Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I read on here that production of the RL is anticipated to commence July 2006. Some dealers are already taking "orders" for them.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Dealers can't officially take orders for the RL yet...but many are taking deposits and have already formed waiting lists. Orders for the GXP are now being entered into the ordering system, but allocation has not taken place yet...they are just sitting in the system as prelim orders. I would imagine that once allocation begins for the GXP, then it shouldn't be too long before GM opens up VOMS (vehicle order management system) for RL prelim orders.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SKYtime said:
I read on here that production of the RL is anticipated to commence July 2006. Some dealers are already taking "orders" for them.
I pretty sure no GXP's or Red Line's will be built untill September the earliest. Could be even later depends on pre-production quality checks.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
deluke said:
I pretty sure no GXP's or Red Line's will be built untill September the earliest. Could be even later depends on pre-production quality checks.
My Sales Manager called Saturn to find about BlueStone and The Redline and he said both will be in production the Week of August the 5th.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
richmcc said:
My Sales Manager called Saturn to find about BlueStone and The Redline and he said both will be in production the Week of August the 5th.
No , I think they misunderstood or were misinformed. The Base Solstice and the Base Sky will go into production after the fourth of July shut down week. Don't ask me how I know But I know they will not go into production the week of August 5th.

Willmington will be on shut down only 1 week, the week of the 4th of July. ( GM usually get's two weeks shut down.)

If they start production in September that might be about Right. As Long as there are no pre-production problems.

Hey, I wish I was wrong because I'm waiting for our GXP. But I don't think so, as of the plans right now.

But sometimes strange things happen at GM.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
deluke said:
No , I think they misunderstood or were misinformed. The Base Solstice and the Base Sky will go into production after the fourth of July shut down week. Don't ask me how I know But I know they will not go into production the week of August 5th.

Willmington will be on shut down only 1 week, the week of the 4th of July. ( GM usually get's two weeks shut down.)

If they start production in September that might be about Right. As Long as there are no pre-production problems.

Hey, I wish I was wrong because I'm waiting for our GXP. But I don't think so, as of the plans right now.

But sometimes strange things happen at GM.
Well he said he got it directly from Saurn. I guess we will see!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hope this friday because thats when i am going to the dealer to get my deposit down. Just hope with leather and the automatic the price will be just under $30,000.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
hayabusa said:
Hope this friday because thats when i am going to the dealer to get my deposit down. Just hope with leather and the automatic the price will be just under $30,000.
I don't understand why the GXP could go into the VOM and get ordered but the Red Line can't. But once they go in , they sit there and wait untill GM starts picking up orders, which should be awhile.

Pricing on these car's isn't suppose to come out untill sometime this summer. And they said available in the fall. Which is end of September untiil December.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes i am going to place mine today.

Red Redline
Black Top and Leather Seats
Chrome Wheels
Automatic
Thats should be enought. lol

They are going to put in a plim order when the cars gets pulled i think the dealer will go over the price and cost of options and then place your order. The sooner the better in case they are hard to get later. good luck !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts