Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
This is a mod from Germany made for the Opel version in Europe. I ordered one several years ago and it vastly improves the lifting of the trunk lid. Off the shelve struts and brackets will not complete the install. Do a search in this site on:
GT Manufaktur Gas spring for trunk lid

·
Administrator
8,249 Posts
That strut and brackets look to be what someone was getting to do their own version of the real one. Additional parts and work would definitely be needed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a mod from Germany made for the Opel version in Europe. I ordered one several years ago and it vastly improves the lifting of the trunk lid. Off the shelve struts and brackets will not complete the install. Do a search in this site on:
Yessir, I've seen those. These parts were for a poor man's version of the same thing. Someplace there's a page showing how these parts are used to do the same thing, I just can't locate it now.
Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not familiar with the mod, but if your problem is the trunk lid not popping opening enough, or not staying fully open, there is a simple solution.
Just add two 3" coil springs from Home depot. One sping on each end, connected to the bracket levers and the long rod.

I keep detailed notes on my '08 Red Line, but could not find the how, when and where, of that suggestion in my 17 word documents. So I just measured my springs. For at least 8 years it's worked well, even in moderate wind.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not familiar with the mod, but if your problem is the trunk lid not popping opening enough, or not staying fully open, there is a simple solution.
Just add two 3" coil springs from Home depot. One sping on each end, connected to the bracket levers and the long rod.

I keep detailed notes on my '08 Red Line, but could not find the how, when and where, of that suggestion in my 17 word documents. So I just measured my springs. For at least 8 years it's worked well, even in moderate wind.

Hope that helps.
Thanks SH, I'll probably go with the spring trick until I figure out how to mount the strut(s). Your feedback is appreciated.
Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts