Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I can’t tell you where it goes but it should definitely be plugged somewhere. I don’t recall seeing a loose terminal by the master cylinder. Look around for the female terminal. Might even go underneath the coolant reservoir. Not sure.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hard to say what that terminal plug is. Close to the master cylinder, not part of the HP fuel pump?

Battery is ok? Fuses all good? Ground wire connections corroded?

Even if you do re-connect that plug, were there any other signs or conditions about it not starting? I wonder how.. that plug became disconnected in the first place? Any work done on the engine by yourself or others lately?

Hang in there someone here will have an answer for you. John or TS or Robo will know the electrical stuff for our cars. I'll see if can find a parts drawing on the engine bay, might give a clue to what it does, concerning the starting system, if that's it?

LAC

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hard to say what that terminal plug is. Close to the master cylinder, not part of the HP fuel pump?

Battery is ok? Fuses all good? Ground wire connections corroded?

Even if you do re-connect that plug, were there any other signs or conditions about it not starting? I wonder how.. that plug became disconnected in the first place? Any work done on the engine by yourself or others lately?

Hang in there someone here will have an answer for you. John or TS or Robo will know the electrical stuff for our cars. I'll see if can find a parts drawing on the engine bay, might give a clue to what it does, concerning the starting system, if that's it?

LAC
The battery and fuses are fine. The ground wires will be checked along with this diagram in the morning. Do you have an explanation of what the numbers means next to the plugs? Basically I need the key to the numbers, without it I am lost.

·
Super Moderator
5,725 Posts
The battery and fuses are fine. The ground wires will be checked along with this diagram in the morning. Do you have an explanation of what the numbers means next to the plugs? Basically I need the key to the numbers, without it I am lost.
If you are referring to the drawings that LAC posted, the numbers next to the plugs reference the plug to the engine harness/location drawing.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I think these references to what plug does what on those drawings. Sorry forgot it the other day. My bad.

1st drawing: https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=2675232&ukey_assembly=365400

2nd drawing : https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=2876127&ukey_assembly=390110&ukey_make=1031&ukey_model=14670&ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=25919&modelYear=2008

Hope they help some? Could be a host of issues. Anti-theft. Neutral safety switch. Ignition related, timing, click click.. Electrical gremlins hiding everywhere.

What if anything changed from the last time it started.. to the time when it didn't start? IF nothing is different, and a electrical connection part failed, could be trial and error, or days searching and head scratching moments ahead. Might be just simple thing.. then again might be expensive too. If you get it started, you want to check if there are any codes thrown, or have a diagnostic check done...on the whole electrical wire harness engine related.

LAC

·
Super Moderator
5,725 Posts
@geonico : Do your windshield wipers work? I looked over that area of my '08 RL and have only found two 3-pin connectors. One is plugged into the vacuum switch on the front of the brake booster diaphragm housing, and the other is plugged into the windshield wiper under the cowl and just above the brake master cylinder.

When you say it won't start what do you mean? What happens? What doesn't happen? Is it an auto or a manual?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
JohnWR, I have an auto redline... I used a power probe at the starter and the vehicle will crank but not start. I also found another plug disconnected. The security key notification remains lit on the dash and the blue bright light notification remains lit also... Am I locked out.. anti theft?

·
Super Moderator
5,725 Posts
..... The security key notification remains lit on the dash and the blue bright light notification remains lit also... Am I locked out.. anti theft?
My initial response is yes, you are locked out.

Do you have the correct key? What has happened since the last time you were able to start it?

·
Super Moderator
5,725 Posts
So, I re-read some of your other posts and it seems you bought the cars not running. Have you checked for codes? There should be one or more active DTCs to go with your immobilizer warning light.

You also mentioned the high beams and high beam indicator being on constantly. One thing the two functions have in common is the BCM, so water damage is a definite possibility.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, I re-read some of your other posts and it seems you bought the cars not running. Have you checked for codes? There should be one or more active DTCs to go with your immobilizer warning light.

You also mentioned the high beams and high beam indicator being on constantly. One thing the two functions have in common is the BCM, so water damage is a definite possibility.
The battery dies while trying to get DTC.... The bcm did get wet due to the previous owner leaving the top down. I have the correct. key but no fob... I will see if I can find someone in Tampa bay with a Techstream or just take it to the dealer on Tuesday. Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
One thing for sure is you need to make sure the battery is charged and will hold it. The Redline is very picky about
a good battery. Eliminate that for sure. It being able to crank is not good enough to tell battery condition. Use a volt meter. Even that might not tell if a cell is fried. It should be around 12.7 volts when fully charged.

·
Registered
388 Posts
If you're trying to read your codes with the headlights on, it's simple, unplug them. The battery should be good enough to pull your codes. Even if it takes over a 1/2 hour!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts