Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,532 Posts
I logged in today for the first time since April, 2015. As I mentioned in my parting post, I stopped contributing to the content and the revenue generated by ad impressions because one a-hole was ****ting all over the site and the people in charge refused to do anything about it. Judging from the PMs I got after that, which I only just read today, I'm not the only one who went and found other venues to discuss and get support on the Kappas.

I have no idea what's gone on since April, but I'm surprised to see anyone wondering why long-time participants here have stopped participating. Many of us were asking and begging for the situation with Mike to get handled and when it didn't, we left.

·
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I logged in today for the first time since April, 2015. As I mentioned in my parting post, I stopped contributing to the content and the revenue generated by ad impressions because one a-hole was ****ting all over the site and the people in charge refused to do anything about it. Judging from the PMs I got after that, which I only just read today, I'm not the only one who went and found other venues to discuss and get support on the Kappas.

I have no idea what's gone on since April, but I'm surprised to see anyone wondering why long-time participants here have stopped participating. Many of us were asking and begging for the situation with Mike to get handled and when it didn't, we left.
If you knew the guy I'm sure you would take it all in fun.
Why do you think the old timers here that know him personally like him.
Better yet,
Name one person in this forum that knows Mike personally and don't like him?
You and others are taking it to the extreme by not logging onto this site because one person upsets you, just don't read his post its that easy then to avoid a place you like coming to...

·
Super Moderator
11,118 Posts

Glad you came back for a bit lorennerol and hope you come back again to read this.

A while ago after I was reinstated as a Moderator, I started trying to clean up the attitudes on the forum. It had gotten very negative and not very enjoyable. New people weren't sticking around and old timers like you were leaving. There were a number of contributions to the problem and I tried to address them all. Eventually, I had to resort to banning a few members for about 7 days each. Mike was one of those that got a ban. While all the rest came back and have contributed in a positive fashion for the most part, Mike has yet to make a post since. It's his choice but he did get the message that the negativity his posts often incited were no longer going to be tolerated.

Since that time, new membership has risen, those members have stuck around, forum traffic and participation are up, and we have a number of members, including some of the new folks, doing some incredible builds and making some great contributions and additions to even old topics.

If you start coming back around maybe you'll see things have changed.

If you knew the guy I'm sure you would take it all in fun.
Why do you think the old timers here that know him personally like him.
Better yet,
Name one person in this forum that knows Mike personally and don't like him?
You and others are taking it to the extreme by not logging onto this site because one person upsets you, just don't read his post its that easy then to avoid a place you like coming to...
That's just it MARVIC, you shouldn't have to get to know someone in person to tolerate their antics online. I have a pretty thick skin and, in comparison to the Harley forums I've participated in, Mike is a softy. But I also understand this community isn't a hard riding biker community either and the manner of Mike's posts and the general atmosphere they created did drive down participation in the forum. We're seeing that now by how the absence of those kinds of posts are encouraging new members to participate.

We have someone improving on the rear view mirror modification.

We have a new member doing an LS7 twin turbo swap.

We have a new member sharing with us his Vauxhall visual modifications.

We didn't have that kind of participation and this kind of activity when I first came back. Like I said, personally I had no issue with Mike and understood him fairly well but that didn't change what his kinds of posts were doing to the forum.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The funny part is you have Canadians on there posting comments on who we Americans should vote for by posting nasty stuff about a particular political party.
I personally don't get drawn into political fights here or there. We all vote for whomever we think will benefit us the most. The one advantage we have (and believe me, it's a big one) is that our elections only last only 60-80 days where as the American clowns drag it out for over a year. If I watch FOX, CBS, ABC or NBC I have to put up with all the stupid rhetoric that all of them seem to spew.

Terry
:cheers:

·
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I personally don't get drawn into political fights here or there. We all vote for whomever we think will benefit us the most. The one advantage we have (and believe me, it's a big one) is that our elections only last only 60-80 days where as the American clowns drag it out for over a year. If I watch FOX, CBS, ABC or NBC I have to put up with all the stupid rhetoric that all of them seem to spew.

Terry
Yes I see you guys had lots of time (60-80 days) to elect some liberal that will take you down the same road we are heading these last 7 years, enjoy the ride...
Also,
Give thanks that you guys get the chance to watch U.S. American TV or you'll be stuck with some corny British or French garbage... :lol:

Vic

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Yes I see you guys had lots of time (60-80 days) to elect some liberal that will take you down the same road we are heading these last 7 years, enjoy the ride...
Also,
Give thanks that you guys get the chance to watch U.S. American TV or you'll be stuck with some corny British or French garbage... :lol:

Vic
Don't forget, they'd still have Property Brothers, Love It Or List It, and Highway to Hell. :lol:

·
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Canucks are in Trouble!

Don't forget, they'd still have Property Brothers, Love It Or List It, and Highway to Hell. :lol:
Ahhh! but do these Canucks have HBO or ShowTime!
I think we need a large signal jamming fence to keep our podcast from getting into Canada..
Need to talk to my friends Donald Trump to build it and get Tomato Soup on the designing details...

:jester:

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Heh! Funnily enough, my day job is IPTV (TV transmission over Ethernet). My group has pretty much all the Canadian cable/TV providers as customers :) (Amurcan ones too.)

Otherwise, Vic, I'd be on your project like flies on you-know-what :D

·
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Heh! Funnily enough, my day job is IPTV (TV transmission over Ethernet). My group has pretty much all the Canadian cable/TV providers as customers :) (Amurcan ones too.)

Otherwise, Vic, I'd be on your project like flies on you-know-what :D
Mark, are you saying you work for the streaming internet shows?
For example: Ive seen small Amazon boxes that are able to pickup PayPerView or just about any TV broadcasting show out there for free...

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
That's the same type of core technology, but mostly we do a whole bunch of stuff with the big cable/internet service providers, converting their live TV and OnDemand content and allowing it to traverse their internet backbones to get out to the PoPs and to you the customer over your house cable/fiber connection.

Boy, this thread took a sharp left turn! :)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
That's the same type of core technology, but mostly we do a whole bunch of stuff with the big cable/internet service providers, converting their live TV and OnDemand content and allowing it to traverse their internet backbones to get out to the PoPs and to you the customer over your house cable/fiber connection.

Boy, this thread took a sharp left turn! :)
Hey...could you route Episode 2 of Killing Fields that was supposed to be available On Demand through 2/16 on over to my house?!? I was able to watch episode 1 this weekend and then went to download episode 2 and it suddenly disappeared!

Thanks TS!!! :cheers:

You know I'll log in for a good thread :hijack: !!!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts