Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any bets? I just looked and didn't find one yet.

Next bet, how much of a premium will it command?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Never ever... no one will ever want to sell their pride and joy!!!:cheers:

JK... the bad dealers will be out in force in a week or so... :banghead:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
aloch said:
My bet by the way, this weekend and $3000 over MSRP.
I'll go with 5k

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Ernest said:
:agree: :agree: :thumbs:
$6,500. What was the Solstice going for btw?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
rick112 said:
$6,500. What was the Solstice going for btw?
That could be low. Depending on how difficult they will be able to get,and how desperate one is to have one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ive heard of the first solsltices selling for 10 to 20G over MSRP.

Sad... But true.

Infact... the owner of VIN #1, (VINNY01 on the solstice forum) was offered 100,000.00 for his car. He refused.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Dylan01 said:
Ive heard of the first solsltices selling for 10 to 20G over MSRP.

Sad... But true.

Infact... the owner of VIN #1, (VINNY01 on the solstice forum) was offered 100,000.00 for his car. He refused.
Not likely. Many of the ebay solstices went for only a few hundred to <2500 over MSRP for low vin first 1000's, and some even UNDER MSRP - IF they sold at all (the majority of solstices with high reserves never sold). Vinny01 didn't confirm that he was offered that much for his car, but he did say he got a decent offer he turned down, but Vin 001, signed by Bob Lutz under the hood... that's a rare car, indeed, especially since GM/Pontiac threw a friggin' party to deliver it to him.

Many of the dealers (if you're not in CA or the Southwest US) that are trying to charge between $3000-$5000 over MSRP are finding the cars are simply sitting in the showroom. People today are more savvy, and don't just roll over and say "yeah, ok, you're right mr. dealer - I can't get this new car for anything less than $5K over... ayup ayup, uh-huh... here's my hard earned money... you deserve it"

Many more shoppers, ESPECIALLY those looking on e-bay that are savvy enough, come to sites like solsticeforum, here, saturnfans, etc., and quickly figure out that a little phone calling and flexibility and you can find these supposedly "rare" cars for MSRP.

So, first SKY that shows up on e-bay, I say either <MSRP or no more than $250 over MSRP, OR doesn't sell at all because the seller has set too high a reserve.

should be interesting.

·
Registered
68 Posts
KappaMan said:
Not likely. Many of the ebay solstices went for only a few hundred to <2500 over MSRP for low vin first 1000's, and some even UNDER MSRP - IF they sold at all (the majority of solstices with high reserves never sold). Vinny01 didn't confirm that he was offered that much for his car, but he did say he got a decent offer he turned down, but Vin 001, signed by Bob Lutz under the hood... that's a rare car, indeed, especially since GM/Pontiac threw a friggin' party to deliver it to him.

Many of the dealers (if you're not in CA or the Southwest US) that are trying to charge between $3000-$5000 over MSRP are finding the cars are simply sitting in the showroom. People today are more savvy, and don't just roll over and say "yeah, ok, you're right mr. dealer - I can't get this new car for anything less than $5K over... ayup ayup, uh-huh... here's my hard earned money... you deserve it"

Many more shoppers, ESPECIALLY those looking on e-bay that are savvy enough, come to sites like solsticeforum, here, saturnfans, etc., and quickly figure out that a little phone calling and flexibility and you can find these supposedly "rare" cars for MSRP.

So, first SKY that shows up on e-bay, I say either <MSRP or no more than $250 over MSRP, OR doesn't sell at all because the seller has set too high a reserve.

should be interesting.
Where are you when it's stock time?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Lets just hope it isn't to high. Don't want to give any dealers out there any silly ideas.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Its on ebay right now. Item number: 4624159371

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well, that didn't take long!

·
Registered
438 Posts
you can get one for MSRP at my dealership and the car should be here by may!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interesting to note that the seller only selected a 7 day auction. Ussually higher priced items sell for a higher price with a 10 day auction.

Personally, I'd like to see the price go very high. This would indicate a good trade value for when the redline Sky arrives.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
aloch said:
Interesting to note that the seller only selected a 7 day auction. Ussually higher priced items sell for a higher price with a 10 day auction.

Personally, I'd like to see the price go very high. This would indicate a good trade value for when the redline Sky arrives.
It is also interesting that he didn't choose a reserve.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts