Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my car is off getting a custom exhaust at Borla. I was told I could "pick any tip I wanted." Take a look at these and tell me which way you would go:

http://www.borla.com/products/polished_tips.aspx

Also - would you go with a single outlet the way it is from the factory? Or would you have their engineers cut a hole on the left for a dual, and replace that with the neater "Factory Dual" Redline Fascia when it becomes available?

Let me know what you'd do, and then I'll let you know what I eventually decide.

Thanks!

·
Registered
517 Posts
And I would have it cut out for dual. The single exhaust is one of the only things I really dont like about the car.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I like the single round angle-cut intercooled. I would have them cut a hole for the dual and later add the dual exhaust IMO.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like this one my self!:cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Besides the single round rolled angel-cut I think they're all kinda ugly actually...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Single Square Angle-Cut Intercooled is my choice if I had to take one of theirs... personally I'd ask them to use the tip from the original exhaust. When you get it finished, you should post some sound clips for the rest of us! :thumbs:

·
Registered
337 Posts
A Little Crazy But Original Bigtime

OK...first off I would go for the REDLINE LOOK...cut the back to make way for duals...

but I would go for something crazy...a look the SKY and REDLINE won't have...quad dual exits...That's why I would go with the DUAL Square Angle-Cut Intercooled....

In a way you want to keep the square look of the original tip...it just fits with the exit hole that will be cut square on the SKY....the SOLSTICE has the ROUND TIP/TIPS because it has a round exit.

These are the ones I'm talking about:

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One pipe per cylinder!

I hadn't thought of that! (Don't know if I agree with it, but I hadn't thought of it!)

Whatever I do, I will certainly post pictures. Lots of pictures...:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
jdigiant said:
Okay, my car is off getting a custom exhaust at Borla. I was told I could "pick any tip I wanted." Take a look at these and tell me which way you would go:

http://www.borla.com/products/polished_tips.aspx

Also - would you go with a single outlet the way it is from the factory? Or would you have their engineers cut a hole on the left for a dual, and replace that with the neater "Factory Dual" Redline Fascia when it becomes available?

Let me know what you'd do, and then I'll let you know what I eventually decide.

I like the Dual cut angle cut.....:thumbs:
I put the round dual on my P.TCruiser. Athough there is no comparsion to the SKY....I know :D
But it sounded good....:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I like this one...

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I am not to crazy about any of them but if I had to chose I would go for the square one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
haylcron said:
personally I'd ask them to use the tip from the original exhaust.
I agree with this guy. He knows what he's talking about... and I hear he's dashingly good looking.:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.