Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I drove from Cincinnati to Duglas GA and back, round trip of over 1300 miles and about 24 total hours on the road. In all that time and distance, I saw one Solstice. Are these cars scarce or what?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Me Too!

I wonder if both the Sky and Solstice people buy their cars and park them in garage.:confused:

With both cars being sold in the Rocky Mt area, the only one's I've seen are on our meets.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
I saw 4 solstices on the road yesterday. There was a red, 2 blacks and a white. That was the first time i saw more than 1 in any givin day. I've only seen 2 sky's on the road so far this summer. Hopefully i can make that 3 any day :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have seen several Solstices in my Dallas area.

- 2 black
- 2 graphite
- 1 white

BUT NO SKYS...except mine. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've wondered the same thing; have only seen 1 black Sky on the road (and from my truck it was one sweet view) and a yellow one I was told was in a parking lot so I actually drove over to see it.

I had a dream that by the time mine comes there will be so many it'll just be "another car." I hope not.

As part of the "community" the one forum member from the Twin Cities area was good eough to drop me a note and hopefully I'll get to see his soon.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
OMG !!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :crazy: This is starting to sound like a bunch of Brits discussing their "train watching" adventures. :cheers:

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
snaponbob said:
OMG !!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :crazy: This is starting to sound like a bunch of Brits discussing their "train watching" adventures. :cheers:
Apparently you have taken part in one of these discussions? I mean how else would you know such a thing exists :lol:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Pitcom said:
Apparently you have taken part in one of these discussions? I mean how else would you know such a thing exists :lol:
:lol: You got him!

I like the fact that there arn't many on the road. I get so many looks.:cool:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I see hundreds of them at work everyday. But out on the road, I've only seen 4 Skys and less that a 20 Solstices.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Pitcom said:
Actually, Monty Python's Flying Circus has done a short schtick on the subject. On a more morbid spin on the subject, with about 12teen sqidzillion miles of highways, roads, interstates, toll roads, and back roads, what are the chances of two Kappas having a fender bender? Where are Mr. Data or Mr. Spock when we need them?

·
Registered
692 Posts
1 green Solstice at my work place, haven't met the person yet. 1 Black one cruising through the little city I live in. On the road aside from those 2, Zero. No Sky's to be seen, guess their all out looking at trains!

·
Registered
422 Posts
The USA is a large country and there are only produced ~28,400 Kappas til end of July. More interesting are the cars that were sold: only 22,000. Rest of the Kappas waiting on the lot at the plant, are on transport, waiting on the dealers lot, or who knows. Here is a graph of the Kappa sales from the beginning til end of July

View attachment Sales#_2005-2006.pdf

The frequency of occurrence seeing a Sol or a Sky depends on the percentage allocation, which is up to now ~ 5:1

View attachment Sales%_2005-2006.pdf

Bob you are absolutely exact in this statistics: 20 Sols and 4 Skys :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
16,000,000 cars are sold each year (brand new)
22,000 kappas -- for every 1000 brand new car you see you MIGHT see a Kappa -- rare? Sure

Even Corvette makes 35,000 a year and how many Brand New Vettes do you see?? To top it if they have 500,000 on teh road Sky/Sol have 0

·
Registered
153 Posts
Too much math for me...had to kick off my shoes on those last few posts...:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
669 Posts
There is a Sly Solstice 2 houses from me, and an Envious 2 blocks away.
Three Kappas within 1/4 mile...what are the odds? (Besides 1,3,5,7...):D

·
Registered
422 Posts
qwack said:
There is a Sly Solstice 2 houses from me, and an Envious 2 blocks away.
Three Kappas within 1/4 mile...what are the odds? (Besides 1,3,5,7...):D
Maybe there is a Kappa magnet in your area, you should be careful not to clash with that magnet :jester:

·
Registered
225 Posts
In southern Indy, I'll see about 3 Sols if I drive all day Sat. w/ great weather. I've only seen 1 Sky once on the road. Of course, this excludes the time I saw someone take home their new Sky from the dealership and the time I saw a truckload of Kappas after delivering to my dealership.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts