Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Where do you buy shocks for your cars? I've been looking around for the shocks for my 07 redline but I'm not able to find any stock bilstein fe3 shocks. The only ones that I've seen are acdelco from rockauto.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My 2007 Sky base has a suspension as hard as a rock. I wish comfort-ride shocks were available for comfortable cruising. I won't ever be "competition driving" with the car.

As you have found in your research, the only shocks I found were at www.rockauto.com and I believe they are the hard ones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2007 Sky base has a suspension as hard as a rock. I wish comfort-ride shocks were available for comfortable cruising. I won't ever be "competition driving" with the car.

As you have found in your research, the only shocks I found were at www.rockauto.com and I believe they are the hard ones.
Thanks for the input. Nice to know I'm not the only one that can't find oem shocks. What shocks did you end up using?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Are the shocks on RockAuto not equivalent to the factory shocks?

And, the last time I looked RockAuto had both the FE3 and FE2 (softer) shocks...

·
Super Moderator
5,108 Posts
Are the shocks on RockAuto not equivalent to the factory shocks?

And, the last time I looked RockAuto had both the FE3 and FE2 (softer) shocks...
Rock Auto does indeed list both shocks. The only source of confusion I see is that the front FE2 is described as "except FE3".

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello,

Where do you buy shocks for your cars? I've been looking around for the shocks for my 07 redline but I'm not able to find any stock bilstein fe3 shocks. The only ones that I've seen are acdelco from rockauto.

Thanks in advance.
I bought mine from Rock Auto.

·
Super Moderator
5,108 Posts
My confusion was thinking that the stock FE3 shocks are made by bilstein. Is that not true? ACDelco is the only shock I see on rockauto for redlines. Are ACDelco's the stock FE3's?
The original shocks do have Bilstein labels on them. It is possible that they were made by Bilstein but stocked as ACDelco, but I did not find the ACDelco part number on it anywhere. Unfortunately, Bilstein does not list the Sky or the Solstice in its application list, so you may just have to take what you can get.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
The Solstice and Sky originally were sold with Bilstein shocks. At some time since then, the Bilsteins became unavailable, and GM substituted the ACDelco shock absorbers in the FE2 and FE3 specs. (Or so I was told when I had to replace my shocks!)

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
I have two or three sets of used RL shocks. Most have less than 20K on them. Have a like new set with lowering springs on them. I can get pictures of them if you guys like. I think I could ship these without too much trouble. Let me know if any one is interested. I just ordered a set of BC Coil overs for the yellow car. The lowering ones will be available after I get the BC set up on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The original shocks do have Bilstein labels on them. It is possible that they were made by Bilstein but stocked as ACDelco, but I did not find the ACDelco part number on it anywhere. Unfortunately, Bilstein does not list the Sky or the Solstice in its application list, so you may just have to take what you can get.
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Solstice and Sky originally were sold with Bilstein shocks. At some time since then, the Bilsteins became unavailable, and GM substituted the ACDelco shock absorbers in the FE2 and FE3 specs. (Or so I was told when I had to replace my shocks!)

:dunno:

That's good to know. I hope ther acdelco is as good as the stock ones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have two or three sets of used RL shocks. Most have less than 20K on them. Have a like new set with lowering springs on them. I can get pictures of them if you guys like. I think I could ship these without too much trouble. Let me know if any one is interested. I just ordered a set of BC Coil overs for the yellow car. The lowering ones will be available after I get the BC set up on.
Thanks for the offer. I never really thought of using used shocks. I'll pass on the offer for now. I'll let you know if I change my mind.

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
I try to pick up all original parts that have low miles on them. Or parts that are rare, IE GM OEM luggage racks, Opel GT big mirrors. Not trying to make money on the shocks, just offering you the opportunity to put back original equipment if you want it. I am sure the Delco shocks are just the same as the originals

1 - 15 of 15 Posts