Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
our sky is for my wife today she asked me where the spare tire is ??? can some one tell me where it is so i can tell her thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
No spare tire - Just some fix-a-flat stuff.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
There is an air pump velcroed (spelling) in the truck drivers side. It is a combo tire inflator on one side and fix a flat on the other. Plugs into the cigaret lighter. Just hope ya dont get a flat, tires are mucho expensive :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
datonamanmike said:
our sky is for my wife today she asked me where the spare tire is ??? can some one tell me where it is so i can tell her thanks
I don't know about you but my spare tire is around my waist. And ya know it keeps on getting bigger like someone done forgot to take the airpump off. Hehehehehehehehe Skip. crazy on a friday nite.....:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Skip said:
I don't know about you but my spare tire is around my waist. And ya know it keeps on getting bigger like someone done forgot to take the airpump off. Hehehehehehehehe Skip. crazy on a friday nite.....:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Your on a roll tonight baby.... :D

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
Unfortunately, Skip's spare tire won't fit the the SKY's trunk-so you'll have to make do with this-a fix-a-flat kit tucked into the rear of the trunk, so you can get to the nearest tire store and work out at payment plan for the new tires you'll need:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
show me a "roadster" with room for a spare tire, and i'll show you a 4-seater convertible......just isn't enough room....................:cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
NCBlue said:
Unfortunately, Skip's spare tire won't fit the the SKY's trunk-so you'll have to make do with this-a fix-a-flat kit tucked into the rear of the trunk, so you can get to the nearest tire store and work out at payment plan for the new tires you'll need:eek:
My spare is about a size 44 But ya could cut it in half and get r dun.... Skip....

·
Registered
804 Posts
datonamanmike said:
Most people won't ever use a spare tire anyway. The way they make the tires now is so much better than the previous century. If there is a problem, you can always use the "OnStar" button, incl. for the first year with your car, to have someone come out to help you out. Nice feature for a person who is nervous about trying to fix a flat by them selves.
If you do blow a tire, sidewall ect., the cost of the tires for the Sky will range from about $200 to $350 each- depending upon who you buy them from. Look around at the various tire stores- they all have the same tire, but not the same service for the prices.

·
Registered
262 Posts
datonamanmike said:
Why would she care? I mean, if she is like any of the women that I know, they would just call the men in their lives and say, "The tire is flat. Come and bring the other car so I can take it to work. And while you're here, you can fix the flat tire.":D

·
Registered
39 Posts
My wife asked the other day...

Kustomkaps said:
Most people won't ever use a spare tire anyway. The way they make the tires now is so much better than the previous century. If there is a problem, you can always use the "OnStar" button, incl. for the first year with your car, to have someone come out to help you out. Nice feature for a person who is nervous about trying to fix a flat by them selves.
If you do blow a tire, sidewall ect., the cost of the tires for the Sky will range from about $200 to $350 each- depending upon who you buy them from. Look around at the various tire stores- they all have the same tire, but not the same service for the prices.
Your car is kind of small, "where do they keep the spare tire"?... I don't know dear, who cares! And they look pretty big,!!.. Yes they do dear, thats for road hugging... And what if you bury one in a Pot-Hole like I did a while back and it cant be repaired ? what do they cost?.... Ahhhhh .....CRAP....Is that the phone ringing dear????

·
Registered
41 Posts
Chili Pepper Girl said:
I test drove one here in Tulsa, Oklahoma and the dealer told me they are run flat tires.
The dealer was wrong:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:.
SKY does not come with run flats, either standard or optional.
FYI, run-flats are not standard on the new Miata either.
Not having a spare saves room and weight in a two-seater.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Chili Pepper Girl said:
I test drove one here in Tulsa, Oklahoma and the dealer told me they are run flat tires.
Girlfriend, if he told you that, I wonder what other miss truths he told ya about the car????? :confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you all for you replys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:
my wife is like every other woman and would call me
in case of flat :lol:
now i know for my own knowlage thanks agian
the people here are very nice :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
datonamanmike said:
thank you all for you replys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:
my wife is like every other woman and would call me
in case of flat :lol:
now i know for my own knowlage thanks agian
the people here are very nice :)
Thats what us fellow Sky lovers are for. :thumbs: (even the women...:lol: )

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Chili Pepper Girl said:
The dealer spoke a mistruth. In regular speak... he talked out his ass because his mouth knew better......Skip... No mistruth here....:lol: :lol: :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
SkyRaider said:
show me a "roadster" with room for a spare tire, and i'll show you a 4-seater convertible......just isn't enough room....................:cool:
The last generation Miata's had spare tires. The new MX-5 has the fix a flot like us now.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
johnny99 said:
The dealer was wrong:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:.
SKY does not come with run flats, either standard or optional.
FYI, run-flats are not standard on the new Miata either.
Not having a spare saves room and weight in a two-seater.
I've heard the run flats on the new MX-5 if installed negatively impact the hadnling of the car fairly noticably.

The only cars with run-flats I've driven that still hadnled properly were cars designed for them. Which I've driven the C5, C6, and Z4 with runflats. However even with cars designed for them moving to a non-run-flat tire apparently helps improve the ride and handling fo those cars as well. Every Vette owner at the SCCA event sI've been to that's the first thing they do.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Chili Pepper Girl said:
The Saturn is equipped with run flat tires. If you have a flat, you have to run on it to get it fixed, Run Flat.:D

Goodyear does make a run flat version of this tire. But is NOT on the car as delivered by Saturn. And it is at least $100 more EACH list price.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts