Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Most any auto paint or detailing shop can hook you up. Just open up the yellow pages and start making some calls.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Oh...and pinstriping is really cheap to do. Just don't let the dealer do it. They mark it up like 5 times.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
For pinstriping go to any good custom paint shop. They usually have several guys on staff or guys that they can call.

For pinstripping I recomend Bubba's KittyKat Club and Bowl-a-Rama on Route 2.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I like pin striping on some cars but I have doubts about putting it on a Sky or Solstice or for that matter any roadster. If you do it please post some pictures. I'd like to see it.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Call me Mr. Retro -- but some flames out of the side vents across part of the door -- might be interesting...

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
I'm with you Rick, this is a poor example of what they could look like. We have a place here in Sacramento the that will paint on flames that really look like flames.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
fkeillor said:
I'm with you Rick, this is a poor example of what they could look like. We have a place here in Sacramento the that will paint on flames that really look like flames.
Yeah you got 1t -- with the Yellow SKY -- nice orangy/red fire would look cool...:cool:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
fkeillor said:
What do you mean by POOR example?? only so much you can do with Microsoft paint...LOL that was one of my first pictures i did of the Sky... those "Real Flames" are very hard and expensive to have done .
I usually just buy the tape stripes and put them on myself and then if I want to change them later i peal them off and put new ones on... they only cost about 8 bucks and a little paitence to put them on, and they will last around 5 years before needing replacement...

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
What do you mean by POOR example??...
Hey Tim, Sorry about that.:eek: Didn't mean to put down your art work. I realize that there isn't a lot you can do with MS paint. It's still better than I could have done. Please forgive me.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I would go down to an auto parts place and find some vinyl pin striping. It comes on a roll and is sticky on one side. Just start at the front of the car and go to the back while lightly pressing down the stripe as you go. Just follow the natural curve. If you like the look, either finish it yourself, or have a more studied person do it. If you don't like the look, just pull it off. It is easy to take off within a day or so. Less than $6 will give you a good chance to see what it will be like.
Pin striping with a vinyl roll or painting the stripes on are 6 of one and a 1/2 dozen of the other as far as which is better. I owned a company that did both vinyl printing and painting (sold it last year). If you want flames to look great...find someone who can air brush them on, no spray paint job! You will have a look 2nd to none and it will look like you need to call the fire dept. Stay away from the printed vinyl if possible unless you are doing a large part of the car. The vinyl is really nice (especially if you have a section that gets ruined...you just re-print the section and reapply), but it isn't as nice as a good air brushing. Normal painting with a brush is done by 1000's of guys, and looks ok, but it never has a good edge and chips quite fast. A good quality air brush artist can be found, just make sure they have done autos before and take a look at their work (photos) before letting them start. They will normally work for many hours as air brushers tend to be perfectionists. Make sure you agree on a price ahead of time...and not by the hour.
My 2 cents if anyone is asking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts