21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
What heck with this weather? Pretty hard to enjoy the Sky with this :

Ice Storm Warning
Effective: 4/14/2018 2:00 PM
Expires: 4/15/2018 2:00 PM

...ICE STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 2 PM EDT SUNDAY... * WHAT...Significant icing and gusty winds are expected. Total ice accumulations of around one half inch are expected.

This is just West of us. We are supposed to get half of that. YUCK!
10 inches of snow mixed with ice pellets last night absolutely had to use the snow blower this morning just to get my daily drivers out the driveway.where's this global warming?:surprise:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
...ICE STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 2 PM EDT SUNDAY... * WHAT...Significant icing and gusty winds are expected. Total ice accumulations of around one half inch are expected.
We dodged that bullet. About an 1/8" most places. Some power outages that were restored in a few hrs. This Thursday may be almost 60..... may get 'er out for a quick warmup. :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So this picture of @jgassor and I getting ready to go autocross this weekend in 80-90 degree weather probably is a bit different from your weekend drive?
I can only dream of that kind of weekend. Still getting snow this week

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
YAY, TWO WHOLE DAYS OF SKY, PERMAGRIN WEATHER in 'ol UpState.
70 on Monday, took a day off. Unplugged the battery minder, backed into the driveway and let it run 10 minutes.
A hand wash, chrome rim shine, tire shine and off to the bank (THE BACK WAY) Just perfect temp to go TOP-LESS.
Later, Someone called and needed a ride. Of course we went in the SKY.:driving:

Today, it was an excuse to go to the grocery store TOPLESS, I always park out a bit out from others.
I followed a lady out and she kept looking the SKY over. She saw me getting in and said "REALLY CUTE CAR"

I am not sure she understood me say thank you through the permagrin.:grin:

May have thought I was speaking Chinese

·
Premium Member
5,298 Posts
The phrase that I hate worse than anything I have heard about a car. I heard it for the first few months I had mine and it drove me nuts. I have tried to make mine look aggressive yet stylish. Cute is not what a car is supposed to be unless it is carrying a bunch of clowns. Now you must also know that the wife's car is called Skyttles. So when driving with her I hear the CUTE (4 letter word) a lot. But I have not heard it about mine in over 3.5 years. The normal comment now, coming from young kids is. That is a mean/Badass car. Got what I was going for. Hope to have it look a lot meaner in the next few days and get the Turbo figured out to the the RWHP up to 375 or so. It should be perfect!! But deffinetly not CUTE!! lol

A little history on this. The wife has 3 girl friends that take cruises together all over the world, they are almost like sisters. They plan the trips and celebrate birthdays and on one of those nights you can hear the word Cute a thousdand times while they open their presents!!! It drives us all crazy.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I agree with skersfan here... Cute? Aww Hell No... It's not a Miata. A small two seat roadster, that's cute.. a chick car.. I think not. Bang for buck... gets my vote. Then the whoosh factor takes over... and the " cute car " is left far behind in the rear view mirror... zoom zoom baby.

About to make another run down to Summit Point this weekend. National SCCA event. Weather looks great too. I went to the track two weeks ago, and saw a Red Sky w/tan top parked in the pits. Missed the license plate, so I don't know if the owner is part of this forum? Sorry I didn't get a photo of the car.

Sorry I didn't stop and talk to the owner too, something about fast ass Camaro's blistering the track, seeing old friends, adult beverages, wonderful weekend drive, about to do it all over again this weekend too! Will try to get pics if I can posted here..

Outside of crazy times here on the farm... good weather has got me out working on my Sky again. My daughter and her family & friends are due here next weekend, So.... this weekend I get to play some. Almost Go-Pro time too. Got to make it back to Canal Rd. too this season... pure permagrin if I ever saw one. Road level cam, if I can this time around? LAC Films on You Tube.

LAC

·
Registered
318 Posts
I went nowhere. It rained all weekend, so I ran some errands in it on Monday. There was a chance of rain yesterday so I didn't drive it. It rained all day so I haven't driven it.

Skersfan, thank you for the exposition on "cute": I had a female friend (not a car person) call it "cute" just 2 weeks ago. A different female friend who IS a car person had much better adjectives to describe it. LAC Sky, this is one of the reasons I didn't want a Miata!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
LOL I rarely get cute anymore. Did for a while haven't in a long time. I'm okay with cute so long as the person proclaiming it fits the descriptor as well. LOL
THEN you ask if she would like a ride.......:wink:

No Fat Chicks

·
Registered
521 Posts
I don't believe you could get a fat chic in our cars without petroleum jelly and a shoe horn. In 9 months I have not heard CUTE yet. I hear WOW and WHAT IS THAT and MAN YOU DONT SEE MANY OF THOSE ANY MORE. I don't think my Sky is cute. Quietly awesome seems to fit better.

·
Registered
318 Posts
cute

THEN you ask if she would like a ride.......:wink:

No Fat Chicks
Why "No Fat Chicks"?! And who draws the line/where IS the line? Everyone should be allowed to enjoy the car - just like we do. I guess when/if I grace the cover of a fashion mag (or get paid based on my looks), I'll feel as cavailer. The lady that said it was "cute" is a pretty, big girl; the other is a pretty, small girl (kinda reminds me of that Betty Boop lady I met in Lex). If one wasn't in FL and the other in UT, I'd take them both for a spin in the car.

AND I'm not offended as it might seem...just making a point and scratching my head a bit.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts