Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who live in apartments or condos, I'm curious where you wash your car. Lugging everything to the quarter car wash just to use their hose is a bit of a pain in the....

·
Registered
483 Posts
belletire said:
For those of you who live in apartments or condos, I'm curious where you wash your car. Lugging everything to the quarter car wash just to use their hose is a bit of a pain in the....
I live in an apartment, and I often bring my car to my dealer a few miles away. They offer free car washes as long as you own the car. On weekends I wash it myself at my Dad's house. I've got it pretty easy, I know :D .

·
Registered
804 Posts
Just find a nice looking house with the automatic sprinkler system going and park in the yard for a couple minutes...:lol:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
We have a handwash crew in my parking structure... same ownership since I've been there and I've always been happy with their quality, service and price, HOWEVER, I actually washed, waxed, windexed, shined (the leather) and cleaned the 20" chrome wheels on my car, MYSELF just last night at 10pm, in preparation for the big ride on Sunday. See, that was just the prep.... I still have to vacuum and do the "once over" before I leave. I absolutely LOVE washing my car, especially at night. It's the one time I know that I won't be bothered, stared at, etc. and it's just me and my car. I decided to wash it last minute, when I felt guilty for not going to the gym, so that was my night activity and it looks fabulous!!!! Great question too. I look forward to additional responses.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
belletire said:
I do it in my parking spot. I'm fortunate to have the parking spot next to mine empty because that unit is vacant. It's been REAL nice having all of that space and no concerns about getting dings, etc.

·
Registered
540 Posts
belletire said:

I live in a house - but when I was in college a couple of us apartment girls would go over to a friends house and wash our cars. We took our own supplies and washed his car also. He LOVED it! his girlfriend didnt love it so much but oh well :D So do you have a friend with a house you could go to ??? Its really fun to have a saturday am get together and wash and wax 3 or 4 cars :thumbs: My old lady version is me, my hubby and son on Saturday mornings washing everything we own, he he.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
I take Ol Blue to Goo-Goo car wash. They recycle and filter their water and clean all the time. Tant had no leaks and the management knows me by name and yes some lucky girl gets to go with me through the car wash with the music thumping and whatnot......Skip... love it and my baby comes out clean......:cool: :cool:

·
Super Moderator
11,550 Posts
I use the quarter do it yourself places all the time. I pack up all my stuff in the trunk before I go...basically just need leather cleaner, window cleaner, tire stuff, some soft, clean rags, and a chamouis (or however you spell it). On days like Sunday where we have that run I'll take some wax and do that as well. Nice little buffer (if they have power...will check that out tomorrow...maybe I'll just hand buff it)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
I always go to my retailer since it is free... they still have a person to do it there... some Saturn locations have automatic ones now... unless it is one of the touchless/"Laser" ones, I wouldn't suggest the automatics though. :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
belletire said:
I'm curious where you wash your car...
All over. I pay particular attention to the underbody where the road grime accumulates.

·
Registered
420 Posts
belletire said:
I use the quarter wash as well.
I just bring along my chammy, those blue paper shop towels, some glass cleaner, & tire dressing w/ applicator.

Heck, one time I even saw a Ferrari 360 owner there as well! All the booths were taken and I was washing my Miata at the time and he was behind me waiting, hehehe.

And now this thread has got me thinking of that disco song, "At the Car Wash" :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mr. Clean car wash system

I just purchased a Mr. Clean car wash system as I heard that the ionized water rinse essentually gives you a spotless drip dry. I am actually very impressed! It works very well! Even the soap application makes cleaning the car easier. I bought the pro kit at walmart for $24.88 and it includes a wash mitt. soap, filter, case, and nozzel. It has a great spray pattern, and I just can't get over the spotless rinse with filtered water. Without it, all the water that collects in those fake front diamond grills, eventually drips out and spots the bumper. Doesn't leave a spot with this system. Also, the chrome wheels and glass are absolutly spotless after air drying! I was told the filters were expensive, but found them to be quite reasonable. A 10 wash filter is 5.95. $.50 a wash - well worth it.

Check it out - I'm a believer!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Turk said:
I just purchased a Mr. Clean car wash system as I heard that the ionized water rinse essentually gives you a spotless drip dry. I am actually very impressed! It works very well! Even the soap application makes cleaning the car easier. I bought the pro kit at walmart for $24.88 and it includes a wash mitt. soap, filter, case, and nozzel. It has a great spray pattern, and I just can't get over the spotless rinse with filtered water. Without it, all the water that collects in those fake front diamond grills, eventually drips out and spots the bumper. Doesn't leave a spot with this system. Also, the chrome wheels and glass are absolutly spotless after air drying! I was told the filters were expensive, but found them to be quite reasonable. A 10 wash filter is 5.95. $.50 a wash - well worth it.

That's pretty cool, now if I only I had a garden hose setup. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Filter life

Turk said:

The filters may last longer if you remove the filter during wash and only put it back it to rinse as the instructions indicate - but I don't bother - I just leave it in the whole time. And one of these days I will get my whole house water softener fixed so I will be using softened and filtered water on my car (that is when I get a Sky - currently I get free auto-matic wash at the Honda dealer).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts