Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my Sky on order, I'm trying to figure out where to store it since I'm presently out of garage space and driving it to/from a downtown storage facility at the end of the season was one of the reasons I sold my '67 GTO a few years back (which is why I'm in need of a new fun car ... but I digress).

At the recent Back To The 50's show here I checked a garage lift so I could stack 2 cars, which seems to be a good option ... considerably cheaper than adding on!

Just curious what others do and if anyone uses such a lift.

Scott / Minneapolis

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
We bought our new house with a 3 car garage. Only two drivers in the house, the 3rd bay was for the toys!

·
Registered
295 Posts
you could store it in my garage...just leave the keys

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nolates, you ARE a good friend! LOL, thx for offer!

SkyHi; oh, a 3 car garage w/2 drivers, that's living! We have my wife, our 18 yr old daughter who just bought her first car, the Harley, the garden tractor and mounds of junk! Enjoy our space; I'm envious!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I also rent a 12 X 50 storage shed for the Boat, and tow vehicle. Might have to get another stall out there for MORE toys!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
We are going to put in a lift as soon as we get the barn built...... hopefully before the winter.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
77 Posts
I toooo will have 2 put in. . . humm . . . Can we get a muti-car-club discount!!:lol: Im in no hurry since my baby is somewhere in the sky birthing oven .....Hey anyway we can tell where it is in the plant(oven):willy:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am looking at a company in Canada that claims they can put a lift into a standard garage with some "minor" modifications. Will write back to the forun once I get costs and details.... I've been waiting for 6 months going to want to keep my baby close once I get her.....

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I HAVE ONE....AND LOVE IT!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I know how to down load, dang it you can teach and old do***
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
77 Posts
OMG!! IS THAT YOUR GARAGE!!! :eek: I GOTTA A LOT OF CLEANING TO DO!!:willy: Do the wall stripes go with the lift!! Also the tracks in front how long are they? are they automatic?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Store???? I park mine in the driveway... no Garage or anything... easy access to zip off into the early morning air or late evening drives...

·
Registered
26 Posts
MRSVIPER said:
I HAVE ONE....AND LOVE IT!

Looks great - is that a double garage... does the lift impact on the amount of space for a car to sit beside it... Looks like a pretty simple install at least based on the pictures..

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

Like dominio's, This area that the vipers are in is part of a 3 car garage. BUT with the hoist it only takes up space for a 1 car... stacked on top of each other we have room for my SKY, and my daughters Jeep!...when the kiddies were little we kept that garage door closed, and there bike, big wheeels, and tiny little fingerprints off our cars :lol: . This hoist my husband and buddy installed. Its powered by a compressor. We change our own oil and can get a birdseye view of the underneath. This idea opens a whole new world to car fanatics like us!! :cheers:
to answer your question regarding the color of the garage, well I think my husband painted to match his 96 viper......B]

·
Registered
26 Posts
MRSVIPER said:

Like dominio's, This area that the vipers are in is part of a 3 car garage. BUT with the hoist it only takes up space for a 1 car... stacked on top of each other we have room for my SKY, and my daughters Jeep!...when the kiddies were little we kept that garage door closed, and there bike, big wheeels, and tiny little fingerprints off our cars :lol: . This hoist my husband and buddy installed. Its powered by a compressor. We change our own oil and can get a birdseye view of the underneath. This idea opens a whole new world to car fanatics like us!! :cheers:
to answer your question regarding the color of the garage, well I think my husband painted to match his 96 viper......the kicker is there is a drain in the garage so we can cwash our cars and dry them in the winter, heat too!!!!!

Thanks so much - great pictures showing both cars. I will show this to the guy I am dealing with to show him the picture of success... Now my baby will be able to stay home. Now I will have rooom for the growing "fleet" as my wife likes to call it.... With just the two of us iS 4 cars excessive.. :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Northern Lights said:
Thanks so much - great pictures showing both cars. I will show this to the guy I am dealing with to show him the picture of success... Now my baby will be able to stay home. Now I will have rooom for the growing "fleet" as my wife likes to call it.... With just the two of us iS 4 cars excessive.. :)
I dont think 4 cars excessive but my 5 trucks and cars is excessive.... Skip... only one who drives.....because it is only me.....:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
77 Posts
MRSVIPER!! I have another question what is the height of the rack and the height with the car? (my daughter tooo have a Jeep L.) hummm I have 16 ft. ceilings in my Garage, now I have a huge loft for storage...that i can walk around in, of course that will now be gone .... humm now the thought of moving stuff to a local storage area yuk!!:eek: humm the thought of a non-professional to install :willy: ....

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
you guys have some serious coin! Lifts, and vipers...

this will surprise ya'll....
I have sky on order, and i dont even OWN a garage!!!

I'm prob gonna get one of those temporary tent garages....

Best I can do. I'm not ready to build a 35k garage for a 30k car.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
OK, I JUST MEASURED CEILING TO FLOOR...9FT 10 INCHES.....also remember a standard garage door installed would have to be modified to accept clearance over the cars.....there's alot of measuring involved. When both cars are in the clearance from the ceiling to the roadster is literally inches......:eek: , also the lights in the garage must have clearance as well.

I am sure my husband would of loved to work with more variance, but that is code in our area, we max it to the limit.....:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts