Else To Tell You, Especially If They Won't Help You.
Well I also called the Saturn customer service, and they told me the same story about no official list existed, they told me if I was on my dealer's list that they would be notified by Saturn as soon as it was ok to place an order, then since I am now first on the list I will be the first to be able to place an order from that dealership... I am calling my salesman this morning to see if they can go to that website and check it out.
Thanks for your assistance, I just don't understand why Saturn themselves deny such a list exists if it actually does.

Just a note to explain a couple things, the reason I want to make sure I am on top of this is my wife has just been diagnosed with Liver cancer, the prognosis isn't good, could be as short as a few months... and she has been looking forward to this car as much as I have.. I am wanting to get it as soon as possible so she will have time to enjoy it some... before she is too sick to. that is also one reason I got so excited about the part of it going into production later this summer...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts