Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any clue when we will be able to get the non chrome wheels? I ordered a redline in april with stock wheels and all they have is chrome. Anyone have a idea what the hold up is with stock wheels? I know I know why don't I just get chrome well I don't want them :)

Thanks as always you guys are great on here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Almost forgot my dealer called me today they had a redline in. He let me take it out back in the lot to play with it. The car is soooooooo fun i just was amazed how the power just came on with out any hesitation what so ever :willy:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Any clue when we will be able to get the non chrome wheels? I ordered a redline in april with stock wheels and all they have is chrome. Anyone have a idea what the hold up is with stock wheels? I know I know why don't I just get chrome well I don't want them :)

Thanks as always you guys are great on here.
Looking at what is being posted on this forum there seems to be no restrictions on ANY wheels. Only the polished and chrome wheels are available on the Redline with the polished as std. and Chrome as a $575 option.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Looking at what is being posted on this forum there seems to be no restrictions on ANY wheels. Only the polished and chrome wheels are available on the Redline with the polished as std. and Chrome as a $575 option.

:agree: :agree:

i agree there hasn't been a constraint on any wheels for about a month at least.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok I am lost here I need help then.

Here is what the sky site says

what is the difference between polished and the chrome plated??

yling
SKY SKY Red Line
18-inch painted flangeless alloy wheels
STD N/A
18-inch polished flangeless alloy wheels
N/A STD
18-inch chrome-plated flangeless alloy wheels
$795 $545
Goodyear Eagle RSA P245/45R18 96V performance all-season radial tires
STD N/A
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS2 P245/45R18 96W performance radial tires
N/A STD
Polished aluminum exhaust tip
STD N/A
Dual polished aluminum exhaust tip
N/A STD
Bright-finish door handles
STD STD

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
and here is what the brochure says:
WHEELS: SKY AND SKY RED LINE
18x8 Painted Alloy

18x8 Polished Alloy (red line)

18x8 Chrome Alloy (optional)

same brochure...ADDITIONAL SKY RED LINE FEATURES...18-inch flangeless polished alloy wheels

:dunno:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I think you tried to do a cut and paste.

Here is the deal on wheels for the Skys.

Standard Sky - painted aluminum wheels STD, polished wheels OPT, chrome wheels OPT. ALL of the wheels are the same except for the finish.

Redline Sky - painted wheels N/A, polished wheels STD, chrome wheels OPT. Exactly the same wheels as the Standard Sky.

If you oreder a Redline, part of the price difference in the Redline package is the upgrade on the finish of the wheels from painted as standard equipment to polished finish as standard equipment. There you go. There are no "constraints" om polished wheels, so the dealership you are talking to is pulling your chain, or you are confused, or THEY are confused. HTH.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Love my chrome wheels, no problems, perfect choice for our SKYs. Was suprised,"MADE IN CHINA":brentil:

My new OEM totally polished chrome rims will arrive Tuesday:willy: :willy:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Love my chrome wheels, no problems, perfect choice for our SKYs. Was suprised,"MADE IN CHINA":brentil:

My new OEM totally polished chrome rims will arrive Tuesday:willy: :willy:
a couple of questions.
What rims are you getting, What size, and what size tires for them ??
Hey, what is the bolt pattern on the SKY ???

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
a couple of questions.
What rims are you getting, What size, and what size tires for them ??
Hey, what is the bolt pattern on the SKY ???
Bolt pattern is 5" X 110mm. It's an oddball pattern so be careful when you shop wheels. Also, the "setback" is (I believe) 55mm. Setback = offset = ask the vendor "is this the CORRECT wheel for this car"? Tire Rack, and any other the supporting vendors here can help you.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Bolt pattern is 5" X 110mm. It's an oddball pattern so be careful when you shop wheels. Also, the "setback" is (I believe) 55mm. Setback = offset = ask the vendor "is this the CORRECT wheel for this car"? Tire Rack, and any other the supporting vendors here can help you.
this is a 5x110 with a 45mm offset....largest u can go is 22 without rubbing but u have to use rubberbands for tires and the ride will feel like crap. I recommend a 20"inch rim with a 245 30 series tire then u still have the ability to lower it without rubbing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts