Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have one of the TransPod iPod chargers in my Sky, and while driving with the top down the other day, I noticed that my iPod was being blasted by the sun. (Dumb of me not to think of it before, but my old SLK convertible had the iPod stowed away in the center console safe from the sun). I don't know if this is bad for the iPod, but I figure it can't be great. I was contemplating placing it in the under-seat pocket but I was just wondering for those of you with iPods/mp3 players hooked up...where do you keep yours while you drive?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
I have mine in a leather cover and just use a cable to plug it into the aux input jack, then I usually just wedge it under the e-brake. It stays put pretty well. When I get out of the car, I just unplug it and tuck it into the passenger seat pocket.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I also have leather cover for mine and just leave it in the pocket of the pasenger seat most of the time. If I want to change something I typically can reach it pretty easily.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the Transpod, too, and haven't had any issue with the sun hurting
the i-pod screen yet, but then again I've only had the car for three months.

I bought the Transpod because there were no other good options for
places to keep it while driving. I used to put it in the space between the stick and the stereo, but found that when I made sharp turns it flew across the car, came unplugged and smacked against the passenger's side door....which is probably worse for it than the sun beating down on it. :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I have an itty-bitty SAMSUNG MP3 player and an 18" cable that allows me to stow it away in the passenger seat flap - a perfect place for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts