Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so my Sky was built on July 11th and shipped on July 14th. GM customer service is saying the car is scheduled to be delivered to the dealership on the second week of August. My dealership tells me they will start paying interest on the car August 4th. A friend on this site says the dealership will get the car end of this week. A friend of mine who had a similar experience ordering a truck from GM says I'll have the car next week. My trick knee says it's going to rain next week!

So when will I get my Sky? Take your best guess! :lol:

BTW I'm going to the dealership tomorrow and giving them one of my digital cameras so they can take pictures of the delivery.:cool: :willy:

After a year this is finally happening. WAY KOOL! :driving:

·
Registered
727 Posts
I know to get Saturn's up here (Western New York) from Tennessee usually takes a couple weeks because they are sent by train. They used to ship here by truck which was quicker, but GM changed all that.

Do you know if the Sky's head to Canada by train or truck? Hope you get it soon! It must be on it's way now!

:cheers:

·
Registered
540 Posts
make a poll for us!! this should be fun - kinda like guessing delivery dates on prego women. are we are betting a Coke ?????

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fformula88 said:
It must be on it's way now!

:cheers:
Shipped! July 14th. I was worried it would get stuck at the plant for weeks for inspection or to wait for others to join it in shipping.

I guess it will make it's way to Windsor by train. From there I don't know. I would think it strange to send it from Windsor to Toronto by truck but who knows these days. I always though sending things by train was one of the fastest ways of getting things long distance. Looks like I'm wrong because the whole world seems to ship by truck now a days.:lol:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I guarantee it will clear the railyard at Saskatoon no later than the end of August, putting it at Rick's dealer by September 29th at the very latest.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ernest said:
I am sorry, I changed it to the Aug 2nd. My physic image was confused:D
:lol: Thanks Ernest! If you ever come up to Canada I'm going to get you drunk on Canadian Beer!:cheers: :lol:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RMFNSKY said:

Just messing with ya rick112:D
It feels like it already did!:lol:

·
Registered
727 Posts
nyskyguy,

I appreciate the help with trying to find people a Sky, but it is against the forum's "commercial posting" rules to post dealer inventory on the forum. So I unfortunately had to remove your post. Sorry about that, as I know you had the best of intentions! (BTW, if you were interested in buying one of those cars at that dealer yourself, they seem to be a very good dealer. I have done some business with them and was pleased).

·
Registered
540 Posts
Okay since your not gonna build us an official poll here is my guess:

August 11th dealer arrival

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
When it gets there?:cheers:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Rick112 remember someone it watching yours, it has very special treatment....The Seal knows.....:D :D :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
rick112 said:
OK so my Sky was built on July 11th and shipped on July 14th.

I had the same ship date but mine is coming by train to Kansas City. I was told it would be here no later than 7/31 but most likely by early next week. Then I was told it could be here as early as 7/25!

You have had such a long wait. It's about time!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts