Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so many of you have had your Sky's for a while now. And the Solstice guys even longer. And there seem to be a few of you out there that know there way around a car. So has anyone ordered or tried to order the manuals for the Sky yet? I've been told they are on CD. I have a burner!:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I tried to get one from my parts department, unavailable and didn't know when they would be, if they would be, because the info is on a (module?) that is tied into their computer system. Mechanics get all info online thryu the computer, for the SKY, I can't really explaing it in high tech terms, I am a dinosaur in a high tech age, but I will go back again and ask for the correct terminlogy sometime.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Asked that question at Downers Grove and was told that CD is only like 1400.00 dollars and not really for public consumption. I think I will wait for after market manuels. Besides if it was put together I can take it apart. ..Skip...now weather it is still good after that is an open subject....:lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Skip said:
Asked that question at Downers Grove and was told that CD is only like 1400.00 dollars and not really for public consumption. I think I will wait for after market manuels. Besides if it was put together I can take it apart. ..Skip...now weather it is still good after that is an open subject....:lol: :lol:
:lol: I like your methods Skip. I'm kinda in the same boat, I can take ANYTHING apart. But Putting it back, that's another story.

·
Registered
78 Posts
gm will never make another paper manual again. GM DealerWorld is a technicians source for every vehicle they make. Im pretty sure there would be some big repercussions if i gave out my login info, but please ask my all of your questions and i would be more than happy to look them up.

·
Registered
203 Posts
SkyTech said:
gm will never make another paper manual again. GM DealerWorld is a technicians source for every vehicle they make. Im pretty sure there would be some big repercussions if i gave out my login info, but please ask my all of your questions and i would be more than happy to look them up.
This VERY generous of you! Can you get into check on order status too, or do you need the individual dealer login?

·
Registered
119 Posts
SkyTech said:
Where is the XM module located?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
For now, Kappa owners are screwed. There are no generally available shop manuals. But there is hope.

There are two repair shop grade information systems available, but they are generally way to expensive for a "hobbiest" to own. The products are Mitchell/Shopkey and Alldata. I do, as a Snap-On dealer, have access to Shopkey OnLine. The good news is 2006 Solstice and Sky are covered. Alldata does sell model specific disks to individuals but only up through 2005 at this time.

Some parts stores do have Alldata (Autozone) or Mitchell on computers at their stores. You might be able to access information with local parts stores, but it is generally fee based. Also, if you are on good terms with a local repair shop they may share some of the same information with you.

The same issue comes up with scan tools. NO aftermarket scanners (Snap-On, OTC, or anybody else) will have vin specific information for at least another year. The only aftermarket scanner data that will be available will be "generic" OBD2. Only dealers will have factory vehicle specific scan tools.

So, as sources of information come available we will just need to share the discoveries!!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So the manuals arn't on CD? They use the internet to access the manuals? I guess that could be good for GM and the dealers since they can update them as required. Bad for us though.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
twirp said:
Go to www.helminc.com and follow the directions, if you put in Solstice you get a lot better idea of prices. It will be available soon.
Thanks for the link, I will keep an eye on this site until it's release. :thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts